HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pens-Flames

Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I still have a hangup offering one of our best D-prospects for him.
that's fine, as am i.

it's not like Tanguay is garbage. it's just that there are more attractive options out there for the Pens' defensive prospects.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:08 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
....absolutely insanity that people think Tanguay could be had for a 2nd round draft pick.
Well it's the same guy that thought Glencross is worth a 2nd. This guy's an expert on the Flames though if you've been following this thread.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
For what Tangs means to the Flames and Iginla in particular, he is easily worth a 1st and one of your defensive prospects. Anyways Calgary is making a push for the playoffs and Tanguay won't be traded. The only circumstances I see that happening would be if we are out of it by the deadline and Iggy gets moved.

Stempniak for a 2nd is fair value for both people.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:19 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Stempniak does not help this team. He isn't a top 6 forward. Guy had one 20 goal season several years ago. We could probably get similar production from some one in the system.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
insanity is a first plus a prospect for a 33 year old that has averaged 15 goals and 49 points over the last four years for three different teams. A first and a prospect for Pittsburgh, say a Morrow type, brings someone younger and better than Tanguay. I like him, but not for a first plus at all.
Besides his horrible year in Tampa Bay, he's played at a pace of 63-72 points in every other of those 4 years. That's the least of what you can expect of him playing on a team like Pittsburgh. If healthy he'd probably get about 70 points. But none of this matters because Calgary isn't trading him.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Stempniak does not help this team. He isn't a top 6 forward. Guy had one 20 goal season several years ago. We could probably get similar production from some one in the system.
He had a 28 goal season 3 years ago. You must have thought it was two 14 goal seasons, which would look pretty bad instead of pretty good.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Besides his horrible year in Tampa Bay, he's played at a pace of 63-72 points in every other of those 4 years. That's the least of what you can expect of him playing on a team like Pittsburgh. If healthy he'd probably get about 70 points. But none of this matters because Calgary isn't trading him.
Keep him; Keep Glencross; Keep Iginla and you remain status quo as a franchise. I'm sure you would want to smell the play-offs sometime. You can get a nice prospect and several nice assets by trading those three to change the culture of that organization. Their value won't be any higher next year.

Again, good luck. There isn't a match here unless its Iginla.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:59 PM
AgentM

I think the OP's offer is very fair and would be happy to see the Pens make this deal.

- Sid gets the two things he needs: a Right Handed shot and a winger that can actually score. Both would be firsts since Guerin.

- Kunitz is moved back to Geno's line and TK moves back to Sutter's line which would give us 3 very good lines.

- The PP gets a Right Handed shot which will force teams to defend the whole ice and help mask Bylsma's terrible 'system'.

- At a $2.5m Cap Hit this year and next he won't affect our ability to re-sign Geno and Letang.

I really don't see how this wouldn't be a very helpful trade for Pittsburgh.

AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:04 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
I wouldn't trade Whirling Dervish for a 2nd rounder. Yeah he's streaky, but when he's on he's pretty awesome. I'd rather just keep him and give him the whip when need be.
Yeah. I just don't see the incentive in moving him for a pick at this point in time.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:40 PM
GetThePuckOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Yeah. I just don't see the incentive in moving him for a pick at this point in time.
Definitely not for a pick or prospect, but maybe for a decent shutdown defenseman, if it's a good deal. Calgary could afford to lose a winger if it would help out the blueline, plus it would bump up Bartschi, something that needs to happen.

It would really suck to see him go though, that's for sure. I always liked him, I thought it was great when Feaster re-signed him. But I can't think of who else Calgary should trade instead of him. Only other player I can think of is Cammalleri and that one hurts to think about too.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
i have a suggestion: go back to the posts mentioning Tanguay and actually read them this time.

they're not saying Tanguay is WORTH a 2nd round pick, they're saying they're better offering a 2nd round pick for Tanguay instead of Stempniak.

IMO it would be one of Pens' defensive prospects plus that 2nd or 3rd, but 1st + defensive prospect is just too steep for a player like Tanguay.
Any team would be "better off" by offering the same for a better player, if it actually worked but it doesn't. What is actually better, getting something or getting nothing?

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
**** I'll drive Lee to the airport myself. I can see him scoring 25 goals on Crosby's wing.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:49 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
**** I'll drive Lee to the airport myself. I can see him scoring 25 goals on Crosby's wing.
No way! Ask OCPenguin, he's a 14 goal scorer!

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:02 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
I thought it was 12 goal scorer.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:10 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
There have been many guys that were supposedly going to score a certain amount of goals with Crosby...

People, though, can't grasp the concept of chemistry. You can't force it if you don't have it.

Honour Over Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
There have been many guys that were supposedly going to score a certain amount of goals with Crosby...

People, though, can't grasp the concept of chemistry. You can't force it if you don't have it.
I think the point was that he/she says some things that are pretty inaccurate and they decided to mock it some