HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 03:44 AM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
I think he'd be better a star in junior that 10 minutes a night here. Don't want this to turn into another Svoboda, who started like a star only to be overmatched once opponets found his weaknesses. Difference in points between him and Eller would be nil, where we are literally wasting a former first round pick. There's plenty of time for Gal in future.
I hope folks are starting to see how wrong that statement is!

Old
01-28-2013, 04:16 AM
PricePkPatch

What is this...? GalchenNuke is the new upgrade over The Rocket?

GalchenNuke..
The General..

Man, we are getting militarist

Old
01-28-2013, 04:30 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
What is this...? GalchenNuke is the new upgrade over The Rocket?

GalchenNuke..
The General..

Man, we are getting militarist
wait until dalton "the Flame" thrower makes the team

Old
01-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Galchenyuk - 3 points in 4 games (1 goal, 2 assists)
Gallagher - 2 points in 3 games (1 goal, 1 assist)
Prust - 2 points in 4 games (1 goal, 1 assist)

Keep this up and not only will Galchenyuk and Gallagher stay up, this will be the third line all season. They've been effective in all three zones, VERY dangerous in the offensive zone and Galchenyuk himself looks more and more confident every game. Plus, you see Therrien on the bench every time either Galchenyuk or Gallagher scores. He loves these two kids. Simply put, they stay. With their contribution to the team's three wins in four games, plus the fact that Pacioretty is out for a month or so, Galchenyuk and Gallagher are staying AND Eller now has a place to play and prove himself to Therrien - something I believe he doesn't need to do at this stage, but I digress.

Looking forward to another 44 games of "Galchenyuk a Gallagher, ET LE BUUUUUUUUUUT!"

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
01-28-2013, 06:29 AM
pine

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 11.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Old
01-28-2013, 06:38 AM
baldrick

"We've got to keep doing the same thing -- keeping it simple out there, moving pucks and hunting down pucks," said Prust, a former New York Ranger. "That's what made us successful."

Perfect strategy for learning for an 18 year old.

'How you going to keep'em down on the farm...'

Old
01-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Galchenyuk - 3 points in 2 games (1 goal, 2 assists)

Keep this up and not only will Galchenyuk and Gallagher stay up, this will be the third line all season. They've been effective in all three zones, VERY dangerous in the offensive zone and Galchenyuk himself looks more and more confident every game. Plus, you see Therrien on the bench every time either Galchenyuk or Gallagher scores. He loves these two kids. Simply put, they stay. With their contribution to the team's three wins in four games, plus the fact that Pacioretty is out for a month or so, Galchenyuk and Gallagher are staying AND Eller now has a place to play and prove himself to Therrien - something I believe he doesn't need to do at this stage, but I digress.

Looking forward to another 44 games of "Galchenyuk a Gallagher, ET LE BUUUUUUUUUUT!"
Also, considering the lack of consistency in our top 6, even prior to the Pacioretty injury, we need them.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:11 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Galchenyuk - 3 points in 2 games (1 goal, 2 assists)

Nuke has played 4 games so far...

Old
01-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Top Corner2

This is going to be a tough call for Bergevin. I think he will probably keep the kid up....but:

- 5 games is not a lot of time

- It's a lot harder to be critical when the team is winning.

- The kid knows he's playing for his life....there will be a letdown at some point.

- He is playing against NHLers....but while he is in mid-season form....many of them are not.

If you look around the league it's been a pretty wacky start of the year. A lot of the best players and best teams are only starting to play well.

The kid is talented for sure....but the big question is can he continue to progress and get important minutes all season or will he hit a wall at some point?

Old
01-28-2013, 07:37 AM
That

Loving the Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher line. I'm pretty impressed at how well Prust is playing, he's a lot more skilled than I thought he was.

Watching him in Sarnia, I was very sceptical that Galchenyuk was NHL ready. He's done nothing but prove me wrong. He looks calm and in control. He's improving every shift and is very engaged with and without the puck. He's progressively becoming more comfortable along the boards, in the corners, and in front of the net. His play in his own zone is very good, considering he's a rookie and in Sarnia is job was to play up high and along the boards. He's coming back to the front of the net and moving his feet. His job as the centre is to be the first man back and play the entire length of the ice and he's done that. Clearly he still has work to do in his own zone, but the improvement that he's shown in that area since the beginning of the season is fantastic.

I'm very impressed with the way Galchenyuk has played, I think he's here to stay.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:41 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

I believe that Galchenyuk had a good shot at staying because of his performance the first couple of games but now that patches is hurt i would say he is a lock

Old
01-28-2013, 07:50 AM
ClasslessGuy

So if he plays in 5 games he has to stay in the hnl or it's 6 games?

Old
01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I prefer Galchenyuk, but i'm pretty sure Yapukov will put up more points, at least this season.
Well Yakupov is being used on the top 6 and also gets pp time. Gally is on the 3rd line with hardly no pp time. Galchenyuk is a more complete player

Old
01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
So if he plays in 5 games he has to stay in the hnl or it's 6 games?
6 games, he can play in 5 without counting as 1 year of ELC

Old
01-28-2013, 08:03 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well Yakupov is being used on the top 6 and also gets pp time. Gally is on the 3rd line with hardly no pp time. Galchenyuk is a more complete player
Stats for Yakupov and Galchenyuk:

Player Game Goal Assists Points +/- TOI
Yakupov 4 2 0 2 -3 15:11
Galchenyuk 4 1 2 3 +2 12:05

I prefer Galchenyuk's playing style over Yakupov. Yakupov is a more flashier player but Galchenyuk is more effective at both sides of the ice.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
DenverHabsFan

Why do we care about burning a year of his ELC?? We just have to lock him up to an 8 year contract at some point if he shows he's the real deal. I don't get why fans care about the contract situation. I don't think MB cares either. I love watching both Gallys smile and create exciting plays with very limited minutes and no PP time. I'll be very disappointed now if he goes down. This is the most engaged I've been as a fan since the amazing 08 season.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Stats for Yakupov and Galchenyuk:

Player Game Goal Assists Points +/- TOI
Yakupov 4 2 0 2 -3 15:11
Galchenyuk 4 1 2 3 +2 12:05

I prefer Galchenyuk's playing style over Yakupov. Yakupov is a more flashier player but Galchenyuk is more effective at both sides of the ice.
Absolutely. Kid plays hard at both ends of the ice. No doubt about loving this pick, he will be the best of his draft class

Old
01-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
Why do we care about burning a year of his ELC?? We just have to lock him up to an 8 year contract at some point if he shows he's the real deal. I don't get why fans care about the contract situation. I don't think MB cares either. I love watching both Gallys smile and create exciting plays with very limited minutes and no PP time. I'll be very disappointed now if he goes down. This is the most engaged I've been as a fan since the amazing 08 season.
No one cares about that I just think people are scared because of all the other rookies that we screwed up over the years, but the Habs figured that out and new management will not let this happen anymore and that's why i'm confident. They will help this kid out big time unlike past year where the leaders and management didn't.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
I think Wats had a point. If he ends up with a lower point total in his final year if his elc begins now, we can sign him for less, compared to 4 years from now.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Quoted for hilarious irony!
I still want him to play more than 11-12 minutes a game. Ideally, he's up to at least 15 by year's end.

Quote:
Why do we care about burning a year of his ELC??
Burning an ELC when the kid isn't really contributing (basically keeping him up to give him experience) makes no sense from a cap perspective.

Also, when you look at the Subban drama and MB's stance on bridge deals coming out of ELC, pushing that whole situation back a year with Galchenyuk would have made sense.

Of course with the way he played last night, you burn it and worry about the consequences later.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:25 AM
poetryinmotion

I've been very impressed with his play away from the puck last night, he was always covering the right man and ahead of the play defensively which also lead to some good break outs.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Franked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingItLeBlancWay View Post
I think Wats had a point. If he ends up with a lower point total in his final year if his elc begins now, we can sign him for less, compared to 4 years from now.
It doesn't matter since he'll have to sign a 2y 3million dollar bridge contract anyway.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

people expecting him to dominate like he did in Sarnia need to adjust their expectations

he's not a crosby or a malkin, BUT he will be a great player
He's nhl ready, but he's still a rookie, and as a 18 year old nhl rookie, he's been damn impressive

It will take him abit longer to hit his stride, but rarely does a 18 year old rookie come in and dominate from game one.

There is no point in sending him back to the O. He has nothing left to learn there.

hes lucky though cause under the old administration and coaching, he would not be getting any opportunities to succeed and stick to the team. Therien is using him wisely, and pairing the kids with prust was extremely smart.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Speaking of his next contract and the bridge one he will most probably sign management knows Gally a lot better then they know PK at the moment. Keep that in mind

Old
01-28-2013, 08:30 AM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franked View Post
It doesn't matter since he'll have to sign a 2y 3million dollar bridge contract anyway.
2.2 and 2.9M to be exact

Closed Thread