HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 05:36 AM
  #1
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Colorado-Columbus (Ryan O'Reilly)

Sign and trade type deal. O'Reilly's priority is to play on the top 2 lines. Anisimov, Dubinsky and Johnson all seem to be doing well in Columbus.

Colorado receives:
Ryan Johansen
Tim Erixon

Columbus receives:
Ryan O'Reilly with an agreed upon contract
for example: 5 years 22M (4.4 cap hit, burns 1 UFA year)

2nd round draft pick (5 picks in a loaded top 60)

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:38 AM
  #2
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,725
vCash: 500
Don't see CBJ trading Johansen.

In other news, I am up way too early.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:27 AM
  #3
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
haha No
Tynan and Wisneiwski maybe

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:39 AM
  #4
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 813
I'd really only be interested in JJ at the moment from Columbus truthfully, though it's not a bad deal. Could be worse for Columbus if Johansen hits his potential, but seems pretty fair given how everything stands today.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:44 AM
  #5
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd really only be interested in JJ at the moment from Columbus truthfully, though it's not a bad deal. Could be worse for Columbus if Johansen hits his potential, but seems pretty fair given how everything stands today.
not really fair considering Erixons potential. he's a top 15 prospect according to puck prospectus and one of the best offensive defense prospects in hockey. meanwhile you dont know if RoR signs and stays with the team

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:56 AM
  #6
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
not really fair considering Erixons potential. he's a top 15 prospect according to puck prospectus and one of the best offensive defense prospects in hockey. meanwhile you dont know if RoR signs and stays with the team
O'Reilly is a 22 year old RFA with 4 more years of being a RFA. He has nowhere else to go. Given he'd be your #1 center, it's highly likely he'd sign short term (2 years) and earn long term. People speculate his position on our team is hurting negotiations a lot.

Meanwhile we have Elliott and Barrie in the system, both of whom have the potential to be as good or better than Erixon. A player whom is more of a two-way threat than an offensive threat anyways (ignoring Siemens still in juniors).

Hockeyprospectus? Pretty sure they are the ones that rank players based on advanced offensive statistics, a ranking not very relevant in trade discussions when discussing overall player worth.

O'Reilly is already playing at a level the BJ's would like to see Johansen play at, add Erixon to the mix to account for the void and it becomes a gamble where both teams bank on their acquisitions to exceed their current value to try and win the deal long term. Thus why I believe it is pretty close to fair value, but just not a type of deal I'd like to see.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:00 AM
  #7
CBJFan19*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
O'Reilly is a 22 year old RFA with 4 more years of being a RFA. He has nowhere else to go. Given he'd be your #1 center, it's highly likely he'd sign short term (2 years) and earn long term. People speculate his position on our team is hurting negotiations a lot.

Meanwhile we have Elliott and Barrie in the system, both of whom have the potential to be as good or better than Erixon. A player whom is more of a two-way threat than an offensive threat anyways (ignoring Siemens still in juniors).

Hockeyprospectus? Pretty sure they are the ones that rank players based on advanced offensive statistics, a ranking not very relevant in trade discussions when discussing overall player worth.

O'Reilly is already playing at a level the BJ's would like to see Johansen play at, add Erixon to the mix to account for the void and it becomes a gamble where both teams bank on their acquisitions to exceed their current value to try and win the deal long term. Thus why I believe it is pretty close to fair value, but just not a type of deal I'd like to see.


who cares how many years are on his contract, you are aware with all those years on his deal still the ONLY reason is he is locking to get back into the NHL is because he was released from his over-seas team right? its not by choice, which means if theres another league that will take him then he could very well go and not come back

meanwhile neither of those guys will be better then Erixon, so lets just put that silly statement to an end right there.

Johansen has 2 years to get to O'Reillys level (since he's 2 years younger) so i dont see you're point. Colorado ***** Columbus in that deal, but hey its clear you only see things 1 sided so theres no point in attempting to make sense to a blind homer

CBJFan19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:04 AM
  #8
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,706
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
who cares how many years are on his contract, you are aware with all those years on his deal still the ONLY reason is he is locking to get back into the NHL is because he was released from his over-seas team right? its not by choice, which means if theres another league that will take him then he could very well go and not come back

meanwhile neither of those guys will be better then Erixon, so lets just put that silly statement to an end right there.

Johansen has 2 years to get to O'Reillys level (since he's 2 years younger) so i dont see you're point. Colorado ***** Columbus in that deal, but hey its clear you only see things 1 sided so theres no point in attempting to make sense to a blind homer
Pot calling the kettle black much?

Johansen is very skilled, he's not at O'Reilly's level yet. In a deal today, you don't put the entire weight of the trade upon a player reaching their potential when you are moving a young asset like O'Reilly without picking up an insurance policy.

I'd love to hear your argument on why Erixon is so supremely better than Elliott or Barrie however, let alone Siemens. It must be so silly I can't comprehend it.

Might as well pack up every O'Reilly thread if we're dealing him under the assumption he will leave overseas. Something completely baseless and routed in fiction.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:30 AM
  #9
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:35 AM
  #10
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
I think Johansen will be the better player in the future and the swapping of Erixon for a 2nd makes it lopsided in favor of the Avs.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:39 AM
  #11
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly
Deal is lopsided in Colorado's favor.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:45 AM
  #12
Alivesi
Registered User
 
Alivesi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
who cares how many years are on his contract, you are aware with all those years on his deal still the ONLY reason is he is locking to get back into the NHL is because he was released from his over-seas team right? its not by choice, which means if theres another league that will take him then he could very well go and not come back

meanwhile neither of those guys will be better then Erixon, so lets just put that silly statement to an end right there.

Johansen has 2 years to get to O'Reillys level (since he's 2 years younger) so i dont see you're point. Colorado ***** Columbus in that deal, but hey its clear you only see things 1 sided so theres no point in attempting to make sense to a blind homer
The deal cancellation was a mutual agreement, meaning they both agreed to it... not because he was forced to.

Alivesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  #13
gojackets1
Someday.
 
gojackets1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Honestly, I feel it's a great deal for Columbus so I'd be interested to hear more opinions of what Jackets fans have to say rather than just one poster.

If this whole fiasco didn't happen Colorado hangs up the phone. I did expect some overrating of potential and underrating of Ryan O'Reilly
I'll play, and hopefully provide more insight. Johansen has been looking much more like an NHL player so far this year. He has arguably been the Jackets best forward, along with Atkinson. While I like O'Reilly, I'd rather keep Johansen, because he looks really, really good so far this year. Or at least to us Jackets fans.

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
  #14
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers
 
crazy Kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I think Johansen will be the better player in the future and the swapping of Erixon for a 2nd makes it lopsided in favor of the Avs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Deal is lopsided in Colorado's favor.
Lopsided. Well when it happens, that will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I'll play, and hopefully provide more insight. Johansen has been looking much more like an NHL player so far this year. He has arguably been the Jackets best forward, along with Atkinson. While I like O'Reilly, I'd rather keep Johansen, because he looks really, really good so far this year. Or at least to us Jackets fans.
Atkinson has only played 3 games and is now on the IR. But otherwise I agree, he would be the Jackets best forward... Very promising

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:00 AM
  #15
DKQ
Generic User Title
 
DKQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Press Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,128
vCash: 500
Johansen has looked like a whole new player this year. Don't see the Jackets giving up on him that easily

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:20 AM
  #16
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Johansen is the only potential #1C the Jackets have. I also like Erixon's upside. Although I really like Ryan O'Reilly, he doesn't bring the high-end level of scoring that the Blue Jackets would need if they parted with Johansen.

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
  #17
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,314
vCash: 500
Not just no, but **** no.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
  #18
Kev22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Plain City, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
How about Brassard instead of Johansen?

Kev22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
  #19
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 30,026
vCash: 90
I think a straight up Johansen for O'Reilly swap is fair value, but with Columbus being filled with second line type players, I could understand if they are willing to gamble on Johansen hitting the developmental jackpot over a much more certain thing in O'Reilly.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:43 AM
  #20
GeoffL19
Registered User
 
GeoffL19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,165
vCash: 500
Nikitin would be interesting.

I also like Brassard, Foligno and Umberger.

GeoffL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:47 AM
  #21
Mr Tarkanian
Ali Bomaye!
 
Mr Tarkanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Wow over payment by Columbus.

Mr Tarkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:48 AM
  #22
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Pot calling the kettle black much?

Johansen is very skilled, he's not at O'Reilly's level yet. In a deal today, you don't put the entire weight of the trade upon a player reaching their potential when you are moving a young asset like O'Reilly without picking up an insurance policy.

I'd love to hear your argument on why Erixon is so supremely better than Elliott or Barrie however, let alone Siemens. It must be so silly I can't comprehend it.

Might as well pack up every O'Reilly thread if we're dealing him under the assumption he will leave overseas. Something completely baseless and routed in fiction.
The kid probably doesn't know who these players even are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
Wow over payment by Columbus.
You're just saying this because you think Johansen and Erixon will reach their full potential. There is a high chance that they will, but it's hard for us to trade an already proven player for prospects (especially for a player that was already traded twice). That said I think Avs would do this and Columbus passes.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:55 AM
  #23
TOGuy14
Registered User
 
TOGuy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
Sign and trade type deal. O'Reilly's priority is to play on the top 2 lines. Anisimov, Dubinsky and Johnson all seem to be doing well in Columbus.

Colorado receives:
Ryan Johansen
Tim Erixon

Columbus receives:
Ryan O'Reilly with an agreed upon contract
for example: 5 years 22M (4.4 cap hit, burns 1 UFA year)

2nd round draft pick (5 picks in a loaded top 60)
Pretty sure if that's all ROR wanted in terms of contract, Colorado could work something out with him, and would do that before trading him AND a 2nd.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
  #24
TheMobGoesWild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
I don't think Columbus would be keen on parting with Johansen for a number of reasons.

I like Foligno but I doubt Columbus is looking to move him too especially after picking him up this past offseason.

TheMobGoesWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM
  #25
MrFunnyWobbl
Show Me Your TDs
 
MrFunnyWobbl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unlocated
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 18,982
vCash: 966
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Yeah, no.

Johansen is to much an unknown.

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.