HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leo Komarov?

Old
01-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Predaleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
I'm going to reluctantly agree. I had hoped he would be a little dirtier. He seems very timid out there, like he's afraid to open his mouth.
unless ur on the bench,explain how you know he isnt opening his mouth and chirping?

Predaleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Stephen

It's early yet, but I was envisioning someone who would be chippier, be happy to face wash a superstar in a scrum and skate away laughing, turtle away from a fight and draw a penalty after laying the lumber on a softie like Carl Hagelin, etc.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Epoch

I saw him chirping someone last night, can't remember who though.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:37 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

I've liked his game.

Much more skilled than advertised, and skating is top notch.

He'll learn what he can get away with without taking a penalty as he goes along.

He's a rookie.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
walle

I think whole agitator thing has been overhyped greatly. Sure, it was his way to earn his spot in first men's team in FEL and continue moving forward but year by year he's showed more ability to really play and be an important part of the team. He's been top of his team in scoring and icetime in his last 3 years in KHL and it would be stupid to assume that he'd go back to beeing stupid rat who only takes stupid penalties. In WC's for Finland he's been that "choirboy" also but he has provided great amounts of energy, effort and grittiness which is very much loved by the finnish fans. No stupid **** we always had with JRuutu for example. You hate or love your starplayers depending on if they score but you always love Leo Komarov and for me I've liked his effort and play so far for the leafs also. Just needs to get back on scoring i think he'll be solid for whole season.

walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

The dirtiness will come. He's a decent player though, liked what I've seen so far. But I do hope he turns up the nastiness

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:02 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
I think whole agitator thing has been overhyped greatly. Sure, it was his way to earn his spot in first men's team in FEL and continue moving forward but year by year he's showed more ability to really play and be an important part of the team. He's been top of his team in scoring and icetime in his last 3 years in KHL and it would be stupid to assume that he'd go back to beeing stupid rat who only takes stupid penalties. In WC's for Finland he's been that "choirboy" also but he has provided great amounts of energy, effort and grittiness which is very much loved by the finnish fans. No stupid **** we always had with JRuutu for example. You hate or love your starplayers depending on if they score but you always love Leo Komarov and for me I've liked his effort and play so far for the leafs also. Just needs to get back on scoring i think he'll be solid for whole season.
He doesn't have the skill to be solely be a point producer. While he has decent skill, his value goes up if he can accomplish a number of things. Leo Komarov is a guy I want to be like Sean Avery, except bigger and with less public antics. Avery can play the game, like Komarov and agitate with the best. If he turns into that, with more physicality and less publicity, I would be ecstatic.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
The dirtiness will come. He's a decent player though, liked what I've seen so far. But I do hope he turns up the nastiness
Still too early. He has to get to know his team mates first. Once they get to know you, you can be a dick on the ice and he won't risk alienating himself. Can't start trolling right away until your teammates know who you really are.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:06 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
He doesn't have the skill to be solely be a point producer. While he has decent skill, his value goes up if he can accomplish a number of things. Leo Komarov is a guy I want to be like Sean Avery, except bigger and with less public antics. Avery can play the game, like Komarov and agitate with the best. If he turns into that, with more physicality and less publicity, I would be ecstatic.
I'd say he's on the upper side of skill for the Leafs.

It isn't like he's been playing with the best players on the team.

Maybe he'll get his audition with Kessel and Bozak now, since that line needs someone willing to go into the dirty areas.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Evengi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'd say he's on the upper side of skill for the Leafs.

It isn't like he's been playing with the best players on the team.

Maybe he'll get his audition with Kessel and Bozak now, since that line needs someone willing to go into the dirty areas.
I would definitely like it if he got a shot at the first line. He seems to have a decent skill set, and I can't remember exactly where I heard it but apparently he also has one of the harder shots on the team. That being said, I feel like he could do a pretty good job creating space for Kessel and Bozak while Lupul is out.

I'd also like to see JvR get a shot at the first line too

Evengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:52 PM
skacore

He can finish his hits but he's a buttercup, he needs to be playing with Orr to be completely effective.

skacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Finnpin

Leo isn't flashy in his agitating... he does it often "silently" and can't be seen that much from tv... I remember him in Finnish National Team so many times where it looks he haven't done nothing but suddenly the whole opponent team wants to rip Leo's head off in goal crease area

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:43 AM
JAMmer124
Independent Living

I really like Komarov's game. Finishes his hits, decent skill set.

As for the agitating, he seems to always be in the middle of every scrum so he's probably doing more than we realize.

JAMmer124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:50 AM
s dubay

No complaints .looked good so far We need more sideshow Bob type stuff though LOL

s dubay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
No wonder he pisses everybody off, he can curse you and your mother in 47 different languages.

Hence, #47.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:43 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Leo isn't flashy in his agitating... he does it often "silently" and can't be seen that much from tv... I remember him in Finnish National Team so many times where it looks he haven't done nothing but suddenly the whole opponent team wants to rip Leo's head off in goal crease area
That's how he was with the Marlies IMO.

01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Phatic

ive been fairly surprised by komarov so far. i think once he has a full season under his belt and gets a little more comfortable with his line mates, he`ll prove to be a solid intermediate. faster then i would have expected which is nice for a checking line player. wish he was a bigger body is all

Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote