HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Break the kayfabe walls down: Wrestlers on Twitter.

Old
07-01-2012, 02:37 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Sounds like you found AtlantaSportsFan on Twitter?
You know what, it was a girl, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was his sister or something along the lines of that.

...unless that's his new gimmick.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Mister Wood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice 31 View Post
The entire thing has gone from me saying Cena's character is stale to why WWE is in such a ****** position today with making stars because of Cena's superman push. And this girl still can't grasp what I'm saying.

I want to be a wrestler in the WWE, so I think it'd be wise of me to delete a lot of these tweets...if you want to know the details of the back & forth, just ask.
What's your Twitter handle? I'd like to see this, lol. Plus I'll give you a follow.

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wood View Post
What's your Twitter handle? I'd like to see this, lol. Plus I'll give you a follow.
I deleted all the tweets.

One of them was at least level headed, the other one was just plain ****ing stupid.

The entire thing went along the lines of this:

-Cena should get more air time and no ones cares about AJ. I say AJ is fresh and entertaining and Cena's had the same character for 7 ****ing years and that everyone needs change. Response to me: "AJ is boring and Cena is loved by billions!!!!" back & forth about how AJ is new and fresh and Cena has done the exact same **** for 7 years. I ask what's entertaining about Cena getting his ass kicked for 20 minutes to make a superman comeback in 2 minutes.

-Back and forth shifts to state of the WWE today. Girls say John Cena has made WWE cool again and is the greatest of all time. I tell them I grew up in the Austin era and I'd be damned if people say Cena is the greatest ever when I grew up watching Austin, HHH, Taker, Rock, Jericho, Hart, etc. some of the true greats and I bring up how Cena himself said he's a WWE superstar when it's not so cool anymore. I asked them why it's not cool anymore, and the obvious answer is Cena. Then they say Cena is the greatest and that she's watched since 2001 (yeah...) and is bringing WWE to levels it's never seen before.

-I, again, talk about the past. I bring up how WWE would've been so much better and "cooler" if WWE invested in pushing John Cena, but ALSO pushing other guys to be in the main event as well instead of reverting to Cena every single ****ing time and shoving him down everyone's throats. I talk about how not everyone likes the same thing and Cena is the only true "top" guy and he's catered to 4-13 year olds. I compare today to the Attitude Era when it wasn't just Austin on top, but there was Triple H, The Rock, Mankind, Kane, The Undertaker, Big Show, Kurt Angle, Rikishi, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, etc. all on top or on the upper mid-card with these guys. I talked about how they were legitimate because the top guys put over the younger guys. I talked about how The Rock put Kurt Angle over at No Mercy 2000, which was Kurt Angle's first championship and first major rub. I talked about how Jericho went over Rock & Austin in the same night to become the first ever Undisputed champion. I talked about The Rock putting over The ****ing Hurricane (she didn't believe me...) in 2003.

-I said the WWE would've been a better place, and much better in terms of quality if WWE didn't give ONE guy a major push with the championship and instead, invested in pushing other talent to the top with him. I compared AE's main eventers to today. All the names mentioned above compared to... Cena, Punk and Sheamus as the only legitimate guys WWE has built up? Even Punk is debatable considering the whole storyline progression last year. At this point, the stupid girl left and stop tweeting me, but the back and forth continued on. Eventually it just waned out to where she said "John Cena is the greatest to me and made WWE cool. You don't have to agree but it's true. WWE is cool again." I bring up the ratings and PPV buys compared to when Austin was on the top, and after that, she just shut up, so I deleted the tweets.

It was a HUGE waste because I found out there's no getting through to these Cena fan girls. They're very, very narrow minded.

Thankfully, there are SOME intelligent WWE fans on twitter. I was talking to one just tonight about how fans react to superstars that WWE care about, like Ziggler nowadays who's getting some pretty good reactions. We also talked about Orton and Punk being watered down and Orton needing to turn heel and how every single face turns into a John Cena clone overtime.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Mister Wood

CPrice: yeah it's got to be frustrating when you realize you're dealing with trolls and fan girls, and that you have just been feeding them. Might as well just delete those tweets, I agree.

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Meh, I needed something to entertain myself with. I trolled them a little myself, but everything above is just the gist of the main topic. It was funny, but frustrating as their stupidity waned on.

Old
09-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

"Body guy" Carlito on Dwayne Johnson

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
I dont care much for the rock but this dwayne johnson is "body guy" awesomeness!

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
All he does is tweet about his training & diet or how awesome he is, then has people take pics of him shirtless or in a tank top! #bodyguy

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
He acts like he's trying to inspire but really is just finding ways to put himself over...& that my friends, is the "body guy" way!

Old
09-30-2012, 11:54 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
"Body guy" Carlito on Dwayne Johnson

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
I dont care much for the rock but this dwayne johnson is "body guy" awesomeness!

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
All he does is tweet about his training & diet or how awesome he is, then has people take pics of him shirtless or in a tank top! #bodyguy

carlito ‏@Bodyguylito
He acts like he's trying to inspire but really is just finding ways to put himself over...& that my friends, is the "body guy" way!
Who is this Carlito guy? *Opens wrestling draft threads*

No clue.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Heyman tweeted this today:

RT @CMPunk: “ Why does @CMPunk come off as so nasty and bitter on Twitter!? I think someone needs Dr. Shelby's therapy.”
I think you fell for it. #myjob

RT @CMPunk: “What do you believe in Punk. when he wins its real and not in a fake script. Tebow is a man of faith what are u”
I'm a guy YOU follow.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Heyman tweeted this today:

RT @CMPunk: “ Why does @CMPunk come off as so nasty and bitter on Twitter!? I think someone needs Dr. Shelby's therapy.”
I think you fell for it. #myjob

RT @CMPunk: “What do you believe in Punk. when he wins its real and not in a fake script. Tebow is a man of faith what are u”
I'm a guy YOU follow.
Punk is probably the most consistently entertaining wrestler on Twitter right now.

And on Carlito, he isn't wrong. I followed Rock's Facebook page and had to unfollow it because it consisted of daily posts of; his workout, his diet, and pictures of how ripped he is. It verged on the point of sickening.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

These are tweets Punk posted after retweeting Heyman's tweet

Here's what I know: I'm not a football guy. If I was, I wouldn't allow myself to be honorary anything of a team I didn't even like.

That being said, Tebow thinks there's a god, and believes he will help him win his insignificant game of football. I'll be in Knoxville...

Old
10-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Kane is now on Twitter. His first tweet?

Quote:
Kane ‏@KaneWWE
#IAmTheTagTeamChampions!

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I hope Kane talks out of character and just mind-effs his followers with political talk.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 07:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
And on Carlito, he isn't wrong. I followed Rock's Facebook page and had to unfollow it because it consisted of daily posts of; his workout, his diet, and pictures of how ripped he is. It verged on the point of sickening.
I couldn't imagine needing to be more ripped than the Rock is, beyond that, needing to work out 4 hours a day every day at 5 am or whatever ridiculous regimen he is on. Go ahead and have some fried buffalo wings and ice cream, Dwayne.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I couldn't imagine needing to be more ripped than the Rock is, beyond that, needing to work out 4 hours a day every day at 5 am or whatever ridiculous regimen he is on. Go ahead and have some fried buffalo wings and ice cream, Dwayne.
Oh he has his cheat days. And when he does, he Facebooks the **** out of it.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Dolph Ziggler ‏@HEELZiggler
. @wwesheamus im the best damn thing going in sports entertainment but youre right, you ARE taller #ZigglersBetter

Sheamus ‏@WWESheamus
.@HEELZiggler Hey blondie, @TheRock just called. He wants most of what u just said or will ever say, back. Jog on son.

.@WWESheamus, @therock wouldnt call you, youre not a movie producer. but u produce a lot of Z's �� #yawn #ZigglersBetter

Old
10-26-2012, 09:14 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
. @wwesheamus im the best damn thing going in sports entertainment but youre right, you ARE taller #ZigglersBetter

Sheamus ‏@WWESheamus
.@HEELZiggler Hey blondie, @TheRock just called. He wants most of what u just said or will ever say, back. Jog on son.

.@WWESheamus, @therock wouldnt call you, youre not a movie producer. but u produce a lot of Z's �� #yawn #ZigglersBetter
As a Rock and Sheamus hater, I just gained a lot of respect for Ziggler.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
As a Rock and Sheamus hater, I just gained a lot of respect for Ziggler.

The Rock says the only thing you gained was 20 pounds during the time it took you to post that message! IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Well, I've been informed by Big E Langston via Twitter that he will interview me on my graduation via Tout.

Big E has a lot of personality for a big man.

01-28-2013, 07:47 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Well, I've been informed by Big E Langston via Twitter that he will interview me on my graduation via Tout.

Big E has a lot of personality for a big man.
He does. When he first came I had zero expectations for him other than comedic value with that blank stare he had.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote