HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2012-2013 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Canuckman44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
benoit has to clear waivers to go down, period. He's had to since 2008-09.

@ouroboros, yeah, i know why you didnt include him. I do think that normally benoit would clear, but in this condensed season i'm not as sure. Teams are all going to end up using 9/10+ dmen over the course of the season as they start resting guys, and someone like benoit could be valuable depth - and better than having an actual AHL prospect sit in the pressbox.
So this is starting to make sense. Therefore, by keeping Gryba in the AHL and not giving him NHL experience there is a better chance he doesn't get claimed off waivers next year because he would be an unproven NHL commodity. Add the fact that Benoit might get claimed if he is sent down kind of explains why Gryba was the odd man out.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Old
01-21-2013, 11:16 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
LOL Grant with another SHG!

Any future for Downing? He seems to have a little bit of skill to go with his size and grit.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Good friends Richardson and Eakins will face each other in AHL all-star game

OTTAWA — When Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins submitted his lineup card before a Nov. 22 road game against the Binghamton Senators, he added a name in the space for scratched players: Luke Richardson.

Richardson, of course, is the rookie coach for Binghamton, Ottawa’s American Hockey League affiliate.

Eakins’ move was both an inside joke and a welcome to the AHL gesture toward his good friend.

“I knew he would get a good chuckle out of it,” says Eakins. “Don’t get me wrong. There are teams that I detest, and as much as it’s all business, there are nights where you might try to give the other coach a smile. Besides, I had to beat him to the punch, because he might have done the same thing to me.”

The relationship between the two dates all the way back to their days together as teenagers, defence partners with the Peterborough Petes during the 1986-87 season.

---------
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...057/story.html

Old
01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I'll show the Bingo game Friday night.

Last edited by MainDotC: 01-24-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Suck it Syracuse!

Old
01-28-2013, 09:19 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Does anyone have an inside knowledge on Mark Stone? He left in the third after a non-call on a slashing holding his wrist/forearm in pain. I was hoping he didn't break it.

Also, I didn't see Hoffman for most of the third period, did he get injured as well?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Does anyone have an inside knowledge on Mark Stone? He left in the third after a non-call on a slashing holding his wrist/forearm in pain. I was hoping he didn't break it.

Also, I didn't see Hoffman for most of the third period, did he get injured as well?
Sens#83:

On Hoffman he came out in reg clothes for his star of the game award..... So yes he is injured.....

As for Stone it was his hand or wrist I think he got slashed as he was winching in pain as he came off. I have no inside info on Stone that is just what l saw.

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to bring Lessard or clone in for last half of the season to prevent the Senator's prospects from getting hurt, as Binghamton has no enforcer. Or would bringing Lessard in mess up the chemistry that Binghamton has now????

Old
01-28-2013, 12:10 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Sens#83:

On Hoffman he came out in reg clothes for his star of the game award..... So yes he is injured.....

As for Stone it was his hand or wrist I think he got slashed as he was winching in pain as he came off. I have no inside info on Stone that is just what l saw.

I was just wondering if it would be worth it to bring Lessard or clone in for last half of the season to prevent the Senator's prospects from getting hurt, as Binghamton has no enforcer. Or would bringing Lessard in mess up the chemistry that Binghamton has now????
kramer. no need for lessard.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Pilgore88

Stone has a broken finger and Hoffman a broken Collarbone

Old
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Sens#83:

I'm not a big fan of enforcers. I think they are a wasted roster spot. It would, imo, mess things up. We don't need an enforcer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
kramer. no need for lessard.
Good point, plus he can skate and handle the puck. Things Lessard found challenging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Stone has a broken finger and Hoffman a broken Collarbone
Crap...

How did Hoff break his collarbone? I must have missed that Saturday night?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Too bad for Hoffman, he might have been the call-up instead of Mika if he hadn't got injured.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Too bad for Hoffman, he might have been the call-up instead of Mika if he hadn't got injured.
yup. really too bad for hoff

Old
01-28-2013, 03:42 PM
sens83

Zibanejad up...

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/news/?article_id=1538

Old
01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Bileur

I heard on the radio the other day that Lessard got shot in the arm while managing a gentlemen's club in Québec. He won't be fighting for the b-sens any time soon.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Vikes88
@CrushSoda

Lehner looked great during the All-Star skills competition... didn't actually realize how much of a beast he is for the B-Sens until they rhymed off his accomplishments. Got to pay more attention to them!

Old
01-28-2013, 06:22 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

It would be interesting to see him on a line with Regin & Latendresse, I wonder if he could help turn those two around. If nothing else at least Regin & Zibanejad are both good defensively, so they could be a defensive line with some scoring potential.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Berserker*

Hoffman's injury could keep him out for a while, potentially the whole season. JT Brown of the Syracuse Crunch was diagnosed with the same injury on December 28th and he is not expected back until March or April, so Hoffman is likely out until April or May. That is really unfortunate because he was a big asset to Bingo and was first in line for a call up.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Hoffman's injury could keep him out for a while, potentially the whole season. JT Brown of the Syracuse Crunch was diagnosed with the same injury on December 28th and he is not expected back until March or April, so Hoffman is likely out until April or May. That is really unfortunate because he was a big asset to Bingo and was first in line for a call up.
Oh ya. Hoff is done..maybe playoffs..Stone should be back in a couple wks..

Psst, Ottawa, don't forget to send Zibby back..lol

Old
01-29-2013, 05:36 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Open your eyes and see why Stone got hurt..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I'm not a big fan of enforcers. I think they are a wasted roster spot. It would, imo, mess things up. We don't need an enforcer.

Sens#83:

Have Bingo lose a few more players like Hoffman, and Stone to injuries. You will change your mind!!!!!

Especially that slash to Stone, that would have been prevented IF we had an enforcer.....

Other teams know Bingo lacks muscle and they will keep taking advantage of it, until that need is addressed....

Yes l prefer to watch skilled gifted hockey players play the game, BUT l also realize that having an enforcer to protect the young skilled prospects is just part of the game.

I am old school and have always said a good fight never hurt a hockey game. l will stand by that statement. Always liked to watch a good hockey fight still fires me up and l am an old man &/or fart...........

Old
01-29-2013, 06:06 AM
The King of Town

Remember that time Darcy Tucker had a "broken collarbone" and was back after missing one game? Warrior, that guy.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Billy Bridges

Based on his facial expressions I would say he played his entire career severely constipated.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
Remember that time Darcy Tucker had a "broken collarbone" and was back after missing one game? Warrior, that guy.
Yes. I also remember when he was ravaged by that bullet fired from the gun of a lone sniper up in the rafters of SBP. Miraculously, he was out there the next shift. Tucker could not be stopped.

And then there was the time Daniel Alfredsson pulled out Tucker's spine and used it to one-time a puck behind Belfour....

Old
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Brad Peltz recalled from Trenton.................

01/29/2013
Brad Peltz (RW)
Binghamton ADD
Recalled from loan to
Trenton (ECHL)

Via AHL website...

Old
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proust View Post
Yes. I also remember when he was ravaged by that bullet fired from the gun of a lone sniper up in the rafters of SBP. Miraculously, he was out there the next shift. Tucker could not be stopped.

And then there was the time Daniel Alfredsson pulled out Tucker's spine and used it to one-time a puck behind Belfour....

this is great

Closed Thread