HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eller already in the doghouse?

Old
01-25-2013, 02:55 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
I'm sure MT is communicating with Eller what the score is. It's hard to justify Eller taking somebody's spot when the team is playing well. I'm sure Eller understands this even though he'd obviously rather be playing.

I think whenever he'll return he'll be great. I'd really like to see him with DD and Patches on the wing.

He'll get his chance. I'm not worried about him at all.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:49 AM
ChoseLa

During the first game the third line was realy bad, nothing was hapoening with them. Only Gally had like two shots on net. Moen was demoted to the fourth line and Eller was sent to the press box and now the team has been playing its best hockey in more than a year. It happens on every teams. Eller will be back, don't worry.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
During the first game the third line was realy bad, nothing was hapoening with them. Only Gally had like two shots on net. Moen was demoted to the fourth line and Eller was sent to the press box and now the team has been playing its best hockey in more than a year. It happens on every teams. Eller will be back, don't worry.
Agreed.

Eller is one of my favourite players on the team, but he is also a team player. Hopefully he is supportive of his teammates, but also upset and working his ass off so that when the team hits a bump, or someone is injured, he's ready to step in and make a difference, not just take a spot in the lineup.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 11:00 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Agreed.

Eller is one of my favourite players on the team, but he is also a team player. Hopefully he is supportive of his teammates, but also upset and working his ass off so that when the team hits a bump, or someone is injured, he's ready to step in and make a difference, not just take a spot in the lineup.
Yes.

I think we all agree that somethong had to be done with Eller he has much promises but has been playing just ok hockey (even considering his bad linemates). It's the most common thing to do with such a player.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
zzoo

How many minutes did Eller play yesterday ? He seems not flying to me, as I expected.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:18 AM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Galchenyuk > Eller

HabsProspectsExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
How many minutes did Eller play yesterday ? He seems not flying to me, as I expected.
He will be traded for scraps soon enough, don't worry.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I just don't see top 6 potential in Eller. Hell, i don't even think that the line of Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher would be as much effective with Eller replacing Galchenyuk...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
I think Moen played on his line at the end there. I wasn't wowed by Eller last night. Kind of disappointed a bit personally. I thought he'd come back fires blazing after being benched. Didn't seem to be the case. At least not to me.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:31 AM
gusfring

Move Eller, Weber and a pick for a forward...

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Eller is a versatile top 9 forward who is still raw. It will come in due time as long as people understand that.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:13 AM
HomaridII

Eller stays on DD and Cole's wing at practice this morning

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Eller stays on DD and Cole's wing at practice this morning
If it fails again, flip it. Put DD on wing and Eller at C. See what happens.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If it fails again, flip it. Put DD on wing and Eller at C. See what happens.
Ya, Eller seems somewhat uncomfortable playing on the wing - or at least he did last night.

He seemed to be trying hard, but just for the sake of trying hard becauseMT told him he needs to try harder. He doesn't seem to be picking his spots or getting into the right areas because he's too busy 'trying hard'.

Not sure if this makes sense, but I'm sensing is confidence is down and that he's just trying to appease the coach rather than playing his game.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:49 AM
zzoo

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey...8_section_POS3

I really hope that Eller won't turn out to be Bulis. And I hope he won't be traded and have a good chance to prove himself at center.

What should we do then ? Next season, we could trade Desharnais and Plekanec ? I'd trade Plek because he has much more value than Desharnais; and moreover, Plek salary is higher too, and he's older.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
LaTenderness

Hats 4 Lars 2night

someone hash tag that quick

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin

Am i reading this right?
Galchenyuk to center Gallagher and Prust. Eller not in the regular trio.

moolah3i4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:55 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by moolah3i4 View Post
Galchenyuk to center Gallagher and Prust. Eller not in the regular trio.
You just quoted a post from over a week ago.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
moolah3i4
Long Live The Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You just quoted a post from over a week ago.
I didn't even know LMAO.. You can delete if you want.

moolah3i4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Move Eller, Weber and a pick for a forward...
You won' get more than a bottom two line forward + maybe a 4th round pick for this pair. Better keep them. They might be very useful down the road.

As for Eller, what do you prefer ? Having him playing wing on a top two line or being in the stands ?

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:

I really hope that Eller won't turn out to be Bulis. And I hope he won't be traded and have a good chance to prove himself at center.

What should we do then ? Next season, we could trade Desharnais and Plekanec ? I'd trade Plek because he has much more value than Desharnais; and moreover, Plek salary is higher too, and he's older.
Eller doesn't have half the hockey sense and savvy of Plekky.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
MasterD

Quote:

I'Ve been thinking this for a while now. I had the same view on Bulis: when we got him, I thought he had 2nd line LW potential, 50 points guy. It became slowly but surely pretty clear that this would never happen. I loved him on our 3rd line at the time, although not really a physical presence, but he wanted a bigger role.

I think Eller will never be more than a 3rd line. He's a good one at that, although doesn't hit often, but he plays a sound defensive game and can chip in offensively sometimes. If he insists on playing higher in the lineup, then trade him.

EDIT I mostly think Eller lacks hockey sense and vision. He doesn't make the right plays at the right time, and is not a great (but not bad) passer either.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Et le But

I see the media hit job on Eller is out full force.

It's true, he might not be more than a 3rd liner..but he's already on the road to being a good one, even if he lacks the nasty side everyone wants from grinders.

Still, I think he's better off elsewhere. His time in Montreal is over, you can see it in how defeated he looked in the last game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
EDIT I mostly think Eller lacks hockey sense and vision. He doesn't make the right plays at the right time, and is not a great (but not bad) passer either.
From what I saw of him during the lockout he was making some quite good passes in Finland...and yes it's a different game there but SM-liiga is not the KHL, the league is filled with physical grinders and includes smaller rinks...

I don't know what it is, Eller seems to panic in the NHL when he tries to set up plays. I'm not convinced it's completely a lack of sense, but I'm also not sure if it'll ever go away.

I hate the Jan Bulis comparisons though, Bulis was almost 30 when he had his 4 goal game.

Last edited by Et le But: 01-29-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I see the media hit job on Eller is out full force.

It's true, he might not be more than a 3rd liner..but he's already on the road to being a good one, even if he lacks the nasty side everyone wants from grinders.

Still, I think he's better off elsewhere. His time in Montreal is over, you can see it in how defeated he looked in the last game.

From what I saw of him during the lockout he was making some quite good passes in Finland...and yes it's a different game there but SM-liiga is not the KHL, the league is filled with physical grinders and includes smaller rinks...

I don't know what it is, Eller seems to panic in the NHL when he tries to set up plays. I'm not convinced it's completely a lack of sense, but I'm also not sure if it'll ever go away.

I hate the Jan Bulis comparisons though, Bulis was almost 30 when he had his 4 goal game.
He has no confidence, don't look elsewhere. He seems mentally fragile.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
bib
#believe

MT's handling Eller well. Lars was playing anxious, thinking he was on a short leash. He gets benched in the 3rd.

But what does MT do in overtime? He puts Eller out on the ice. Really positive stuff. Michel knows how to handle players.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote