HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jonathon Blum

Old
01-26-2013, 05:47 PM
jprivel

vCash: 500
Jonathon Blum

Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks

jprivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprivel View Post
Hey guys, I feel like an idiot asking this but I have looked everywhere and I can't find where jonathon blum is playing this season. Is he being sidelined by the preds because he hasn't played one game with nashville and hockeydb says he isn't on Milwaukee's active roster?

Thanks
He is with the big squad, but not playing. At this point he's an injury fill in, but I expect to see him get some minutes soon enough.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 06:57 PM
jprivel

thanks!

jprivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:15 PM
april

Wouldn't it make more sense, if they are scratching him every game in Nashville, to put him in milwaukee so he doesn't get rusty? Doesn't seem fair to scratch the same guy every game and not give him a chance to prove himself (and either sink or swim)

april is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:48 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't been in yet this season, but no one on our D has played badly enough to warrant a change. I'd expect to see him at least once on this road trip though.
I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....

deanwormer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I think I disagree with this; Gill has had a couple pretty bad games, and we already know what his limits are for his game. If Trotz could rely on Blum on the PK, I think we'd start to see more minutes from Blum. Of course, without playing, I don't know how Blum is sposed to show Trotz he can rely on him.....
Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:14 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Blum is experiencing the Kline Conundrum... too good for Milwaukee, not yet good enough for Nashville.

Sit in the box, learn the game, practice hard, and when you get your chance, play well.

He will get his chance.... but Gill is not getting benched unless he's dinged up and needs a rest
How can you tell? Gill isn't exactly Pavel Bure when it comes to footspeed!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:39 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:50 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Gill's game has nothing to do with speed. It's getting that big body into position, eating up space, using his reach, mass against the boards. Blum needs either Hannan or Ellis to slip in their play ... or for Trotz to try seven d-men and sit Clune for a game.
i think trotz should sit clune and roll with 7 defenseman.. let blum play. all clune has proved good for is a once a game fight where the other guy hits him alot..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:00 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
i think trotz should sit clune and roll with 7 defenseman.. let blum play. all clune has proved good for is a once a game fight where the other guy hits him alot..
It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
It takes a certain special talent to take repeated punches ... and go back for more.
you may be right. dont really see how a team gets energy from seeing their guy get whooped every night, though

Last edited by NoNecksCurse: 01-29-2013 at 09:46 PM.
NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:38 PM
predfan24

Quote:
"Special Talent" or as most people like to call it.....Insanity Props to him though. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't let myself be a punching bag for hundred of thousands of dollars a year while playing a game as well.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:29 AM
cleangene

Blum over SK74. Clune was closer to the net with the puck than Mr. 0 shots on goal.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:31 AM
NYVanfan

hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:15 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
hey all,
just wondering about Blum -- I'm high on this guy (remember how good he was in a playoff series vs the canucks a couple years ago), but he seems to be struggling to secure a spot. I know he's gotten in as #7D lately -- how's that going? Is he making any progress?
cheers
I think he's looked pretty good. He is more offensive and getting PP time I think.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, he's right there with Josi and Ellis to me, each bring something a little different but all look like very talented young defensemen.

Blum is far better than Gill for sure.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Legionnaire11

Seems like all of these young guys are finally ready. But we'll stick with the veterans while they're under contract. Trotz is always loyal to the vets and sees no reason to rush the kids in.

Hannan is on a one year contract and probably won't be back. Gill is signed through next season, but can definitely be pushed down to the 7th spot or possibly traded. Keep in mind that the reason we have Hannan and Gill on the roster is that we really had no idea if Ellis and/or Blum would progress and stick on the roster. Now that they're proving to be ready, they will be permanent fixtures on the blueline as the older guys are phased out.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 12:34 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

kids been incredible. he can pass, shoot, play sound positioning, and hit well. Hes deserves to stay up. Id be all for scratching or trading Gill once Blum has a little more time to settle in.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote