HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Both Bäckman and Järnkrok chosen to the Swedish national team roster for next week's tournament.

Didn't catch the coach introducing Bäckman but when talking about Järnkrok he praised his backchecking in the tournament played in Finland.
He pretty much said he's been his team's best defender despite having other good D's like Havelid and Johansson. Didn't talk about his game per se.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
On that note what prospects will be in the show next year? Nyquist & Tatar for sure, Sheahan, Andersson or Ferraro possibly?

Making the jump to the AHL/ECHL is Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen/Marchenko, Nedomlel & Quine?

Most of our top prospects are headed to the pro game next year, it's going to suck losing some of these guys to waivers (assuming they all develop).
Nyquist is only 'sure one' imo. Andersson traded or in the show, Tatar may be the first call up, depending on how the offseason goes.

I doubt we see Ferraro and Sheahan.

Quine may stay at junior but probably enters Griffins as does Tvrdon and Frk.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nyquist is only 'sure one' imo. Andersson traded or in the show, Tatar may be the first call up, depending on how the offseason goes.

I didn't think Frk was old enough to play in the CHL, he must be a late 93 then. Looks like Grand Rapids will be quite full with prospects next year then.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
joe89

Quote:

Nyquist a regular, don't think there's much doubt there.
Andersson in typical Detroit fashion will probably be a press box player. He'll get maybe 40 games.
Lashoff is a possible 7th D. Almqvist gets a handful of games when injuries strike the hardest.
Tatar first call-up. Sheahan second call-up. Both a little depending on where they slot Jarnkrok into the organization.
Ferraro and Jurco if lucky get an appreciation call-up just to sit as extra player and get some big league salary.

My estimates.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

I don't think Tatar will start another season in the A

Old
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
joe89

I hope they give Tats every chance to make the team. As in they give him a chance to show in the pre-season games he's there to take a spot and not BS him even if he plays great. But Kenny seems hell-bent on never waiving a player again..

Old
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I don't think Tatar will start another season in the A
I agree I think it's either in the NHL, whether that's with the wings or another team, or he's gone to the KHL for atleast a year.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I'll be surprised if Tatar isn't with the Wings to start the season next year. I think a bigger question is the blueline. We potentially four guys who could come to GR's blueline next season (Oullet, Sproul, Marchenko, Backman) and I don't imagine them wanting to start four AHL rookies - though two of them have been playing in men's leagues. I wonder if someone will be given the opportunity to skip GR and go straight to Detroit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Backman makes that sort of jump with how he's doing this season.

01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Jurky
I heart Tats

I think Gus and Tatar will probably both start with the big club next year or I seriously think Tatar will go the KHL route.

Also does anyone have an update on Dekeyser? How's he doing this year and when will he sign with a NHL club?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'll be surprised if Tatar isn't with the Wings to start the season next year. I think a bigger question is the blueline. We potentially four guys who could come to GR's blueline next season (Oullet, Sproul, Marchenko, Backman) and I don't imagine them wanting to start four AHL rookies - though two of them have been playing in men's leagues. I wonder if someone will be given the opportunity to skip GR and go straight to Detroit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Backman makes that sort of jump with how he's doing this season.
Well they have already said Backman isn't coming over next year. Although even if Marchenko stays in Russia, decisions need to be made on Jensen and Nedomlel.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Well they have already said Backman isn't coming over next year. Although even if Marchenko stays in Russia, decisions need to be made on Jensen and Nedomlel.
I think it would be wise to sign Jensen now before his senor year where he could walk away & sign with anybody ala Shultz. Nedomlel I'd also like to see signed but I can really only stat watch so I have no idea if he is progressing or not.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

Quote:
I think it would be wise to sign Jensen now before his senor year where he could walk away & sign with anybody ala Shultz. Nedomlel I'd also like to see signed but I can really only stat watch so I have no idea if he is progressing or not.
I have had the chance to watch him live a few times this year. Compared to last year he has definitely improved. He's being used in all situations and you can tell the coaches use him as much as possible. His point totals may be down slightly but his over all game has made strides. I like him as a prospect and believe he should be signed. I could see him becoming a #5-#6 guy.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
It's funny how things change in a year. I think our defensive prospects are licking their chops now. It looks like there will be a lot of spots for the taking on that Detroit blue line soon enough.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
It's funny how things change in a year. I think our defensive prospects are licking their chops now. It looks like there will be a lot of spots for the taking on that Detroit blue line soon enough.
Yeah I said this to a buddy about DeKeyser as well. He might have been reluctant to sign in Detroit last off-season, he has to see opportunity now.

If DeKeyser signs unless they can move some contracts I think Nedomlel pays the price and doesn't get an offer.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Rzombo4 prez

Gus and Tatar will likely both finish in the top ten in AHL scoring. For Tatar I think it is NHL or KHL next season. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:08 AM
TCNorthstars

vCash: 599
Quote:
I agree I think it's either in the NHL, whether that's with the wings or another team, or he's gone to the KHL for atleast a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I think Gus and Tatar will probably both start with the big club next year or I seriously think Tatar will go the KHL route.

Also does anyone have an update on Dekeyser? How's he doing this year and when will he sign with a NHL club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Gus and Tatar will likely both finish in the top ten in AHL scoring. For Tatar I think it is NHL or KHL next season. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.
With an NHL contract, I don't think Tatar can play in the KHL next season.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
With an NHL contract, I don't think Tatar can play in the KHL next season.
Yeah, I think he's said that he will give it time to 14-15 season to make the team. If he hasn't made it by then, it's KHL. So having Tatar as the first call up next season and then giving him 1-way contract would make him stay imo. Even better if he gets roster spot, there will be rush at Griffins next year. Though he could give some vet presence there, lol.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:23 AM
InjuredChoker

Brock with this piece ranking top 10 unsigned overagers from OHL. Anything interesting there?

I could be taking a shot at Matt Petgrave.

Quote:
He's such an athletic defenseman who has a ton of great tools. He can carry the puck up the ice with ease thanks to his skating ability. He runs the powerplay well. He is one of the most feared and aggressive hitters in the league. He has pretty good size at about 6'1, 190lbs. That said, there are some areas of his game that have never really improved during his time in the league. He's still prone to turnovers in his own end, and his ability to defend in zone coverage situations never really took that next step. This could point to some deficiencies in the hockey sense department. But the athletic tangibles are there and I think he's still striving to reach his potential.
Too bad he's lefty. Still over ppg this year.

Would give a try-out if no other team isn't taking a shot at him.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
StormSurge9

Quote:
Brock with this piece ranking top 10 unsigned overagers from OHL. Anything interesting there?

I could be taking a shot at Matt Petgrave.

Too bad he's lefty. Still over ppg this year.

Would give a try-out if no other team isn't taking a shot at him.
Like it says, turnover prone defenceman. I have seen him play a couple times. With his athleticism and hitting I think he should actually move to a wing and try to make the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
ChadS

Two assists for Pulkkinen tonight, on the equalizer and the goal winner. +2 and 14:45 icetime.

Järnkrok had the assist on their only goal. He was +1, won 76% of his faceoffs and played 20:10. I think he's been way better on the dot lately compared to the start of the season.

Team-high 21:38 icetime for Bäckman as they lost 4-1. He was -1.

Last edited by ChadS: 01-29-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
I think Backman could force their hand, though, if he wants to. What is there left for the guy to do in Sweden? He's making the national team, he's arguably the best D on his team, he's top10 in D scoring...the only thing he really needs is to add some bulk, but that's not really a huge deal and would probably take another couple of years regardless of what league he's in. If he wants to stay in Sweden, let him, but I'm not sure it's going to be a necessity from a development standpoint.

With Marchenko it's purely about icetime. He needs it, he hasn't been getting in Russia, I'd rather see the Wings do what they can to take a bit more control of it.

And you're right about Nedomiel and Jensen. Maybe the Wings aren't as high on some of these guys as we and others are, but if they don't find a way to make some room, they're not going to have a choice in losing them.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think Backman could force their hand, though, if he wants to. What is there left for the guy to do in Sweden? He's making the national team, he's arguably the best D on his team, he's top10 in D scoring...the only thing he really needs is to add some bulk, but that's not really a huge deal and would probably take another couple of years regardless of what league he's in. If he wants to stay in Sweden, let him, but I'm not sure it's going to be a necessity from a development standpoint.

With Marchenko it's purely about icetime. He needs it, he hasn't been getting in Russia, I'd rather see the Wings do what they can to take a bit more control of it.

And you're right about Nedomiel and Jensen. Maybe the Wings aren't as high on some of these guys as we and others are, but if they don't find a way to make some room, they're not going to have a choice in losing them.
He signed another one-year deal in Sweden the other day. While there's still an NHL out clause, Hakan and the gang have all but said he's staying another year too. Yeah, it's not really a big deal either way, he's a couple of years away no matter what.

With Marchenko, my impression is they want him over next season. The decision seems to be up to him.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Osgood As It Gets
23 Straight Years

vCash: 493
Good updates from Backman and Marchenko :

Quote:
(Hakan) Andersson said that aside from Edmonton Oilers first-rounder Oscar Klefbom, he wouldn’t trade Backman for any defenseman in Sweden.
Quote:
According to Andersson, CSKA — one of the better teams in the KHL — tried to re-sign Marchenko but so far, he’s held firm on his plan to play in North America next season.

“I’m convinced he can be a very good defenseman for Grand Rapids next season and where he takes it from there, I don’t know,” Andersson said.
http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...wings-backman/

The Wings might have a steal in Backman it seems. I've kept and eye out on him, but never really studied him.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Good updates from Backman and Marchenko :

http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...wings-backman/

The Wings might have a steal in Backman it seems. I've kept and eye out on him, but never really studied him.
I've been a big fan. That's two recent articles from RWC on him so it's obvious he's pushing his way up the prospect rankings. It's good to read the Red Wings think Marchenko will come play in Grand Rapids next year. A defense that features Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko and possibly Jensen would be pretty bad-ass.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
ChadS

I've been watching more of Bäckman and Järnkrok + some of Marchenko lately. Really like all of them, especially Bäckman who's one of my favorite DRW prospects. The news on Marchenko sounds really good, he seems determined to do anything it takes to make the NHL.

Closed Thread