HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
  #601
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 15,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Both Bäckman and Järnkrok chosen to the Swedish national team roster for next week's tournament.

Didn't catch the coach introducing Bäckman but when talking about Järnkrok he praised his backchecking in the tournament played in Finland.
He pretty much said he's been his team's best defender despite having other good D's like Havelid and Johansson. Didn't talk about his game per se.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
  #602
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
On that note what prospects will be in the show next year? Nyquist & Tatar for sure, Sheahan, Andersson or Ferraro possibly?

Making the jump to the AHL/ECHL is Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen/Marchenko, Nedomlel & Quine?

Most of our top prospects are headed to the pro game next year, it's going to suck losing some of these guys to waivers (assuming they all develop).
Nyquist is only 'sure one' imo. Andersson traded or in the show, Tatar may be the first call up, depending on how the offseason goes.

I doubt we see Ferraro and Sheahan.

Quine may stay at junior but probably enters Griffins as does Tvrdon and Frk.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:16 AM
  #603
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nyquist is only 'sure one' imo. Andersson traded or in the show, Tatar may be the first call up, depending on how the offseason goes.

I doubt we see Ferraro and Sheahan.

Quine may stay at junior but probably enters Griffins as does Tvrdon and Frk.
I didn't think Frk was old enough to play in the CHL, he must be a late 93 then. Looks like Grand Rapids will be quite full with prospects next year then.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
  #604
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 15,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Nyquist is only 'sure one' imo. Andersson traded or in the show, Tatar may be the first call up, depending on how the offseason goes.

I doubt we see Ferraro and Sheahan.

Quine may stay at junior but probably enters Griffins as does Tvrdon and Frk.
Nyquist a regular, don't think there's much doubt there.
Andersson in typical Detroit fashion will probably be a press box player. He'll get maybe 40 games.
Lashoff is a possible 7th D. Almqvist gets a handful of games when injuries strike the hardest.
Tatar first call-up. Sheahan second call-up. Both a little depending on where they slot Jarnkrok into the organization.
Ferraro and Jurco if lucky get an appreciation call-up just to sit as extra player and get some big league salary.

My estimates.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  #605
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
I don't think Tatar will start another season in the A

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
  #606
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 15,947
vCash: 500
I hope they give Tats every chance to make the team. As in they give him a chance to show in the pre-season games he's there to take a spot and not BS him even if he plays great. But Kenny seems hell-bent on never waiving a player again..

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 12:11 PM
  #607
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
I don't think Tatar will start another season in the A
I agree I think it's either in the NHL, whether that's with the wings or another team, or he's gone to the KHL for atleast a year.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:14 PM
  #608
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I'll be surprised if Tatar isn't with the Wings to start the season next year. I think a bigger question is the blueline. We potentially four guys who could come to GR's blueline next season (Oullet, Sproul, Marchenko, Backman) and I don't imagine them wanting to start four AHL rookies - though two of them have been playing in men's leagues. I wonder if someone will be given the opportunity to skip GR and go straight to Detroit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Backman makes that sort of jump with how he's doing this season.

__________________
blah, blah, blah
Winger98 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:37 PM
  #609
Jurky
I heart Tats
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
I think Gus and Tatar will probably both start with the big club next year or I seriously think Tatar will go the KHL route.

Also does anyone have an update on Dekeyser? How's he doing this year and when will he sign with a NHL club?

Jurky is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
  #610
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I'll be surprised if Tatar isn't with the Wings to start the season next year. I think a bigger question is the blueline. We potentially four guys who could come to GR's blueline next season (Oullet, Sproul, Marchenko, Backman) and I don't imagine them wanting to start four AHL rookies - though two of them have been playing in men's leagues. I wonder if someone will be given the opportunity to skip GR and go straight to Detroit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Backman makes that sort of jump with how he's doing this season.
Well they have already said Backman isn't coming over next year. Although even if Marchenko stays in Russia, decisions need to be made on Jensen and Nedomlel.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
  #611
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!
 
DatsyukToZetterberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Well they have already said Backman isn't coming over next year. Although even if Marchenko stays in Russia, decisions need to be made on Jensen and Nedomlel.
I think it would be wise to sign Jensen now before his senor year where he could walk away & sign with anybody ala Shultz. Nedomlel I'd also like to see signed but I can really only stat watch so I have no idea if he is progressing or not.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
  #612
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I think it would be wise to sign Jensen now before his senor year where he could walk away & sign with anybody ala Shultz. Nedomlel I'd also like to see signed but I can really only stat watch so I have no idea if he is progressing or not.
I have had the chance to watch him live a few times this year. Compared to last year he has definitely improved. He's being used in all situations and you can tell the coaches use him as much as possible. His point totals may be down slightly but his over all game has made strides. I like him as a prospect and believe he should be signed. I could see him becoming a #5-#6 guy.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
  #613
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable
 
Guru Meditation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I think it would be wise to sign Jensen now before his senor year where he could walk away & sign with anybody ala Shultz. Nedomlel I'd also like to see signed but I can really only stat watch so I have no idea if he is progressing or not.
It's funny how things change in a year. I think our defensive prospects are licking their chops now. It looks like there will be a lot of spots for the taking on that Detroit blue line soon enough.

Guru Meditation is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
  #614
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
It's funny how things change in a year. I think our defensive prospects are licking their chops now. It looks like there will be a lot of spots for the taking on that Detroit blue line soon enough.
Yeah I said this to a buddy about DeKeyser as well. He might have been reluctant to sign in Detroit last off-season, he has to see opportunity now.

If DeKeyser signs unless they can move some contracts I think Nedomlel pays the price and doesn't get an offer.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
  #615
Rzombo4 prez
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Gus and Tatar will likely both finish in the top ten in AHL scoring. For Tatar I think it is NHL or KHL next season. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.

Rzombo4 prez is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:08 AM
  #616
TCNorthstars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Traverse City, MI
Posts: 825
vCash: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I agree I think it's either in the NHL, whether that's with the wings or another team, or he's gone to the KHL for atleast a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I think Gus and Tatar will probably both start with the big club next year or I seriously think Tatar will go the KHL route.

Also does anyone have an update on Dekeyser? How's he doing this year and when will he sign with a NHL club?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzombo4 prez View Post
Gus and Tatar will likely both finish in the top ten in AHL scoring. For Tatar I think it is NHL or KHL next season. He has nothing left to prove at the AHL level.
With an NHL contract, I don't think Tatar can play in the KHL next season.

TCNorthstars is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 07:59 AM
  #617
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
With an NHL contract, I don't think Tatar can play in the KHL next season.
Yeah, I think he's said that he will give it time to 14-15 season to make the team. If he hasn't made it by then, it's KHL. So having Tatar as the first call up next season and then giving him 1-way contract would make him stay imo. Even better if he gets roster spot, there will be rush at Griffins next year. Though he could give some vet presence there, lol.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 08:23 AM
  #618
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
Brock with this piece ranking top 10 unsigned overagers from OHL. Anything interesting there?

I could be taking a shot at Matt Petgrave.

Quote:
He's such an athletic defenseman who has a ton of great tools. He can carry the puck up the ice with ease thanks to his skating ability. He runs the powerplay well. He is one of the most feared and aggressive hitters in the league. He has pretty good size at about 6'1, 190lbs. That said, there are some areas of his game that have never really improved during his time in the league. He's still prone to turnovers in his own end, and his ability to defend in zone coverage situations never really took that next step. This could point to some deficiencies in the hockey sense department. But the athletic tangibles are there and I think he's still striving to reach his potential.
Too bad he's lefty. Still over ppg this year.

Would give a try-out if no other team isn't taking a shot at him.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:10 PM
  #619
StormSurge9
Registered User
 
StormSurge9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guelph, ONT
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Brock with this piece ranking top 10 unsigned overagers from OHL. Anything interesting there?

I could be taking a shot at Matt Petgrave.



Too bad he's lefty. Still over ppg this year.

Would give a try-out if no other team isn't taking a shot at him.
Like it says, turnover prone defenceman. I have seen him play a couple times. With his athleticism and hitting I think he should actually move to a wing and try to make the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

StormSurge9 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
  #620
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Two assists for Pulkkinen tonight, on the equalizer and the goal winner. +2 and 14:45 icetime.

Järnkrok had the assist on their only goal. He was +1, won 76% of his faceoffs and played 20:10. I think he's been way better on the dot lately compared to the start of the season.

Team-high 21:38 icetime for Bäckman as they lost 4-1. He was -1.


Last edited by ChadS: 01-29-2013 at 02:31 PM.
ChadS is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
  #621
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Well they have already said Backman isn't coming over next year. Although even if Marchenko stays in Russia, decisions need to be made on Jensen and Nedomlel.
I think Backman could force their hand, though, if he wants to. What is there left for the guy to do in Sweden? He's making the national team, he's arguably the best D on his team, he's top10 in D scoring...the only thing he really needs is to add some bulk, but that's not really a huge deal and would probably take another couple of years regardless of what league he's in. If he wants to stay in Sweden, let him, but I'm not sure it's going to be a necessity from a development standpoint.

With Marchenko it's purely about icetime. He needs it, he hasn't been getting in Russia, I'd rather see the Wings do what they can to take a bit more control of it.

And you're right about Nedomiel and Jensen. Maybe the Wings aren't as high on some of these guys as we and others are, but if they don't find a way to make some room, they're not going to have a choice in losing them.

Winger98 is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 PM
  #622
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 15,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think Backman could force their hand, though, if he wants to. What is there left for the guy to do in Sweden? He's making the national team, he's arguably the best D on his team, he's top10 in D scoring...the only thing he really needs is to add some bulk, but that's not really a huge deal and would probably take another couple of years regardless of what league he's in. If he wants to stay in Sweden, let him, but I'm not sure it's going to be a necessity from a development standpoint.

With Marchenko it's purely about icetime. He needs it, he hasn't been getting in Russia, I'd rather see the Wings do what they can to take a bit more control of it.

And you're right about Nedomiel and Jensen. Maybe the Wings aren't as high on some of these guys as we and others are, but if they don't find a way to make some room, they're not going to have a choice in losing them.
He signed another one-year deal in Sweden the other day. While there's still an NHL out clause, Hakan and the gang have all but said he's staying another year too. Yeah, it's not really a big deal either way, he's a couple of years away no matter what.

With Marchenko, my impression is they want him over next season. The decision seems to be up to him.

joe89 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
  #623
Osgood As It Gets
23 Straight Years
 
Osgood As It Gets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,904
vCash: 493
Good updates from Backman and Marchenko :

Quote:
(Hakan) Andersson said that aside from Edmonton Oilers first-rounder Oscar Klefbom, he wouldn’t trade Backman for any defenseman in Sweden.
Quote:
According to Andersson, CSKA — one of the better teams in the KHL — tried to re-sign Marchenko but so far, he’s held firm on his plan to play in North America next season.

“I’m convinced he can be a very good defenseman for Grand Rapids next season and where he takes it from there, I don’t know,” Andersson said.
http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...wings-backman/

The Wings might have a steal in Backman it seems. I've kept and eye out on him, but never really studied him.

Osgood As It Gets is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
  #624
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 8,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
Good updates from Backman and Marchenko :





http://www.redwingscentral.com/2013/...wings-backman/

The Wings might have a steal in Backman it seems. I've kept and eye out on him, but never really studied him.
I've been a big fan. That's two recent articles from RWC on him so it's obvious he's pushing his way up the prospect rankings. It's good to read the Red Wings think Marchenko will come play in Grand Rapids next year. A defense that features Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko and possibly Jensen would be pretty bad-ass.

Harnessed in Slums is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:31 PM
  #625
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
I've been watching more of Bäckman and Järnkrok + some of Marchenko lately. Really like all of them, especially Bäckman who's one of my favorite DRW prospects. The news on Marchenko sounds really good, he seems determined to do anything it takes to make the NHL.

ChadS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.