HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Arnott fails physical; Deal with NYR off

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
  #376
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,973
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Again... Ur a good poster.

Line prop... W out arnott.

Every single one I've thought of or seen is better w him
I guess I'm not understanding your point. I don't care how the team looks on paper. I care what they do on the ice. And I don't see a huge difference between this team on the ice and how they look on paper with an injured and aging Arnott.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:49 AM
  #377
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
If Moore wants to get back to hockey he would be a very good addition. His faceoff ability alone would be enough for me to want him. Guy hasn't been below 54% since 2007-08 (where he was still above 50 at 51,2%).

It hasn't even been two months since his wife passed, so I'm guessing he's not ready to return yet.


Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 01-28-2013 at 10:20 AM.
SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:51 AM
  #378
Kane One
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 28,804
vCash: 1500
If we sign Moore, we'd have two players whose significant other passed away. Strange.

__________________
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:54 AM
  #379
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
ROR is in Russia He wants a BIG contract. No way fiscally.

Avs do not have him to a contract.
The Russian club terminated his contract. He's back in the states.

Anyone who doesn't think that adding Subban or ROR to this team would be a tremendous upgrade is kidding themselves. Subban has #1 defensemen upside and would be a major improvement for our PP. ROR is a future Selke winner who is about as ideal of a #2C as you'll find. The issue lies within the assets it would take to acquire them, and the contract terms to retain them. We simply can't afford a $5M contract on the books next summer unless we're shipping out a big contract in the process, or perhaps worse yet, shipping out a kid who is due for a big raise -- i.e. McDonagh, Stepan or Hagelin.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:05 AM
  #380
marciiauzii
Registered User
 
marciiauzii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
Why we should want Subban?
We have a great D! yes, we could use better 6th dman, but Subban is not a 6th dman. our top 4 is gold.

marciiauzii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
  #381
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
LOL failed physical. They probably said he had to be able to skate from one end of the rink to the other in less than 5 mins and couldn't do it.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:14 AM
  #382
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
There's no doubt Subban would be very good here or anywhere. But there's no way we can afford the assets or cap hit it would cost.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:15 AM
  #383
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,760
vCash: 500
ROR is a future Patrice Bergeron without the concussion problems. That kid is the real deal. I would focus on getting him over Subban but PK will be a star in this league without a doubt.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
  #384
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
ROR is a future Patrice Bergeron without the concussion problems. That kid is the real deal. I would focus on getting him over Subban but PK will be a star in this league without a doubt.
I don't think the Rangers can afford either of them, but yeah, I'd go for ROR over PK if I had to choose.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:28 AM
  #385
zelrio*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
You mentioned possible replacements that are whilom Rangers. How about Voros? obligatorysmileface

zelrio* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
  #386
district9
Registered User
 
district9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
There is ZERO chance PK Subban would become a ranger. I would change my avatar to anything of your choosing (within board rules) if he does.
Not so sure about "ZERO" chance. Wouldn't say it's likely but the Rangers are probably 3rd in the running for him.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:40 AM
  #387
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
I think it's pretty darn close to zero.

Subban won't accept a bridge deal in Montreal. So Sather is either going to trade for him to have him hold out, or suddenly change his tune and give him 5M per? After hardballing all of past homegrown Rangers? That is gonna make resigning Stepan, McD, and Hagelin a walk in the park - not even considering what adding another 5M+ deal to the books.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:44 AM
  #388
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
If we sign Moore, we'd have two players whose significant other passed away. Strange.
who is the other player?

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
  #389
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I think it's pretty darn close to zero.

Subban won't accept a bridge deal in Montreal. So Sather is either going to trade for him to have him hold out, or suddenly change his tune and give him 5M per? After hardballing all of past homegrown Rangers? That is gonna make resigning Stepan, McD, and Hagelin a walk in the park - not even considering what adding another 5M+ deal to the books.
Good points. Also worth noting is the strength of our defensive group. While we don't have a Subban clone on the blueline, it's a very good top-4. Having Staal, Del Zotto, Girardi, McDonagh AND Subban on the roster just isn't feasible.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:48 AM
  #390
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
who is the other player?
Pyatt

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
  #391
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Good points. Also worth noting is the strength of our defensive group. While we don't have a Subban clone on the blueline, it's a very good top-4. Having Staal, Del Zotto, Girardi, McDonagh AND Subban on the roster just isn't feasible.
Not to mention.... how can you trade for Subban give him $5 million per, and not take care of Mconagh/Staal/Stepan?

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
  #392
Sticky Fingers
NYR
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Russian club terminated his contract. He's back in the states.

Anyone who doesn't think that adding Subban or ROR to this team would be a tremendous upgrade is kidding themselves. Subban has #1 defensemen upside and would be a major improvement for our PP. ROR is a future Selke winner who is about as ideal of a #2C as you'll find. The issue lies within the assets it would take to acquire them, and the contract terms to retain them. We simply can't afford a $5M contract on the books next summer unless we're shipping out a big contract in the process, or perhaps worse yet, shipping out a kid who is due for a big raise -- i.e. McDonagh, Stepan or Hagelin.
Adding ROR makes Stepan expandable(tradeable) and if Subban was signed, Del Zotto/Girardi would be moved since having them playing 3rd pair wouldn't make sense skill/money wise. So most likely the money issue would be solved in the trades for any of those players and both of those players would be an upgrade.

How ever, it will most likely not happen since we lost too much assets when acquiring Nash, don't think NYR is up for giving that much more away.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
  #393
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Now Ferriero offers more than Jason Arnott? C'mon guys get it together.


Looks like it.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:00 AM
  #394
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Subban? No thanks. Total head ca$e.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  #395
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellohf View Post
Adding ROR makes Stepan expandable(tradeable) and if Subban was signed, Del Zotto/Girardi would be moved since having them playing 3rd pair wouldn't make sense skill/money wise. So most likely the money issue would be solved in the trades for any of those players and both of those players would be an upgrade.

How ever, it will most likely not happen since we lost too much assets when acquiring Nash, don't think NYR is up for giving that much more away.
I think ROR would be a good fit here. If the organization is unhappy with Stepan's progression -- which I thought I remembered reading something about -- I could see him going back in a deal for O'Reilly. He's not asking for outrageous money and the kid does everything an ideal #2C should do. Something like $3-4M for 3-4 years, or a bit more on a 5 year deal.

Subban is a great player, but he's trying to ride the Montreal Hype Train to Money Town. Defacto #1 d-man last year that can throw huge hits and score big goals, but his defensive coverage is still average at best. Certainly not a #1 guy, at least not yet.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
  #396
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
If Moore wants to get back to hockey he would be a very good addition. His faceoff ability alone would be enough for me to want him. Guy hasn't been below 54% since 2007-08 (where he was still above 50 at 51,2%).
What difference does it make if Torts never uses him? Halpern was supposed to help at faceoffs but is never out there for them.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:05 AM
  #397
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
We need depth pretty bad. Boyle is NOT a 3rd line center. He shouldn't be a center at all, considering he's not good at face-offs, and possesses zero creativity.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
  #398
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,831
vCash: 500
ROR would be a really nice addition. Make it happen!

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
  #399
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post


Looks like it.
Please, get off your high horse. You're really something else to claim that Ferriero is a better hockey player than Arnott. You said that before you had any idea about his physical health. Arnott will sign somewhere and he will still outproduce Ferriero.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
  #400
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor
 
SixGoalieSystem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trondheim
Posts: 2,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
What difference does it make if Torts never uses him? Halpern was supposed to help at faceoffs but is never out there for them.
Well, if Moore starts by losing eight of his first ten fo's I guess he won't be out there to take a lot of them them either. Halpern was supposed to help on faceoffs but he's sucked on them (small sample size, but still that is pretty bad).

Edit: A little better after the first game. Still only 8 for 23, though.


Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 01-28-2013 at 11:16 AM.
SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.