HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any way the Sharks trade Clowe?

Old
01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

vCash: 500
Burns is the only person in the Sharks organization who could really play a top-6 power forward role.

Clowe needs to go. So does Murray. Both are too slow to even be effectively physical. Stuart is tough. Burns is tough. They both can effectively be physical and tough because they are bigger and faster than most. There aren't that many power forwards left in the league because they aren't really needed, Lucic is one of the few good PWFs, along with Ovechkin.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Arrch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaClaraShark View Post
If Clowe continues to struggle and Setoguchi continues to struggle, can you guys see the being swapped for one another? Can we get Seto without losing Clowe? Can Cheechoo make a comeback? I would like to see a Seto, Gomez, and Cheechoo line. Imagine that.
No interest from Minnesota on Clowe; they would want a young top-4 defender like Demers or Braun.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
You could probably work out something with MTL around Eller with Pacioretty going out for a month+.

Not sure how San Jose's C depth is after Thornton and Pavelski though. I'm guessing not good if Gomez is the guy.
Marleau and Couture are centers as well

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:34 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
No interest from Minnesota on Clowe; they would want a young top-4 defender like Demers or Braun.
That is likely in the cards. How about I throw in Handzus and take Brodziak and Clutterbuck off the Wilds hands

Old
01-27-2013, 06:35 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post
Burns is the only person in the Sharks organization who could really play a top-6 power forward role.

Clowe needs to go. So does Murray. Both are too slow to even be effectively physical. Stuart is tough. Burns is tough. They both can effectively be physical and tough because they are bigger and faster than most. There aren't that many power forwards left in the league because they aren't really needed, Lucic is one of the few good PWFs, along with Ovechkin.
Clowe IS a power forward man...

Old
01-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

people on here exaggerate his bad plays every game. for whatever reason everything he does is amplified. it's just that he's the worst player in the top six so he'll always look a little worse comparatively. people seem to forget he's a brilliant playoff performer and along with boyle is probably one of a few guys on this team that plays with a serious mean streak.

he won't be traded imo.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks for Cup View Post

have you watched ovechkin lately?

edit: that sounds rude, i only wanted to say that he doesn't play the way he used to. he's not running defenders over anymore and usually just tries to dangle past the blue line and ends up losing the puck.

Last edited by Ninja Hertl: 01-27-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:29 AM
StalockSuperfan

To be honest, after today's game my opinion has changed a bit. I think we need him around.....

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:32 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
To be honest, after today's game my opinion has changed a bit. I think we need him around.....
Yeah man, without Clowe, who else is going to put us on 4 PK's singlehandedly?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah man, without Clowe, who else is going to put us on 4 PK's singlehandedly?
Eh. Its the 5th game of the year..he has one of these games every year. The Sharks do need his attitude and presence especially when Logan is a target for guys like Burrows etc etc.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:56 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Eh. Its the 5th game of the year..he has one of these games every year. The Sharks do need his attitude and presence especially when Logan is a target for guys like Burrows etc etc.
I honestly don't see it. They'll hit Couture, fight Clowe, and then people will hit Couture again when Clowe's in the box. A top-6 forward shouldn't be the one to fight the other team's goons.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:57 AM
Dwight Schrude

God I hope we don't ever trade Clowe. He's the only player that has stood up for a teammate when everyone was to chicken to..

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:00 AM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
God I hope we don't ever trade Clowe. He's the only player that has stood up for a teammate when everyone was to chicken to..
Desjardins fought Bieksa today. Murray fought Volpatti today. Burish was going to fight O'Byrne the other day but Stuart stopped him .

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I honestly don't see it. They'll hit Couture, fight Clowe, and then people will hit Couture again when Clowe's in the box. A top-6 forward shouldn't be the one to fight the other team's goons.
He fought another top 6 forward who stood up for his team too. I expected this kind of game between these teams.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:58 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
He fought another top 6 forward who stood up for his team too. I expected this kind of game between these teams.
While Kassian's not a scrub, he's not exactly a top-6 forward either. And besides that, Clowe has a long history of fighting 4th liners because they goad him into it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Dwight Schrude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Desjardins fought Bieksa today. Murray fought Volpatti today. Burish was going to fight O'Byrne the other day but Stuart stopped him .
Yes that's true. But I was going off of the fact that when we didn't have anyone. I forget which year it was but I specifically remember majority of people thought our team was 'soft' and had no balls to stick up for one another when they were getting pushed around by other teams enforcers. Clowe was one of the only ones showing toughness.

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:53 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
While Kassian's not a scrub, he's not exactly a top-6 forward either. And besides that, Clowe has a long history of fighting 4th liners because they goad him into it.
I can live with that if hes standing up for his teammates. The fight tonight was going to happen whether it was Volpatti, Weise, Kassian or Bieksa. I think everyone on this board would love to see him wreck Bieksa but that won't happen since Bieksa only goes after non-fighters. I get where you're coming from and he obviously went way over the edge tonight but you can't take that out of his game or he is less effective. He and Lucic are very similiar in that regard. Lucic is ineffective when he isn't playing with an edge..same as Clowe. This board may not want him on the team but he isn't going anywhere.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
Yes that's true. But I was going off of the fact that when we didn't have anyone. I forget which year it was but I specifically remember majority of people thought our team was 'soft' and had no balls to stick up for one another when they were getting pushed around by other teams enforcers. Clowe was one of the only ones showing toughness.
It was after Michalek was destroyed by Torres in the playoffs. They earned it for good reason..they did nothing in response. This team is closer to the teams that went to back to back conference finals. Last year
they had no cohesion or identity and just were bland.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
So far this season, Kassian is a top 6 forward. He's skating w/ the Sedin's (effectively I might add) and is 4th on Canucks in ESTOI among forwards.

I get what you're saying about Clowe but this was a good player to take off the ice for 5 minutes.

As for the rest of his melt down...well that's a different story.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:05 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
So far this season, Kassian is a top 6 forward. He's skating w/ the Sedin's (effectively I might add) and is 4th on Canucks in ESTOI among forwards.

I get what you're saying about Clowe but this was a good player to take off the ice for 5 minutes.

As for the rest of his melt down...well that's a different story.
The fight with Kassian did not bother me. That was fair.

The last penalty was unfairly called. But as a professional player he has to maintain his composure and not cost the team. If he had done this last year, he would have cost us atleast 2 PP goals yesterday.

As far as the other penalties on him, he was out of position and slow, which is why most people are looking to trading him. I myself am undecided. I am fairly certain that the team (especially Logan) rests easier knowing that Clowe has their back. While Murray is decent at fights, he is no Clowe. At the same time, he needs to start producing on the Ice too. He is a top-6 player after all.

01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
The fight with Kassian did not bother me. That was fair.

The last penalty was unfairly called. But as a professional player he has to maintain his composure and not cost the team. If he had done this last year, he would have cost us atleast 2 PP goals yesterday.

As far as the other penalties on him, he was out of position and slow, which is why most people are looking to trading him. I myself am undecided. I am fairly certain that the team (especially Logan) rests easier knowing that Clowe has their back. While Murray is decent at fights, he is no Clowe. At the same time, he needs to start producing on the Ice too. He is a top-6 player after all.

Clowe is looking more like the player he was last seaon then the one from the previous 3 years, I won't argue that. But I said this before, he opens up space for Couture and Havlat, teams still have a lot of respect for him on the ice. I also agree that the team likes having him, but he does need to be better.

There are a lot of good players on a lot of teams that have been bad so far this season. Seeing as the team is winning and Couture and Havlat are playing very well I'm willing to give Clowe some time. I also don't think there's any chance the Sharks would get what was needed if they were to move him (and I'm not at all interested in trading 'futures' or rostered d-men) so I don't think trading him is very likely, nor do I really think they should trade him.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:29 AM
do0glas

These are grown men, playing a contact sport. Im sure they love to spout the clowe narrative of how he sticks up for us, but he stop being a wuss. put the body on people and play the game.

Do I think clowe should be traded? probably not, he is at an all time low in value. I dont think GMs will overvalue him in this environment anymore. even then, the team is clicking and for whatever reason couture and havlat are doing a lot of damage on their own.

We are rolling four lines for the first time in a long time. clowe is one of my favorite players, but i am ready for him to step up and start playing a disciplined game. burrows was in the box once last night, yet he pissed our whole team off. it can be done.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
These are grown men, playing a contact sport. Im sure they love to spout the clowe narrative of how he sticks up for us, but he stop being a wuss. put the body on people and play the game.

Do I think clowe should be traded? probably not, he is at an all time low in value. I dont think GMs will overvalue him in this environment anymore. even then, the team is clicking and for whatever reason couture and havlat are doing a lot of damage on their own.

We are rolling four lines for the first time in a long time. clowe is one of my favorite players, but i am ready for him to step up and start playing a disciplined game. burrows was in the box once last night, yet he pissed our whole team off. it can be done.
actually burrows gave the sharks 2 power plays, tripping on braun, and roughing on thornton.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
Rickety Cricket

The fight with Kassian bothered me because it didn't seem necessary. The Sharks had a momentum and a 2-0 lead. There wasn't much to gain and a lot to lose with regards to momentum.

I don't mind him fighting in general, I just wish he picked his spots better.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Alaskanice

Clowe is a valuable member of this team. It seems that some here want to pigeon-hole him into some specific role. He is effective in so many ways. It has always amazed me the goals he tends to score, leaning in some strange way, yet getting the shot away.
In recent years (Since Couture arrived) Clowe has become his protector. Gretzky had his protectors as well. It's no secret that Clowe is Logan's bodyguard.
Someone earlier mentioned that Clowe does this once a season. He hasn't usually done this so early but as it is, he did it, hopefully he feels bad and starts to play his effective game.

Alaskanice is offline   Reply With Quote