HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nino seeking trade?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:39 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
It pisses me off that kids sports arent about winning. Kids need to be held accountable for thier actions on the field. If you miss a pop fly you need to get benched.

Kids and thier sense of self-worth, load of rubish.
LOL(this is sarcastic... right?).

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Someone posted that McKenzie gave an interview and supported the isles position in this Nino situation.

Now Ken Campbell writes about Nino and the need for teams to not quit rushing these youngsters.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-tea...0145--nhl.html
NHL teams wise to play cautious with prospects
By Ken Campbell | The Hockey News – 4 hours ago
NEW YORK – Exactly what a player such as Nino Niederreiter has done to merit making a trade demand is one of the great mysteries of this season. Not sure if anyone has bothered to check, but the kid has played 64 NHL games for the New York Islanders and has as many career goals as Martin Brodeur.

In any event, it’s heartening to see there are some organizations that have learned the lesson that rushing players into the NHL is potentially a recipe for disaster. In all the time I’ve covered this game, I have yet to encounter a single player whose career was ruined by being brought along slowly and methodically. On the other hand, the scrap heap is littered with players who were placed into situations they were not prepared to handle.
we know Nino was put in a bad situation last year but its hard to be on Nino's side when it comes to the whole "trade" demand....He will be a better player being the go to guy in Bport rather than playing on the 3rd line limited role in the NHL.. Garth doing the right thing imo by all our prospects this year....3-4 years ago Strome and Reinhart would have no doubt been on this team.....

Nino,Nelson,Donovan,Strome, and Reinhart are being handled the right way this year...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
we know Nino was put in a bad situation last year but its hrd to be on Nino's side whe nit comes to the whole "trade" demand....He will be a better player being the go to guy in Bport rather than playing on the 3rd line limited role in the NHL.. Garth doing the right thing imo by all our prospects this year....3-4 years ago Strome and Reinhart would have no doubt been on this team.....

Nino,Nelson,Donovan,Strome, and Reinhart are being handled the right way this year...
I'm gonna give Nino the benefit of the doubt with this one as long as it dies down and goes away. He's a 20 year old kid. His character and attitude had been considered a positive until this point. It's somewhat understandable for a young kid who desperately wants to be in the NHL to make a stupid decision(especially when he's probably being talked into doing it by someone he trusts... his agent).

I'm willing to slide this one under the rug as long as the "trade talks" disappear and he continues to play hard and eventually earn a shot with the team.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:44 PM
BillD

I'm not willing to give Nino the benefit of the doubt. Just like a spot in the Islanders roster, Nino will have to win the benefit of the doubt by shutting up, shutting his agent up, and playing hard, responding when his call up comes, and never bringing this up again

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:26 AM
NicoSB

I'm pretty sure Nino said something like he wouldn't be unhappy with a trade rather than he demanded a trade, you know, media and stuff.

However him being angry about not being invited to the camp is imho understandable. He has been among top 10 scorers in an AHL filled with NHL players. I find it a mistake that they didn't invite him to the camp, just can't understand that. Ofcourse he did have a bad last season but look at his line. Let him play fourth line will result in few goals, he didn't even reach the plural though.

NicoSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:04 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoSB View Post
I'm pretty sure Nino said something like he wouldn't be unhappy with a trade rather than he demanded a trade, you know, media and stuff.

However him being angry about not being invited to the camp is imho understandable. He has been among top 10 scorers in an AHL filled with NHL players. I find it a mistake that they didn't invite him to the camp, just can't understand that. Ofcourse he did have a bad last season but look at his line. Let him play fourth line will result in few goals, he didn't even reach the plural though.
Nino has to understand that the team values him highly and us Islander fans love him. Keeping him in the Ahl for one more season is the right move and no slight to him. Yes i agree he should have been invited to camp. Garth made people unhappy including myself but asking for a trade or even thinking about leaving NY because of it and other minor factors shows a little immaturity. I do believe the media twisted the entire thing. Nino is a very intelligent and respectful kid. I am so happy we drafted this kid. Nino was the highest drafted Swiss player ever. The draftniks said the team reached a little. Isnt that all you need to know. Brett Connolly of the Lightning is in the exact same situation and he was drafted in the same draft ahead of El Nino. Cory Conacher is an undersized UFA that took his spot.
Nino you have such a bright future on this team please have some patience. IF anybody should be impatient it is the NYI fanbase because we have been through losing for so long. Dont you want to be apart of the good times? Dont you want to be a star on Broadway? Nino will be a fulltime player next season and should be the first to be called if injury strikes. I would try and trade Reasoner and get rid of Finley and maybe Boulton to find a way to get him on the team this year.
The NYI need you and Strome and Reinhart etc.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Fan101

I can understand the organization wanting to ice a winning team in Bridgeport since winning spreads through the organization and minor league winning puts pressure on the big team vets, so Nino should realize he's a key Islander.

After the way the team positively responded last night in the second period, I like the veteran makeup of the team. By vets I also mean Moulson and Tavares who behaves like a vet. Let the team develop some around the vets just like they did in the 70's before they added Bossy as the 20 year old scoring rookie. Hopefully Capuano and the staff will keep this group focused and healthy. They should have no problem eating, sleeping and breathing hockey for a few months.

Fan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan101 View Post
I can understand the organization wanting to ice a winning team in Bridgeport since winning spreads through the organization and minor league winning puts pressure on the big team vets, so Nino should realize he's a key Islander.

After the way the team positively responded last night in the second period, I like the veteran makeup of the team. By vets I also mean Moulson and Tavares who behaves like a vet. Let the team develop some around the vets just like they did in the 70's before they added Bossy as the 20 year old scoring rookie. Hopefully Capuano and the staff will keep this group focused and healthy. They should have no problem eating, sleeping and breathing hockey for a few months.
You mean drinking hockey?

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:00 PM
StrongIslanders90

http://islanderspointblank.com/news/...er/#more-38649

"A source close to the situation has confirmed to Point Blank that Niederreiter, although feeling awkward about how this saga played out, stands 100 percent behind Rufener and his decision to request a trade. He knew the request was going to be made and agreed with it."

A Source can mean anything but if this is true, then Nino does not want to be here and imo does not buy in to the Isles plans for him....Its sad because I really thought Nino was a character kid....he is only 20 but this is a bit of a "Brat" thing to do.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:09 PM
InformTheMasses

Nino (like a lot of Sound Tigers) is sleep walking tonight. They trail 1-0 after first period, being outshot 16-10. Nino is invisible. (Kabanov is playing, Sundstrom still out of line-up). Nilsson looks good so far.

InformTheMasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:17 AM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Nino might have literally been the worst rookie in the NHL last year....and he's requesting a trade? Really? Keep him buried. Don't burn the only bridge you have Nino.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
pspot

leafs fan, we've been discussing Kessel and I keep suggesting him to the Islanders as an option and wondering what you guys would think of him.

Assuming you are sick of rebuilding what do you think of

Niederreiter, Martin, and 1st (1st overall protected)

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:01 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
leafs fan, we've been discussing Kessel and I keep suggesting him to the Islanders as an option and wondering what you guys would think of him.

Not even close. You cant have Martin.

We can sign Kessel for free when he is UFA, next year.

Last edited by Wanderson: 01-28-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:09 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Not even close. You cant have Martin.

We can sign Kessel for free when he is UFA, next year.
what about without Martin? Nied and 1st?

I know you 'could' sign him as an UFA but how often does that ever happen and then you'd be competing with 29 other teams

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:30 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
what about without Martin? Nied and 1st?

I know you 'could' sign him as an UFA but how often does that ever happen and then you'd be competing with 29 other teams
Yeah, which, if the Islanders give that up and can not re-sign Phil they would be right back to square one.

As pessimistic as I am about Nino at this point, I have to believe this situation will rectify it self either Islanders getting a NICE RETURN (for just Nino him self) or Nino getting the call up to the Islanders and the rest will be history.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:34 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

No thanks.

Kessel is making $5m+ now and will be looking for a raise in 1 and 1/2 seasons.
No interest in making Kessel, the NYI highest paid player.

I'm not sure if the Toronto press is accurate with the info, that he'll seek $7m-$8m in 2014, but that's a lot for a player who acts more like a complimentary scorer, then the franchise player his salary says he should be.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:38 AM
CREW99AW

I've read a rare Nino proposal that's fair for both teams

rt has suggested the following trade :Niederreiter and Nielsen for Torres and Yandle.

Another Coyote fan suggested the NYI add, but I pointed out that the isles don't need 40 games of Torres on the 3rd/4th lines.

So, would you guys favor a Niederreiter and Nielsen for Yandle trade?

Frans played during the lockout with Boedker and both looked great. Coyote fans are hoping that chemistry can carry over into the NHL, helping Boedker's development.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:01 AM
disles1

Quote:

So, would you guys favor a Niederreiter and Nielsen for Yandle trade?

Absolutely!! We need a real #1 dman. Yandle also has a great contract. Nino can become Bertuzzi or
Isbister?? Who knows?

And we don't have to give up a 2014 #1 pick?? I'm thrilled

disles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1 View Post
Absolutely!! We need a real #1 dman. Yandle also has a great contract. Nino can become Bertuzzi or
Isbister?? Who knows?

I'd rather give up the 1st and/or Nelson instead of Nino, TBH.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Me too but no way PHX trades their #1dman for just a 1st rd pick

Old
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1 View Post
Isbister?? Who knows?

I would think if the isles acquired Yandle, that we'd be seeing the last season that Streit's an Islander.

Yandle
Hamonic
MacDonald
????
Carkner
Hickey/Strait/De Haan/Donovan.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:14 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Staples said in his preseason chat, that the Isles LOVE Brock Nelson.
Yeah, he used caps to make his point.

Do you consider Nino's upside, to be really that much higher then Nelson's?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:20 AM
disles1

Quote:
I would think if the isles acquired Yandle, that we'd be seeing the last season that Streit's an Islander.

Yandle
Hamonic
MacDonald
????
Carkner
I think this is Streit's last season as a Islander with or without Yandle

The ??? is Reinhart BTW.....

Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:

Yandle
Hamonic
MacDonald
????
Carkner
That wouldnt bother me in the least....26 year old Yandle entering his prime to replace 35 year old Striet....Also means Johnny can finally become the captain.

But we have been talking Yandle for awhile...

Old
01-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Strummergas

Quote:
But Nelson hasn't asked out of the organization...

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote