HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) III

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

vCash: 500
No, we have Schultz who is looking better and better with every game and i'd rather have him then PK at the price of Taylor Hall.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
chjucan

Oilers will continue to suck until they get a decent defense. Otherwise, you can still continue to pray for high draft picks...

Last edited by chjucan: 01-28-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Once again Edmonton doesn't need Subban and it's not enough to get Hall. A joke to think Edmonton would have to a 2nd.
How can you seriously say that the Oilers don't need a top pairing defender, I do agree that the Habs need to add and not Edmonton but still to say that Subban isn't needed in Edmonton is laughable.

A better and realistic offer would be

Subban and Eller for Taylor Hall

Old
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
To EDM : Subban, 1st 2013, Leblanc

To MTL : Hall
No way. We're not dealing with the Oilers and they don't need Subban like they have said plenty of times!

Old
01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Walter Kovacs
McJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
How can you seriously say that the Oilers don't need a top pairing defender, I do agree that the Habs need to add and not Edmonton but still to say that Subban isn't needed in Edmonton is laughable.

I am starting to believe that we have one in Schultz, only 4 games in though but i'd rather see if he can fill that role rather than give up Hall for Subban.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:54 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athlétique_Canadien View Post
Bergevin has moved to a 3 year offer, that's confirmed. We don't know if he's moved to a 4 year offer but I suspect he has given what Bob McKenzie said; that is, they are 2 years & 2 million per year apart. It's likely Subban is looking at 5 or 6 years. Five or 6 minus 2 (what they're apart by) equals 3 or 4 years. So, it's likely Bergevin is in the 4 year ballpark at the moment. As for the amount per year, that's anyones guess.
A four year deal is the worst possible scenario. After 3 he is still a restricted free agent. After 4 he is ufa.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:55 AM
junyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Okay bud, call me in 2 years when your team is "not blown up".

Early 30s is good for a team this weak? In 2 years that's 32 and Gionta will be gone. The players that actually do something are all pushing the age limit.

Your team is not dumb, they are offering 2 years to Subban to rebuild the team. It's really the only conclusion you can come to. They signed Price long term, why not sign Subban long term?

He already said he wants to be there, why not let him?
OMFG. You clearly have no clue about the Habs. If the Habs didn't re-sign ANY of the their current 30+ yr old players in 2 years, they would really only lose Kaberle, Markov, Pleks, Cole and Gionta. That would hardly be a blow up, and would probably not be the case. It's not like any of those guys is 37.

They signed Price long term deal AFTER he didn't a bridge contract...like they did with Max Pac, like they do with everyone. THATS the reason why they are offering a short term deal to Subban.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post

Hall is a leader, were Subban has a questionable attitude, and any team would question if you would want him in your locker room. The way J.Schultz is shaping up, there is no need for Subban. Also the Oilers have a couple of nice prospects that could be ready next year in Klefbom and Musil. What is laughable is your knowledge of the Oilers and their needs.

Old
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian View Post
I am starting to believe that we have one in Schultz, only 4 games in though but i'd rather see if he can fill that role rather than give up Hall for Subban.
Well, you better pray he gets good on defense. As Mike Green showed, having a high powered offense with an elite defenseman is not exactly the formula for winning. The Oilers will be able to score plenty goals with the forwards they got. They should worry about a goalie who can stop pucks and a dman that can stop rushes.

Old
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
To EDM : Subban, 1st 2013, Leblanc

To MTL : Hall
Habs get absolutely screwed over in that deal.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
MrBigglesworth

Oilers signed Hall into 2020 and gave him an A, so that they could turn around and trade him 4 games into the season for a hold-out with an attitude. That seems plausible.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Exactly, anywhere else, it wouldn't made the news.
Do you seriously think that if Dougie Hamilton got in a scrum with Patrice Bergeron during practice we wouldn't hear about it? I can assure you a reporter would tweet it so fast you'd know about it within minutes. It certainly wouldn't make it to ESPN, and that's the big difference between Montreal/Toronto and everywhere else because it becomes news on RDS and TSN. But the hockey world would still know about it.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
chjucan

Quote:
Hall is a leader, were Subban has a questionable attitude, and any team would question if you would want him in your locker room. The way J.Schultz is shaping up, there is no need for Subban. Also the Oilers have a couple of nice prospects that could be ready next year in Klefbom and Musil. What is laughable is your knowledge of the Oilers and their needs.
Because everybody knows you need only one good (rookie) defenseman and some marginal prospects to be a Stanley cup contender...

Old
01-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Do you seriously think that if Dougie Hamilton got in a scrum with Patrice Bergeron during practice we wouldn't hear about it? I can assure you a reporter would tweet it so fast you'd know about it within minutes. It certainly wouldn't make it to ESPN, and that's the big difference between Montreal/Toronto and everywhere else because it becomes news on RDS and TSN. But the hockey world would still know about it.
Chances are it happened before. Do you seriously think it never got heated in a Bruins' practice to the point where two players got in a scrum? In fact, do you honestly think it never happened to the other 29 teams in the past few years? Very unlikely it never did.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:17 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
The Oilers have no need for a Subban and his baggage at the expense of losing Hall. They have a good group of younger, character guys. Not sure about Yakupov yet but the others are all about the team. Subban has some growing up to do. Schultz has been great. Bad fit all the way around.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chjucan View Post
To Montreal:
Taylor Hall
2nd 2013

To Edmonton:
Pernell-Karl Subban
4th 2013
Take out Hall and the Habs think about it.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
The Oilers have no need for a Subban and his baggage at the expense of losing Hall. They have a good group of younger, character guys. Not sure about Yakupov yet but the others are all about the team. Subban has some growing up to do. Schultz has been great. Bad fit all the way around.
I see everybody likes to use this word baggage when it comes to subban. If some one wants to tell me what his baggage is then, because I have no clue what it is.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
Ya thats right, we did hear about Seguin and his attitude problems, sleeping in for practice in Winnipeg.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:32 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by chjucan View Post
Because everybody knows you need only one good (rookie) defenseman and some marginal prospects to be a Stanley cup contender...
Klefbom is marginal.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
A four year deal is the worst possible scenario. After 3 he is still a restricted free agent. After 4 he is ufa.
bergevin won't give PK a four year deal for sure. Two or Three is expected. Will PK accept ?

That's another story.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
I see everybody likes to use this word baggage when it comes to subban. If some one wants to tell me what his baggage is then, because I have no clue what it is.
His baggage means: being a hotdog with a big mouth, not respecting the veteran players, not always listening to his coaches; looking cute in front of media and being a pest in his own locker room. Call it selfish. Not the ideal teamate.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Pointteen

I think what us Oiler fans mean is that we don't necessarily need PK. We definitely need a top pairing defender. But PK would be too expensive. Edmonton would be better off trying Free Agency or targeting a more veteran defender.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
He speaks of himself in the third person....
He has no respect for older players in the room....
He has taken to the media in a contract dispute....
He has a habit of putting himself above his team....

All maturity issues and all things that can easily be fixed with experience and wanting to.

The Oilers dont need any toxic heads in their room.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
His baggage means: being a hotdog with a big mouth, not respecting the veteran players, not always listening to his coaches; looking cute in front of media and being a pest in his own locker room. Call it selfish. Not the ideal teamate.
Ive been watching him since his days in bellville and the only thing that is accurate is a hotdog with a big mouth but he backs it up unlike many others players who have big mouths. The other points you made are either completely wrong or blown out of proportion by the national media and montreal media.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
He speaks of himself in the third person....
He has no respect for older players in the room....
He has taken to the media in a contract dispute....
He has a habit of putting himself above his team....

All maturity issues and all things that can easily be fixed with experience and wanting to.

The Oilers dont need any toxic heads in their room.
1.What?

2.In the room? Do you mean he has no respect for the veterans of the teams? That's completely false.

3.He hasn't taken to the media. He wasn't signed, of course everybody would know.

4.That's completely false. Subban is a team player. Not a puck hog.

Any more baseless assumptions or are you done?

Closed Thread