HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who will be sellers?

Old
01-28-2013, 08:21 AM
OLUSAF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
Toronto.

C Tyler Bozak (UFA) - 2nd round pick
W Clarke MacArthur (UFA) - 2nd round pick
C Tim Connolly (UFA) - 3rd round pick (Leafs take on $2M)
C David Steckel (UFA) - 5th round pick

D Cody Franson (RFA) - 2nd round pick

W Nikolai Kulemin - 1st round pick
D Mike Komisarek - 3rd round pick (Leafs take on $1.5M)
Leafs already withheld salary with Lombardi. They can only hold back salary on one more player until Lombardis contract is off the books.

I agree with most if the values though except Connolly I don't think he's going anywhere.

OLUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:01 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
If anything the Isles will be buyers regardless of where they are in the standings. We have cap space to burn and we need legitimate talent, cap teams who will be missing the playoffs will look to shed high cap players for next year to get under the cap.
Those are off-season deals. You'll overpay with deadline prices.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
416Leafer

Toronto better be.

IMO the next 12 months for the Leafs will likely have the biggest impact on the clubs future since the Kessel trade. There are just such divergent courses the Leafs could take.

Aka there are rumours the Leafs are connected to a Luongo deal, but also more and more rumblings that they should trade Kessel and do a quick mini-rebuild of tanking for one season, selling assets, then building around Rielly + top pick this year + returns from Kessel deal. You can't get much more different than those two possibilities.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:08 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Who do they have on the block then, I only see Mac, Franson and Steckel, not going to get much for them.
MacArthur, Franson, Steckel, Liles, Gunnarson, Bozak, Brown, Komisarik and even Grabovski if the price is right.

They will stick with youth and a few top guys like Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf, Gardiner, JVR, Kadri, Frattin, Kulemin, Rielly and their first (probably the most untouchable of all) will likely not be available.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Those are off-season deals. You'll overpay with deadline prices.
You're right. Staples said in a recent chat, that the NYI don't want to drag the Vis contract into next season because they expect plenty of players to be available this summer, between teams getting under the cap, buyouts and ufas.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 AM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
The Oilers could be sellers.
Not much to sell. Maybe Hemsky. Doubt Gagne gets anyone excited enough to part with anything significant.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:17 AM
TheMobGoesWild

I doubt Detroit is a seller because I don't think that word is in Ken Holland's vocabulary.

TheMobGoesWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:20 AM
OLUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
MacArthur, Franson, Steckel, Liles, Gunnarson, Bozak, Brown, Komisarik and even Grabovski if the price is right.

They will stick with youth and a few top guys like Kessel, Lupul, Phaneuf, Gardiner, JVR, Kadri, Frattin, Kulemin, Rielly and their first (probably the most untouchable of all) will likely not be available.
I would include Kulemin in the available list based on the return he would fetch. If Grabo and Gunnerson hit the market Kulemin would be shopped as well.

TBH I see them all ending the year in Toronto.

OLUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLUSAF View Post
I would include Kulemin in the available list based on the return he would fetch. If Grabo and Gunnerson hit the market Kulemin would be shopped as well.

TBH I see them all ending the year in Toronto.
I'd be surprised if those guys got traded. There's a difference between being sellers (selling Bozak, Steckel, MacArthur who are all pending UFAs and then maybe one signed roster player) vs completely gutting the NHL team and moving 2-3+ guys who are signed beyond this season (or at least are RFAs).

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Zip15

I'd put Buffalo in there. If last season is any indication, they'll move impending UFAs they don't intend to re-sign, regardless of where they sit in the standings. Regehr has lost two steps since the trade with Calgary, and I think they'll put him in play at the deadline, where his value will go up because of the type of game he plays. Leopold is a more interesting question, because Ruff loves him. If they don't re-sign him by late-February, I think he'll be on the move, as well.

Price for both is at least a 2nd (and possible 3rd, as well, based on the Oduya trade).

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Never know, somebody might offer a 3rd or something for him.
If Huskins continues to play well as he has, he will grab a 3rd round pick. Defenseman always do. He's been surprisingly good.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett View Post
The usual suspects: cal, phx, la, clb, car, chi, and maybe just maybe detroit this year but we will see, they always seem to have some majik up their sleeves...
please please don't be a Canucks fan, damn just noticed his avatar

JayBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
from Florida:

Weiss (nm. would probably take at least a 1st in '13, that could do it)
Mueller
Kovalev
Bergenheim (potentially)
Upshall (nm)
Kopecky
Matthias
Smithson
Parros
Santorelli
Skille

Jovanovski (35+)
Weaver
Ellerby

pretty much everyone except fleischmann, versteeg, huberdeau, goc, campbell, gudbranson, kulikov (could be had but would take a lot, at the deadline i doubt teams would do it), along with bjugstad, and markstrom obviously. anyone else could potentially be had for the right price.
Why Matthias? You're not going to get much for him anyway and he works hard every night, is a good forechecker who can chip in a goal here and there. I wouldn't trade him unless we get overpayment.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
If anything the Isles will be buyers regardless of where they are in the standings. We have cap space to burn and we need legitimate talent, cap teams who will be missing the playoffs will look to shed high cap players for next year to get under the cap.
Agreed, I think the NYI are very close and will be looking to add. they will be close enough to a playoff spot or in one that they take a shot.

doorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Agreed, I think the NYI are very close and will be looking to add. they will be close enough to a playoff spot or in one that they take a shot.
Not sure that they'll be adding this year yet. I can see them move Visnovsky in the next week to a team like Detroit for a prospect or something though.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Wow this is laughable. We just won the Cup and we need to rebuild? And 27 year old Mike Richards and 26 year old Trevor Lewis need to be dealt for 30 year old Ebbett and 22 year old Conaughton?

In simplest terms, get lost.
its a joke relax.

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-28-2013 at 01:25 PM. Reason: qmep
Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:23 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Why Matthias? You're not going to get much for him anyway and he works hard every night, is a good forechecker who can chip in a goal here and there. I wouldn't trade him unless we get overpayment.
I think he'll go only as a 2nd or 3rd piece to a bigger deal. No rush to see him moved though. Like his speed and hustle.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote