Notices

Wait list - Feb tickets

Old
01-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Roooski

vCash: 500
Wait list - Feb tickets

Anyone have any luck with pairs?

I was able to get into every game but only singles left for all. Too bad that the special access is so buggy and you have a better chance at grabbing pairs by purchasing randomly on ticketmaster.

Roooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post

I was able to get into every game but only singles left for all. Too bad that the special access is so buggy and you have a better chance at grabbing pairs by purchasing randomly on ticketmaster.
I tried too, it was super buggy. The email said we could purchase four tickets, and every time I found four tickets together (only the FLA and NJ games) near the rafters, I got an error message saying it could not process my order. I could have got crappy pairs for Florida and New Jersey but I hate watching those teams so I didn't get anything, the pairs all sold out within a few minutes for both.

My first attempt was Philadelphia, couldn't get four tickets and by the time it was done giving me the error messages all the pairs were gone.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:46 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 574
Did they change it this month to just use that code? I don't think they used that for the January games.

You guys should keep checking throughout the day. I remember last season there was a block that had Oilers, Leafs and Bruins released. I logged in right away and got a pair for the Oil and there was virtually nothing left for the Leafs and Bruines. I checked later that afternoon and there were pairs available to both,

Last edited by cheswick: 01-28-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: month--> season
cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooski View Post

I was able to grab two pairs, NJD and FLD. Personally i just want to go to games, so i purposefully started on the two teams i figured least likely to sell out and viola, success.

Obviously, boston, philly, or pittsburg would've been nice, but if igured those three would be SO popular that if i just didn't bother i'd be garaunteed to get pairs to the other two.

now i do have one question, Any waitlist member bought tickets before? do they show up in your My jets account? I was hoping they would so i could use the email transfer. I had contacted a rep and they had said yes, but i'm beginning to think they misunderstood my question....

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
s1g

I struck out. I had tickets to the Florida game, but when I tried to check out, I kept getting an error message.

I always go to Best Seat available. However, when I kept getting the message saying there were no tickets left, I tried the seat map. When I was given the interactive seat map, my password (aka my Account ID) kept getting refused. When I switched it back to Best Seat available, it would get accepted. Wtf?

It was pretty glitchy today. Oh well. I can always try again on Game days. I already got to go to the Penguins game on Friday, so I'm pretty thankful already.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
dhfromkw

I managed to snag a pair for Florida, after trying unsuccessfully for the Maple Leafs game.

I don't really want to go to the Florida game, I just didn't want to get completely shut out. So I'll be trying as well on game day once the Last Minute e-mail comes out, which I find to work really well if you have your act together and you're ready.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
BigZ65

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Did they change it this month to just use that code? I don't think they used that for the January games.

You guys should keep checking throughout the day. I remember last month there was a block that had Oilers, Leafs and Bruins released. I logged in right away and got a pair for the Oil and there was virtually nothing left for the Leafs and Bruines. I checked later that afternoon and there were pairs available to both,
...We don't play the Oilers this season.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
I haven't been getting the emails for the monthly pre-sale or the game-day tickets. Did they change the email it's sent from? I had it forwarding so that might have screwed it up if it did.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
very good point.... ches....who were you buying tickets for again?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:54 AM
dhfromkw

Cheswick probably meant last season.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Qorvus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
I was able to grab two pairs, NJD and FLD. Personally i just want to go to games, so i purposefully started on the two teams i figured least likely to sell out and viola, success.

Obviously, boston, philly, or pittsburg would've been nice, but if igured those three would be SO popular that if i just didn't bother i'd be garaunteed to get pairs to the other two.
Exactly, pick your battles. I managed to snag a pair for Florida. There were many seats together (8 in a row in some places) still available shortly after 10am.

Qorvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qorvus View Post
Exactly, pick your battles. I managed to snag a pair for Florida. There were many seats together (8 in a row in some places) still available shortly after 10am.
I just went best available. they aren't great seats, all in 330 but like i said, I just want to be in the building.

and the 50-60 bucks i save by not getting "nicer" seats means 50-60 bucks for beer! or in other words, 5 beers!

Old
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
hurricanedave

I would imagine a lot of the random draw winners take the big name teams before waiting list becomes available. Not sure how many random draw winners there are a month, but if they all focus on a couple games then it could fill them up.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:33 PM
flyingjay

vCash: 1500
I got a pair for the Leafs game this morning. Was hoping to get a pair to another big name team...but no dice. I'm happy with my results.

I also did the "Best Available" option (as opposed to picking a pair manually).

flyingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:55 PM
PerryPooley

Maybe someone here can help me with this: just like last year, I registered for the random draw last week. Last year, I never won but was emailed with a link to buy leftover tickets (single seats) for a bunch of upcoming games. This year, the random draw process seemed different, and I found that it didn't seem totally clear that the site had in fact registered me. I emailed the Jets, and they confirmed that I was indeed registered. However, I have not received any emails to let me know whether or not I could buy individual tickets soon. Have others been contacted, or is it too early for any of this to have taken place yet?

PerryPooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryPooley View Post
Maybe someone here can help me with this: just like last year, I registered for the random draw last week. Last year, I never won but was emailed with a link to buy leftover tickets (single seats) for a bunch of upcoming games. This year, the random draw process seemed different, and I found that it didn't seem totally clear that the site had in fact registered me. I emailed the Jets, and they confirmed that I was indeed registered. However, I have not received any emails to let me know whether or not I could buy individual tickets soon. Have others been contacted, or is it too early for any of this to have taken place yet?
the draws taken place. As far as i know, you will not receive a single ticket purchase notice until Wednesday, as today and tomorrow are waitlist member days.

if you are a waitlist member you should have received an email on sunday saying tickets would go on sale at 10 am today.

so the order goes

Random draw (not sure how many days in advance)

Waitlist members ( generally 2-3 days before start of month)

Singles/left overs (2 days after waitlist)

Game day tickets (quite a few actually are released the day of the game).

Old
01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
I meant last year rather than last month.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

Stupid thing glitched out on me. Nothing left for Pittsburgh again. Got two tickets in the queue for Florida, then it choked and I lost them and they were gone. Didn't want singles. If I want singles I'll buy them on game day.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Sir Erdinger

I was about to click 4 seats together for the Devils game at about 10:00:20 and then the stupid map vanished and I had to use the search for tickets and could only search for 2 at a time. Not complaining becaue I know many would love to have a pair. But so close to getting my wait list buddies to a game all together!

Sir Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
So my guess is there will be none available for general sale then.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
So my guess is there will be none available for general sale then.
not true, they're almost always tickets released day of for general sale.

I believe this is because they "hold" a sizeable chunk of tickets for team staff/players/etc to use, but they usually aren't all used.

10 am game day and 3 pm gameday is usually when these small batche show up (and i've often even seen side by sides)

Old
01-29-2013, 09:46 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:

I believe this is because they "hold" a sizeable chunk of tickets for team staff/players/etc to use, but they usually aren't all used.

10 am game day and 3 pm gameday is usually when these small batche show up (and i've often even seen side by sides)
and iirc part of the new CBA is greater access of tickets to players, so we may see even more day of ticekts on sale than last season

Old
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
MrGrinch

Quote:
This.

I pulled two beautiful Section 105, Row 1 tickets right beside the penalty box to the Pittsburgh game last Friday at about 3:45pm... about 3 hours before puck drop. They obviously wait until the last second to release these. Probably in part waiting to confirm whether the ticket will be used (ie - by the players family, etc). Or in part to discourage scalping (ie - would be harder to re-sell a ticket on such short notice). Just my own speculation...

MrGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:32 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrinch View Post
This.

I pulled two beautiful Section 105, Row 1 tickets right beside the penalty box to the Pittsburgh game last Friday at about 3:45pm... about 3 hours before puck drop. They obviously wait until the last second to release these. Probably in part waiting to confirm whether the ticket will be used (ie - by the players family, etc). Or in part to discourage scalping (ie - would be harder to re-sell a ticket on such short notice). Just my own speculation...
Sadly, my wallet does not allow me to get a $180 a seat ticket

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
dhfromkw

More pairs for the Panthers up now.