HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

2nd line winger to NYR (Hemsky, Cammalleri, Clowe)

Old
01-27-2013, 02:18 PM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Kreider was off the table for Nash. There is no way he will be traded for Clow, Camm, etc. He is off the table and is nearly untouchable because of his contract and potential.

He's had bone chips in his ankle and hasn't been at full strength yet. I love how he as 2 bad games and people write him off. The kid will be beyond fine and like hagelin last year, will likely be integral to this team down the stretch.

We don't need any 2nd liners, we are fine, just need to find the chemistry that got us where we were last year.

Is the op a rangers fan?

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
cwgatti

Kreider is in a rut. The NYR have depth issues. They started addressing that with Arnott. Either hags or kreider have to step here.

cwgatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

vCash: 50
I'd take that Calgary deal in a heartbeat.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:56 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Well, I did not watch the Rangers games except for the ones against the Pens, but is Pyatt really that much of a problem? Score sheet reading would suggestm otherwise.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Rangers are a top contender this year and next, they could use a seasoned vet in their secondary scoring.
That's the kind of thinking that hurt the rangers pre 2005.

Rather keep the kid and let him develop than trade him for a quick fix.

Pass on trading Kreider for a marginal 2nd line wingers.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Devilish Predator

Why is it that the Rangers are always looking for someone new to gain to their team, yet I thought Rick Nash was the "final piece", as stated by almost every Ranger fan I know and NHL analysts...?' Excluding obvious lower depth players that every team in the NHL can surely gain, but everything is always about 2nd line or higher...

And the only deal I see there as being a little absurd is SJ trading Clowe, I wouldn't see this happening, especially not right now with the way they are playing. Maybe if they begin to drop off the face of the Western Conference, and even then it would only happen if SJ really sees something they absolutely love in Kreider. That and he would have to step up his play quite a bit from what it is at this moment, injured or not.

Otherwise, the other deals I wouldn't be able to comment on

Devilish Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
Why is it that the Rangers are always looking for someone new to gain to their team
We're not. The OP is not a Ranger fan.

01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
If they are giving up Kreider +, I imagine they'll go after Iginla/Perry for a rental, rather than Clowe or Camms.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:11 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Rangers are a top contender this year and next, they could use a seasoned vet in their secondary scoring.
Was Kreider not one of the best playoff forwards last year?

WJC Gold, two NCAA Titles, the Kid's a proven winner. For a 3rd liner, I don't mind a healthy Kreider who could also quite possibly be the fastest player in the NHL.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
If they are giving up Kreider +, I imagine they'll go after Iginla/Perry for a rental, rather than Clowe or Camms.
I'd be stunned if Kreider went anywhere for a rental. The hype train last year propelled him far too high, but just because he's had a rough start doesn't mean he's deadline bait.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Roof Daddy

As an Oil fan, I'd part with Hemsky for McIlrath and a 2nd, with us absorbing the max amount of Hemmer's contract (can't remember how those rules apply, is it a third of his salary? Would mean his hit would be 3.33 if true).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
As an Oil fan, I'd part with Hemsky for McIlrath and a 2nd, with us absorbing the max amount of Hemmer's contract (can't remember how those rules apply, is it a third of his salary? Would mean his hit would be 3.33 if true).
Pass. McIlrath is the type of player who is worth far more to us in terms of potential than we'd get in trade.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:34 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Wasn't too impressed with McIlrath when I saw him play last year. Don't like the sound of his knee problems, would rather pass. Do the Oilers really need another prospect D or should they look for players that they are of need of.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:38 PM
TheMobGoesWild

Kreider is off limits. The organization values him too much. As another poster mentioned, there is no way he is being traded for the options presented if he wasn't available for Nash.

TheMobGoesWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Pass. McIlrath is the type of player who is worth far more to us in terms of potential than we'd get in trade.
That and I can't see Hemsky fitting in well with Torts.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Wasn't too impressed with McIlrath when I saw him play last year. Don't like the sound of his knee problems, would rather pass. Do the Oilers really need another prospect D or should they look for players that they are of need of.
Except the Oil don't have a D prospect like him. There's no guarantee he ever becomes more than a bottom pair guy, but with his size and toughness he is a guaranteed NHL regular.

As for the Rags not wanting to move him, I get that. He's not dynamic in anyway, but still a rarer prospect than most give him credit for.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Callahan and Stepan are fine but Pyatt isnt 2nd line material and rangers could use some more secondary scoring

Some possible good fits

R. Bourque
Cammalleri
Hemsky
Clowe

Cammalleri for Sauer and krieder
Or
Bourque for Rupp and 2nd
Or
hemsky for Sauer,1st and asham
Or
clowe for Krieder
I'd do that in a heartbeat. I like Kreider. I don't think he'll ever be the 40 goal ppg player Rag fans were envisioning him to be, but I think he's a good defensive player, with good size and great speed. He could be the wing version on Martin Hanzal with a bit more offensive upside. I'd trade Cammy for him straight up, or even throw in a 4th rounder or depth defenseman. The one place the Flames have lots of depth is the wing.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:25 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I'd do that in a heartbeat. I like Kreider. I don't think he'll ever be the 40 goal ppg player Rag fans were envisioning him to be, but I think he's a good defensive player, with good size and great speed. He could be the wing version on Martin Hanzal with a bit more offensive upside. I'd trade Cammy for him straight up, or even throw in a 4th rounder or depth defenseman. The one place the Flames have lots of depth is the wing.
Don't know of to many Rangers fans envisoning 40 goals PPG player from Kreider.

I for one see him topping out at 25/25 with size and speed.

Would not trade him straight up for Cammy.

I like Cammalleri. But that contract is sooo hurtful. 6 million guaranteed for a guy that has missed 15+ games per for three straight seasons while averaging 46 points a year.

pass.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Don't know of to many Rangers fans envisoning 40 goals PPG player from Kreider.

I for one see him topping out at 25/25 with size and speed.

Would not trade him straight up for Cammy.

I like Cammalleri. But that contract is sooo hurtful. 6 million guaranteed for a guy that has missed 15+ games per for three straight seasons while averaging 46 points a year.

pass.
I heard lots of guys talking ppg and potential 40 goals throughout the summer. I agree with you on Cammalleri. I think he's somewhat overrated and definitely overpaid. That said, he is a pure sniper. One of the best shots and quickest releases in the game. In the right situation with a pass first guy like Stepan, he could thrive.

If I were the Rags though, I wouldn't move Kreider for Cammy. I would move Kreider for Glencross or Iginla though, but Glencross would never waive. I think you're assessment on Kreider is correct. 2nd line offense in the future with good shutdown and PK abilities.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Mrb1p

Cole+3rd for Kreider DO DA DEAL.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Cole+3rd for Kreider DO DA DEAL.
Counter offer:

Pyatt + 2nd for Pacioretty.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:30 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Taylor Pyatt is a beast.

Stepan and Callahan have been the problem on the 2nd line.
Pyatt a beast who's played well so far.
Cally ok, its early.

Not pleased with Step to date.

Despite their misusing a prized asset combined with him being injured, Kreider will be fine.

He made me look good last year's playoffs, and once he returns and the team is back in form and there's a spot, he'll make me look good again.

Last edited by bernmeister: 01-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.
bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:10 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
No way. The only way we should move Hemmer is if its for a power forward. Not another defense prospect.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:39 AM
biturbo19

Have Rangers fans fallen out of love with Kreider enough that they'd consider something around he and David Booth when he's healthy?

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:56 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
What ever happened to that Carl Hagelin guy? Wasn't he playing in the top 6 for a while?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote