HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mattias Tedenby

Old
01-28-2013, 10:26 AM
NHL Fanatik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
You don't have to watch a full season of Tedenby to understand his flaws. I've seen enough of him to know that he's soft, weak and ineffective as a result thereof. Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to dissect his game.
If you're basing your comments on a player after the one, possibly few games you've seen, then you're just ignorant. Pretty sure players don't come into the NHL with everything they need to succeed... And if they do, that is the reason they are usually top 5 picks... and even then they are not done improving.

And it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see how stupid your comment was. But it does take someone who knows and watched enough of the man to understand what he can possibly be. And that is neither you or myself, I am just here to call you out on your idiotic comment.

As for Tedenby, he would be best served in a package, unless someone would want to do a swap, but I can't think of anyone in particular. He isn't bad, he just doesn't fit the system in NJ. And he does need improvement, albeit he is young.

NHL Fanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Devils send Tedenby to Albany

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:17 PM
uncleben85
My face is my mask.

I can see a big, young team giving him a chance. Winnipeg would probably be a good fit. Possibly Colorado?

uncleben85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:45 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 983
He has NHL caliber speed and hands. Too bad he has ECHL caliber hockey IQ and midget AA strength. Would have to really improve in those areas to make an NHL career for himself. I see him going back to Sweden where he has plenty more ice to work with and it's much less physical.

The Marty St. Louis comparisons from Devils fans post-draft are quite humorous in retrospect. On the hockey IQ scale, St. Louis is Einstein and Tedenby is Charles Barkley.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:06 PM
xdl1

He has no value at this point. He's a career underachiever, to the point he cannot hold a spot in the NHL on any line. He is a turnover machine on offense, and has the IQ of a gym sock on the defensive side.

He has unbelievable puck skills, but unfortunately nothing else. This is a throw-in for an already happening trade.

xdl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:28 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Hes trying so hard, Lamoriello said. Hes doing everything asked of him, but hes trying so hard. He skates so fast. Hes just got to settle down a little and go to Albany and have some success and get his game under control because hes certainly a prospect. Hes still young. .. Teddy just has to keep the game simple, make the easy play, keep it simple. He wants to do well.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f..._with_matteau/

Sounds like Lou wants to give him every possible chance he can.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Mattias Tedenby for Aaron Palushaj? :O
I would be down for something like that. Although from watching the Canadiens last night, I don't think Tedenby would fare well in that system.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
He has NHL caliber speed and hands. Too bad he has ECHL caliber hockey IQ and midget AA strength. Would have to really improve in those areas to make an NHL career for himself. I see him going back to Sweden where he has plenty more ice to work with and it's much less physical.

The Marty St. Louis comparisons from Devils fans post-draft are quite humorous in retrospect. On the hockey IQ scale, St. Louis is Einstein and Tedenby is Charles Barkley.
I think the St. Louis comparisons are asinine too, but people don't realize that St. Louis became a regular at the age of 24. Tedenby is only 21. I'm not high on Tedenby, but the one thing he really needs to work on is his strength. It's obvious his hockey IQ will never fully be there, no matter how hard he tries. You can seldom teach that stuff.

If he can just get his physical level up enough to where he's not manhandled on the boards and he can win a puck battle or not get thrown to the ice, then he can still salvage an NHL career. A lot of the smaller players in the NHL did not make it until they got older.

Brian Gionta was a year older than him when he made it (22).
Stephen Gionta was 28 when he finally became more of a regular.
St. Louis didn't make it until he was 24.

There's still hope, just not right now, and he's got a long way to go.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I think the St. Louis comparisons are asinine too, but people don't realize that St. Louis became a regular at the age of 24. Tedenby is only 21. I'm not high on Tedenby, but the one thing he really needs to work on is his strength. It's obvious his hockey IQ will never fully be there, no matter how hard he tries. You can seldom teach that stuff.

If he can just get his physical level up enough to where he's not manhandled on the boards and he can win a puck battle or not get thrown to the ice, then he can still salvage an NHL career. A lot of the smaller players in the NHL did not make it until they got older.

Brian Gionta was a year older than him when he made it (22).
Stephen Gionta was 28 when he finally became more of a regular.
St. Louis didn't make it until he was 24.

There's still hope, just not right now, and he's got a long way to go.
St Louis comparisons were made by Hockey's Future's analysis.

Quote:
Talent Analysis

Tedenby is a very flashy and highly skilled player. He is lightning quick on his skates and can accelerate to full speed in a flash. He is also a tremendous stick-handler with high-end puck-skills. Despite his small stature he is not afraid to get his nose dirty and try to get involved physically and challenge his opponents along the board and in the corners. His size and strength will always be a concern, but his skills and determination should help him overcome that.
Future

Tedenbys future lies as a dynamic top-six winger who should approach the 30-35 goal mark once he fully matures and reaches his potential. Think of a player in the Martin St. Louis mould

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Sergei Shirokov

How about Yann Sauve for him? Trade of struggling prospects. Sauve won't have much of a future with us either.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
St Louis comparisons were made by Hockey's Future's analysis.
You do realize these analyses are normally written by that team's writer who is usually a fan of that team.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i love the guy, you can't fault his effort or determination, but he's absolutely one of the dumbest players i've ever seen play 100 games in the nhl.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
You do realize these analyses are normally written by that team's writer who is usually a fan of that team.
Still waiting for Zach Parise to turn into Mike York.

Jersey Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
Still waiting for Zach Parise to turn into Mike York.
He'll never be anything more than a 30-40 pt a yr player and while I'm not saying Jessiman will be Todd Bertuzzi...he has that ceiling.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:47 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
He'll never be anything more than a 30-40 pt a yr player and while I'm not saying Jessiman will be Todd Bertuzzi...he has that ceiling.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
What about a Kobasew/Tedenby swap?

Kobasew would bring you immediate NHL support and he's got some speed on him. If you want a longer term asset though I'm not sure we can offer the prospects you'd want, might have to be a pick.

Avs could really use the reinforcements with our injuries and O'Reilly being out.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
belair

I can see the Preds taking a shot with him. They're struggling to produce offensively at the moment. If he's available at a low cost, it really wouldn't hurt.

But it remains to be seen if he would fit into Trotz's system.

belair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
What about a Kobasew/Tedenby swap?

Kobasew would bring you immediate NHL support and he's got some speed on him. If you want a longer term asset though I'm not sure we can offer the prospects you'd want, might have to be a pick.

Avs could really use the reinforcements with our injuries and O'Reilly being out.
This is completely irrelevant but what is the asking price for O'Reilly at the moment ?

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
This is completely irrelevant but what is the asking price for O'Reilly at the moment ?
Check the thread on this board, it's all over the place tbh.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Frank Gallagher
"Alcohol is a gift"

Quote:
There is some undrafted dude whose 5'8" and plays for tampa

Teddy just lacks the IQ, its not that he doesn't try or have heart
Quote:
Marty St. Louis is more than pure skill. That's an insult if you consider him to not have grit/strength/drive... Teddenby is as soft as they come. No amount of skill will make up for that.
Quote:
What's false? Martin St.Louis is not just talented, he's gritty, strong and is powerful with a low center of gravity. He is everything that Tedenby is not. St Louis wins battles while Tedenby is just awful in a battle or on the boards. He is the antithesis of NJ Devils hockey.
Could be talking about Conacher? Just saying. All the criteria fits, plus, kid plays BIG.

Frank Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:21 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
There is some undrafted dude whose 5'8" and plays for tampa

Teddy just lacks the IQ, its not that he doesn't try or have heart
Guys like St Louis or Theo Fluery but how about a Cory Conacher or a Keith Aucoin

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Robert Theodorson

He's 22, no point in trading him for spare parts. Might as well sit back and hope he's a late bloomer.

Better luck next year Teddy, looks like Matteau's roster spot got a little more safer.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote