HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh Needs Two Top Six Wingers

Old
01-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
Lack of top 6 forwards? What is this a joke?

Crosby, Malkin, Neal... Right off the bat you have 3 all stars. Thats 1/2 of your top 6 being 3 of the best in the league. Crosby and Malkin are top 2 or 3 or 5. Neal is top 5 LW and a top 20-30 player easily. Kunitz adds punch and speed and hes not too shabby of a winger playing with Crosby or any of their top 2 centers lol.

So I REALLLLY Dont think the lack of talent on their top 6 is the issue what so ever.
Uhh, yes it is. Kunitz has been piss poor the 1st 5 games of the season, Dupuis is a 3rd liner with one great season last year, and there is a black hole to Malkin's left.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
The Penguins don't need more wingers, they just need the wingers they have to stop playing like crap. If Kunitz, Dupuis, and whoever they stick with Malkin/Neal can just play smart hockey and not turn the puck over they will be fine. Just keep your stick on the ice and stop making no look passes.
And learn how to catch a pass and shoot a puck.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I don't think Kunitz will magically get his head out of his ass by being moved to Malkin's line

I was thinking the same thing.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Shady Machine

I'm with Rowdy here on the Iginla deal. I would do that trade for sure.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Uhh, yes it is. Kunitz has been piss poor the 1st 5 games of the season, Dupuis is a 3rd liner with one great season last year, and there is a black hole to Malkin's left.
The problem isn't Kunitz or Dupuis individually... In a vacuum not on the same line as each other they are both great 3rd wheels on a line. The problem is, they are on the same line with each other and they are both trying to be something they are not... The scoring threat flanking the center.

Pittsburgh does not need two wingers... We need one. We need a winger that can drop Kunitz back down to the 2nd line. Reason why I say drop Kunitz down rather than Dupuis is because Dupuis plays horribly with Malkin. But his speed allows him to keep up with Crosby, and they have chemistry.

Pittsburgh needs one winger to add to the line up, and it doesn't matter which side, because Dupuis can play ether side. So...

?/Dupuis - Crosby - Dupuis/?
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal

Our only problem at forward is we have two 3rd wheels on one line with Crosby... And no 3rd wheel for Malkins line...

So this "we need two wingers" is just bogus.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Shady Machine

Yeah I would absolutely just take one winger if Kunitz gets his head out of his ass.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:00 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
1. Pens give up WAY too much for Iggy. Few years ago, that probably wouldn't be enough, but now not so much.

2. Sharks are shafted. Orpik is worth about Murray. Why would we add a valuable piece like Clowe to that?

3. Slight overpayment for Kulemin.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
How many times does Pittsburgh need to be told that Edmonton is full of prospect D and they don't need anymore and Magnus Pääjärvi is not being traded.
Hate to bring it up, but Oilers fans seem to love offering Gagner + Hemsky for star players.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:07 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Hate to bring it up, but Oilers fans seem to love offering Gagner + Hemsky for star players.
When talking about trades for Penguins, its MPV + Omark + a worthless prospect that can't hang in the ECHL. We have heard too many Hemsky ideas for Pittsburgh that it gives us migraines.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:13 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I agree with you about MacArthur, but I really think that Kulemin would be a much better fir in Pittsburgh than MacArthur. Kulemin is only 26, has two more years on his contract, and has notable chemistry with Malkin. I would rather pick up Kulemin than a guy like Seto or Stewart for arguably the same price (depends on your evaluation of Maatta and Despres).

When it comes to the Iginla deal, take note that this guy has scored above 30 goals in the past eleven seasons. If he is placed on the block, I know that every Pens fan would want to get him, and I'd bet that almost every other fan of every other contending team would want him as well, hence a bidding war. If it gets into a bidding war, I'd bet that Shero would drop out, but that offer would certainly be a contender. Crosby would get a Guerin++ for the playoffs and on (I would be 80% sure that he would resign). Change the 1st to conditional and I think the value is absolutely there. If the Pens winger problem gets fixed by deadline (either by TK or Tangradi stepping up or a Bennett callup) then there isn't a need for the trade. Remember the Hossa trade, we traded one of our best prospects, a 1st, and two young roster players for Hossa. I would assume that that's what Feaster would want for Iginla.
Hossa was in his prime whereas Iginla is not. I generally agree with the rest of what you said though.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
OCPenguin

Pens only need to make one move for a winger and hope Kunitz and Malkin get their collective heads out of their *****. You get a winger for Crosby, one moves down and everything falls into place. I certainly don't want that winger to be a failed prospect, a guy who hasn't amounted to anything in four years, a change of scenery guy, a guy that was a 30-goal scorer last year, but sucked three out of the previous four years and stole money from his clubs, a guy that was a 30-goal scorer, but struggles to get 35 points, a soft Slovak, or a guy named Stempy. I would prefer a long term solution, or in the case of Iggy, a difference maker looking to go out in glory.

You don't mortgage the farm with two deals. If you have to go a first, one of our d-prospects and a third rounder, then so be it. Our farm system is stacked, but flawed in the same matter. Only two of the top 10 are forwards; no goalies are on that list and eight blueliners. At some point, we need to address the forward prospects in the system, or the lack there of.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Hemsky for Despres and 2013 2nd
One of the most ridiculous ideas I've seen. Then again, its from an Edmonton fan that thinks Hemsky has high value.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:23 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wingers View Post
I'm sorry, but after Shero failed to sign Parise, why did he not offer Semin a one year deal? Did he really think Eric Tangradi and Pascal Dupuis would suffice?
You don't want Alexander Semin anywhere near this team. The guy might have talent, but he is a ver lazy player.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:24 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
One of the most ridiculous ideas I've seen. Then again, its from an Edmonton fan that thinks Hemsky has high value.
it's really not as ridiculous as many of the other Hemsky offers on HFBoards.

that said, i still wouldn't do it. even Hemsky for Despres i wouldn't do. there are wingers out there who can fit Pittsburgh's system better than Hemsky at offers for less than the Pens' entire draft pool from the last 3 years.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

If we're moving Iginla, I'd rather do it for one really good piece than a bunch of decent or poor pieces. Tangradi is a bust, Despres is looking less rosy than he did and the picks will be late. I'd rather just have one of Pouliot or Morrow and a 1st.
Iginla is going to be an expensive add. Especially if Perry gets resigned.

Double Dion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
Hemsky for Despres and 2013 2nd
Hemsky to Pittsburgh has been discussed numerous times but us Pens fans have re-iterated time and time again that we don't want him.

Shrimper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
SidsBackhand

The Penguins are heavily relying on the top 4 defensemen for minutes right now (Lovejoy/Engelland were logging as little as 6 minutes a piece before Niskanen went down last night). Niskanen has an lower body injury, of which we do not know the extent. This, to me, rules out trading Despres. As much as the Penguins need a winger (or two), they cannot afford to gamble with their already thin defensive stability. If a trade is pulled off, it will have to be done with draft picks/more raw prospects. This most certainly also rules out trading Orpik, which I thought was ridiculous to begin with.

All signs point to the Penguins standing pat with what they have, and maybe calling Beau Bennett up to see if he can have an immediate impact with 87s line. But with Shero, you never know. He may be able to package some draft picks and younger prospects together for somebody.

But to sum it up, Despres/Niskanen/Orpik are NOT going anywhere. Not with the dire position the Penguins defense is currently in.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
If we're moving Iginla, I'd rather do it for one really good piece than a bunch of decent or poor pieces. Tangradi is a bust, Despres is looking less rosy than he did and the picks will be late. I'd rather just have one of Pouliot or Morrow and a 1st.
Iginla is going to be an expensive add. Especially if Perry gets resigned.
For a 35 year old, UFA, veteran who has a max of 1 or 2 years left in him? I understand that Iginla is extremely valuable to Calgary but that doesn't work.

Instead I'd rather do something like Pouliot + Morrow + 1st + Tangradi/Kennedy for Perry, of course only if we knew he resigned.

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
penzweiser
Rookie User

How about 1st 2013, despres and maata for iggy and pens could buyout kunitz (or trade for a pick etc.) to afford him at 6-7 mil.

penzweiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by penzweiser View Post
How about 1st 2013, despres and maata for iggy and pens could buyout kunitz (or trade for a pick etc.) to afford him at 6-7 mil.
That makes NO sense and is too much.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
ds246pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
That makes NO sense and is too much.
Agreed, at that point just wait a season, keep Despres and Maatta and sign Iginla the next year if he wants to come play.

The only way I'd even entertain the thought of Despres, Maatta and a 1st would be if a **signed** Corey Perry is coming back. No way do you give up that much for someone who isn't a lock to comeback. They gave up less then that for Hossa who imo was a much better player at that point in his career than Iginla and close to Perry in terms of prime career.

ds246pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:55 PM
penzweiser
Rookie User

how does it make no sense. It would give us a top 6 of malkin, crosby, neal, iggy, kunitz and dupuis this year and moving forward malkin, crosby, neal, iggy, bennetta and dupuis. Defensively we'd move morrow or dumoulin up next year and we also have bortuzzo who is nhl ready. I say we use our assets to win a cup rather than be a good but not great team.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:57 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

To Pitts:

Phil Kessel

To Toronto:
Joe Morrow
Beau Bennett
2nd round pick (conditional upon Kessel re-signing or on Pitts making it to the cup final this year)

How far off is that value?

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:01 PM
penzweiser
Rookie User

Id do that trade for Kessel in a second

Old
01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
SidsBackhand

As for Kunitz, he has been atrocious. This does not mean he won't come around to his old self. I've seen flashes of the old Kunitz, albeit inconsistent, but we have to remember that this guy is coming off of no training camp. This affects some players more than others, and for all we know, this could be the reason for his bad play so far.

There's no way Bylsma and Shero are ready to replace him based on 5 rapid games with no TC. However, if he doesn't improve...that's a different story.

And as for Dupuis, whoever said he's a 3rd line winger is CRAZY. He had a scoring streak longer than any in Malkin's career last year. He's been playing better than Kunitz, but this is a similar situation. We all know their usual production. It will return in time.

Come on people. 5 games is hardly a measuring stick for proven players with proven skill. Malkin keeps turning the puck over, should we trade him too? Give me a break.

SidsBackhand is offline   Reply With Quote