HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Quincey

Old
01-28-2013, 02:51 AM
melly451

vCash: 500
Kyle Quincey

As a Colorado fan living in Michigan, once the wings got Quincey my friends wanted to know how good he was. All I said was to wait and see. So far he's lived up to my expectations of being terrible. I mean if you've watched any Red Wing games this year he doesn't even look like he belongs out there. It's a little early to start panicking about not making the playoffs but the wings D looks pretty bad so far, they may want to make a trade for one. Could they try to package something with Kyle for an upgrade? Or even get anything for him?

melly451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Generic User
Generic Moderator

IMO, give up your 1st and Wings fans say he's yours. Maybe even a 2nd.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Detroit Swed Wings
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by generic user View Post
imo, give up your 1st and wings fans say he's yours. Maybe even a 2nd.
for free!

Detroit Swed Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:25 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

I thought he was better the past 2 games, he finally seemed to be settling in.

He really is just able to play everywhere it's just he's not very good at any of it. If, and this is a big if, he can fix his decision making he will be a good 3/4 for us in the next couple of year and he will have been worth the 1st round pick.

Right now his value is that of a 2nd, if he plays up to his potential ability he could fetch a 1st.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Wingser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Swed Wings View Post
for free!
sign!!!

Wingser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
2 Weekes Notice

It'll be interesting to see in 5+ years how the Quincey for Andrei Vasilevskiy (via DET 1st) value looks, even though Tampa Bay was largely seen as the facilitator for Colorado and Detroit at the time.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 228
On good days he's a #3 and on bad days he's a #5-6. He takes a lot of lazy penalties.

I think Babcock will turn him into a decent player for the Wings with some time.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
It'll be interesting to see in 5+ years how the Quincey for Andrei Vasilevskiy (via DET 1st) value looks, even though Tampa Bay was largely seen as the facilitator for Colorado and Detroit at the time.
It would have really depending on who they intended to take with the pick. I'm quite confident it wouldn't have been Vasilevskiy, I'd assume somebody like Laughton, Jankowski, Matta or Gaunce would have been the players they would have targeted. That or trade back into the 2nd round.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Marky9er

Steve Downie

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Really seems like Tampa won that three way trade.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:14 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly451 View Post
As a Colorado fan living in Michigan, once the wings got Quincey my friends wanted to know how good he was. All I said was to wait and see. So far he's lived up to my expectations of being terrible. I mean if you've watched any Red Wing games this year he doesn't even look like he belongs out there. It's a little early to start panicking about not making the playoffs but the wings D looks pretty bad so far, they may want to make a trade for one. Could they try to package something with Kyle for an upgrade? Or even get anything for him?
Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman. And all have been bad. Kronwall is proving he is nothing more than a #3. Ericsson can't stay healthy. White is soft. Kindl is a giveaway machine. Smith is a bonehead and very underwhelming. Huskins has been stable. Lashoff looks good until he makes a bad decision. Cola can't make it through one shift without getting injured and is just god awful.

Under the current circumstance, Quincey is a blessing for this team. He at least adds depth and can move the puck. He won't be winning any awards but helps round out DRWs weak defense.

He is playing much better the past 2 games and has at times looked like the best defender on the ice.. which isn't saying much. Hopefully Babcock can get the most out of the guy.

He's far more valuable to Detroit than to any other team.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly451 View Post
He looked absolutely terrible the first two games and marginal in the third game. He was very good Friday night and pretty solid yesterday. If he continues to play the way he has the last two games, he'll get solid minutes and wont go anywhere.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Really seems like Tampa won that three way trade.
Only cause Downie injured himself about 10 games in and got a more serious injury now.
I think Downie was worth a 1st rounder.

Nzap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:29 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Only cause Downie injured himself about 10 games in and got a more serious injury now.
I think Downie was worth a 1st rounder.
I can see that, but it worked well for Tampa with all our young players and the fact we now have a stud goalie prospect. I was pissed when the trade went down, though.

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Does he still take those stupid hooking/holding penalties because he's caught so far out of position you wonder how he actually managed to get into that spot on the ice?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:09 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman. And all have been bad. Kronwall is proving he is nothing more than a #3. Ericsson can't stay healthy. White is soft. Kindl is a giveaway machine. Smith is a bonehead and very underwhelming. Huskins has been stable. Lashoff looks good until he makes a bad decision. Cola can't make it through one shift without getting injured and is just god awful.

Under the current circumstance, Quincey is a blessing for this team. He at least adds depth and can move the puck. He won't be winning any awards but helps round out DRWs weak defense.

He is playing much better the past 2 games and has at times looked like the best defender on the ice.. which isn't saying much. Hopefully Babcock can get the most out of the guy.

Not one single thing in this post is true.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:33 PM
THW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Does he still take those stupid hooking/holding penalties because he's caught so far out of position you wonder how he actually managed to get into that spot on the ice?
Nope, he just looks around like he has no idea where he is or should be. He gets his penalties when opposing players outwork him along the boards.

THW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
Well, Huskins has been stable...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:55 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
You should try watching a game once in awhile... because sadly, it's very true. Even the poster above me proved you wrong.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Nyquist

Quote:

The Wings D has been bad but you're blowing it way out of proportions, which is saying A LOT.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
The Wings D has been bad but you're blowing it way out of proportions, which is saying A LOT.
Anyone who watched a game or two without rosy red glasses on know I'm not. Not sure how you can even try to debate it...

Smith was unspectacular in the AHL this year, and now he is very underwhelming in the NHL.

Kindl gives the puck away.

Kronwall was a -2 in the 5-3 win against Wild, was a -1 yesterday.

Lashoff looked good then he makes a bonehead play or giveaway. But give the kid credit, he's younger and is playing better than Smith who is 24.

White... injured yet again.

CC... injured. He's always injured!

Ericsson how many games has he played? The guy is a 6'6" powder puff that is lucky to play 70 games any given season. How can someone so soft be injured?

Quincey was crap in game #1, not much better in game #2 (thanks to Smith who can't play defense). Game #3 and #4 was better. But hey, atleast the guy plays some games... and is probably the best PMD on the team behind Kronwall.

I can't decide if Jimmy Howard really sucks and is overrated or if it is the D in front of him... I'm leaning towards a little of both.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Gustav Nyquist
Failure by design

Quote:
Anyone who watched a game or two without rosy red glasses on know I'm not. Not sure how you can even try to debate it...

Smith was unspectacular in the AHL this year, and now he is very underwhelming in the NHL.

Kindl gives the puck away.

Kronwall was a -2 in the 5-3 win against Wild, was a -1 yesterday.

Lashoff looked good then he makes a bonehead play or giveaway. But give the kid credit, he's younger and is playing better than Smith who is 24.

White... injured yet again.

CC... injured. He's always injured!

Ericsson how many games has he played? The guy is a 6'6" powder puff that is lucky to play 70 games any given season. How can someone so soft be injured?

Quincey was crap in game #1, not much better in game #2 (thanks to Smith who can't play defense). Game #3 and #4 was better. But hey, atleast the guy plays some games... and is probably the best PMD on the team behind Kronwall.

I can't decide if Jimmy Howard really sucks and is overrated or if it is the D in front of him... I'm leaning towards a little of both.
This is quite the transformation. If I recall correctly you used to be the biggest homer we had.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:11 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Quincey isn't even Detroit's worse defenseman.
Yes. Yes he is.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Yes. Yes he is.
Smith won that award but Mr-3 in the last two games Kronwall is trying to over take it...

Oh look, Kyle Quincey is a +3 the past two games [LINKY].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnkrok View Post
This is quite the transformation. If I recall correctly you used to be the biggest homer we had.
Nope, a realist.

Last edited by HTT3*: 01-28-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
You should try watching a game once in awhile... because sadly, it's very true. Even the poster above me proved you wrong.
You keep saying this but you're in the very small minority on Quincey's play and the hatred for Smith when it comes to the same Wings fans watching the games. I get that you think we are all wrong, but you should stop with the watch the games logic. A bunch of us do and aren't trying to push this Smith agenda down everyone elses throat. Quincey has been very bad, better the last two games but still not what is expected of him and what he demanded contract wise. Right now I would be happy to move him for a second once the D gets somewhat healthy.

Unlikely since Holland would have to admit that big mistake but even packaging him with a Tatar for an upgrade would be welcomed.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote