HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Qubax

vCash: 500
How do Sens fans rate the progress of Stefan Noesen?

I've always likened him to having the upside of a poor mans Corey Perry.

Big, Fast, a bit mean, good hands etc.,

Is Noesen right where he needs to be in his development(Bingo next year for 1-2 years and then a look at the NHL) or is he looking like he's not living up to expectations.

Thanks in advance!

Old
01-26-2013, 02:47 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Although the WJC seems like ages ago with the lockout being over and NHL games, I am working my way through highlight videos for team sweden notables and finished one for Wikstrand. Looked good there and has impressed me in the games i've seen him with Mora. What a steal.

Anyways, here's the video, if anyone is interested [Recommend to watch on youtube page rather than embedded, odd size]

Brilliant, well done.

You can really see how amazing Wikstrand is at reading the play, sometimes he would rush up ice, curl back leading 2 forwards to him and make a pass that creates a 3on2 rush that happened out of no where.

Amazingly poised, very effective both ends of the ice and has strong hockey IQ.

If this guy had a slap-shot, he would have scores at least a couple of goals. This is why Sens fans have been saying he looks like a first rounder, no huge flaws in his game.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:51 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
How do Sens fans rate the progress of Stefan Noesen?

I've always likened him to having the upside of a poor mans Corey Perry.

Big, Fast, a bit mean, good hands etc.,

Is Noesen right where he needs to be in his development(Bingo next year for 1-2 years and then a look at the NHL) or is he looking like he's not living up to expectations.

Thanks in advance!
Noesen has been excellent so far. He started off a bit slow this year but came roaring back. Last year he was unstoppable in the playoffs before he went down in an injury. He is the type of guy that steps up huge when the game gets chippy or in crucial moments. I don't think we will wait 2 years before seeing him in the NHL. It's a shame he became ineligible to play in the WJC. A lot of people would have seen the hype.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:42 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Adversity can be good... well it's like in real life, it forces you to progress. If Ceci is for real, he will come out stronger. But he'll need a bit of time to adjust and get out of it
This is true when you're in a situation where progression is possible. With the 67s his defensive zone coverage was way worse then last season because the forwards were terrible at helping out the D. Ceci was trying to watch 2 or 3 guys at the same time. It's hard to progress when your team is running around like chickens without heads. No system at all.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:31 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Noesen has been excellent so far. He started off a bit slow this year but came roaring back. Last year he was unstoppable in the playoffs before he went down in an injury. He is the type of guy that steps up huge when the game gets chippy or in crucial moments. I don't think we will wait 2 years before seeing him in the NHL. It's a shame he became ineligible to play in the WJC. A lot of people would have seen the hype.
Wait, Noesen is playing again?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:47 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Wait, Noesen is playing again?
Yep. 3 apples last night in a losing effort.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:40 AM
playasRus

When'd he make his return?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:56 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
When'd he make his return?
I believe yesterday was actually his first game back.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:08 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I believe yesterday was actually his first game back.
no, he's playing since the 18th. and since that he's got 0g4a in 6 games. pretty cooled off.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:28 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMacNorrison View Post
no, he's playing since the 18th. and since that he's got 0g4a in 6 games. pretty cooled off.
I stand corrected.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:00 AM
newerabegins

in the 13-14 season, noesen is on my 4th line and is mad producing on nhl 13 and hes only like 62 overall couldn't take him off hes been playing so well

Old
01-27-2013, 11:20 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I think Noesen will be playing a season or two in Bingo before getting a spot with the big boys

Old
01-27-2013, 11:51 AM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I think Noesen will be playing a season or two in Bingo before getting a spot with the big boys
Not too out of the norm for a mid-late first rounder to take 2-3 years from drafting to start looking at making the bigs.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Noesen is a guy that needs to be brough along slowly so that he can properly develop his offensive game to be a top 6 forward. If he is rushed, more likely then not he will end up being a 3rd liner or worse.

To me Noesen has some Morrow type potential if he is developed properly.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:10 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Lehner has a funny goatee

Old
01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
BringBackChara

Can someone give me a scouting report on D Claesson?

I haven't heard too much about him but for some reason in NHL 12 this guy always gets to be a monster. Currently in 2014-15 he is 22, 84 Ovr with (B/B/B Pot). Unreal.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Noesen is a guy that needs to be brough along slowly so that he can properly develop his offensive game to be a top 6 forward. If he is rushed, more likely then not he will end up being a 3rd liner or worse.

To me Noesen has some Morrow type potential if he is developed properly.
Agreed. It seems one full year of AHL seasoning, then a second year with spot duty in the NHL for injuries would be a good, if not best case scenario to ensure his offensive skill is nurtured. Ideally, I see him on an elite third line in a few years:

Michalek Spezza Silfverberg
(Lats/Puemps) Turris Stone
Smith Z-bad Noesen
Condra O'Brien Neil

Old
01-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Cujomi
YNWA

I'm till a big fan of Da Costa. Anyone see him enough to know if he's going to be making it to the big team or not?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
I'm till a big fan of Da Costa. Anyone see him enough to know if he's going to be making it to the big team or not?
not sure how much more he can/will improve, but it doesn't seem there is a place for him on the big team now or any time soon. he is a top 6 center and we have spezza turris. that said, he is our best offensive forward in bingo. don't see him in ottawa but could be useful for another young team. nhl consistency would be the biggest question i think.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:21 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Although the WJC seems like ages ago with the lockout being over and NHL games, I am working my way through highlight videos for team sweden notables and finished one for Wikstrand. Looked good there and has impressed me in the games i've seen him with Mora. What a steal.

Anyways, here's the video, if anyone is interested [Recommend to watch on youtube page rather than embedded, odd size]

i didn't watch the world juniors this year, so i was wondering why he was getting hyped up. i know this was a highlight video, so he's going to look good in it, but he looked real solid with good hands and hockey sense. was he not also rated sweden's best defenseman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackChara View Post
Can someone give me a scouting report on D Claesson?

I haven't heard too much about him but for some reason in NHL 12 this guy always gets to be a monster. Currently in 2014-15 he is 22, 84 Ovr with (B/B/B Pot). Unreal.
can't go in depth on this despite watching a bunch of bingo games. he's the kind of player that you have to look for to scout him. i think he's been learning from borocop, because he's blocking shots and hitting people. he's good with his stick on defense, and has a pretty good breakout pass. i haven't seen much from him in the offensive end, but he's no black hole on the point. i saw him make a few nice plays there, but he plays more of a safe game. oh yeah, he's also been sticking up for team mates. overall i'd say his first year in north america has been a success. if he continues to develop, he might make the show.

edit: on da costa - he's going to play in the nhl. the question is where. if he's going to play on this team, he will most likely have to become a winger. he hasn't been playing wing anywhere, so we don't know if he can make the transition. he's a real smart player, and i think he could make the switch. he looks too good out there in the ahl on a lot of nights.

Old
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
KRM

Vikstrand signs a one-year extension with Mora.

http://www.moraik.se/artikel/mikael-...C3%A4song-till

Old
01-29-2013, 09:29 AM
18Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
Vikstrand signs a one-year extension with Mora.

http://www.moraik.se/artikel/mikael-...C3%A4song-till

Old
01-29-2013, 09:34 AM
Aggen

As a Mora fan I'm stoked. But Im also suprised, I was so certain that he would go to SEL this year.

His motivation were that "I do not feel ready as a person to take this step".

There are some pros to this, even though I fully understand if some Sens feel this is only filled with cons.

It is possible for a player to take the step from SEL2->NHL, OEL did it, and the league has grown better now. For both Senators and Wikstrand's sake I hope this is the right step.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Icelevel
Best Players Play

no rush. do it right. take control vikky

Old
01-29-2013, 10:46 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggen View Post
As a Mora fan I'm stoked. But Im also suprised, I was so certain that he would go to SEL this year.

His motivation were that "I do not feel ready as a person to take this step".

There are some pros to this, even though I fully understand if some Sens feel this is only filled with cons.

It is possible for a player to take the step from SEL2->NHL, OEL did it, and the league has grown better now. For both Senators and Wikstrand's sake I hope this is the right step.
Wishful thinking would be SEL2->SEL->AHLx3->NHL

Closed Thread