HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Doom & Gloom / Rant Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He tried to throw a big hit and he missed completely. Enforcers are being phased out of the game, that's the problem. We really needed a middleweight or light heavyweight, not a superheavyweight who looks like a Viking warrior. Nobody wants to fight him.
The success of this team doesn't hinge on a 4th line winger. I think having a Princeton educated super heavy weight Viking warrior with dominant moustache' swag is amazing.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Random observation: Given the loss of Garrison and our relatively limited offensive abilities from the back end (Campbell aside), was it dumb of us to let go of Mike Kostka? He played over 30 minutes the other night for toronto, and by all accounts isn't solid defensively, but he's got a shot and has put up some points after finally making it to the NHL. It's dumb of us to give guys up who have shown they have at least some offensive talent, especially when we're bereft of any ability to score, period.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
The success of this team doesn't hinge on a 4th line winger. I think having a Princeton educated super heavy weight Viking warrior with dominant moustache' swag is amazing.

I'm not insinuating that we live and die by Parros, just that having someone who could intimidate the other team, throw some huge hits, and be a legitimate deterrent from taking liberties with our players would be nice. Parros isn't a deterrent to most players because they would never fight him. I mean he's still nice to have I guess but a top middleweight would have been a much better acquisition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Random observation: Given the loss of Garrison and our relatively limited offensive abilities from the back end (Campbell aside), was it dumb of us to let go of Mike Kostka? He played over 30 minutes the other night for toronto, and by all accounts isn't solid defensively, but he's got a shot and has put up some points after finally making it to the NHL. It's dumb of us to give guys up who have shown they have at least some offensive talent, especially when we're bereft of any ability to score, period.
Idk, from my viewings of Kostka in the AHL, he was mostly a sieve and he was one of the D that always let Markstrom down. Toronto's defense isn't anything to talk about so I wouldn't really be that impressed. No doubt he has offensive ability, but I think it was best we let him go.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Hockeycast

vCash: 794
Garrison should have stayed with us, i hate Kuba and Garrison isn't producing in Vancouver
Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks made a major move during the summer to sign offensive defenseman Jason Garrison to a six-year, $27.6 million contract, but he hasn't lived up to expectations thus far.

The 28-year-old star has zero points through five games, and his poor start to the season is one reason why the Canucks' blue line has struggled to be productive offensively. Dan Hamhuis and Alexander Edler are the only Vancouver defensemen with points this season.

Garrison scored 16 goals last season, and six of them came on the power-play. He has been unable to make that same kind of impact on the Canucks power-play, which has scored just six goals on 29 attempts.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...essure-in-2013

Hockeycast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
Garrison should have stayed with us, i hate Kuba and Garrison isn't producing in Vancouver

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...essure-in-2013
that shouldn't come as a surprise - everyone here knew that he was a one trick pony (big shot) who wasn't going to reproduce his numbers last year. he's a decent Dman in his own end and can keep wingers and PKers honest with his shot but unless you're feeding him those open one-timers, he's not going to score. they should've tempered their fans' expectations. what's unfortunate is that he's going to get the backlash. the situation would be the same, here though - his numbers tailed off dramatically after a torrid start once teams realized they had to defend him.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:24 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycast View Post
What I noticed from last night's 1st period (went to bed after that one) was that Vancouver really tried to create G52 the opportunity to unleash his bomb, but Sharks went really aggressively for the block and it lead to a dump to the other end by Sharks most of the time.

Also he tried way too many times to make the hard pass instead of the easy one, a great example was the giveaway pass that went straight to Thornton's stick and the 1-0 goal.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:42 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Without a guy like Campbell to pass it to him perfectly Garrison is useless offensively. He also gave San Jose their first goal when he cleared a puck right on Big Joe's stick.

I do not miss Garrison right now because I feel his presence on our back line wouldn't change much from the first 5 games.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

small article in south florida business journal...it looks like the bottom hasn't completely fallen out yet.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...s-despite.html

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
small article in south florida business journal...it looks like the bottom hasn't completely fallen out yet.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...s-despite.html
The Flyers fans had a bit to do with that
(#doom and gloom)

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Haj

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
(#doom and gloom)
Legion of Gloom

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:50 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
(#doom and gloom)
there really wasnt that many of them, maybe 2,000 at most.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:53 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
He tried to throw a big hit and he missed completely. Enforcers are being phased out of the game, that's the problem. We really needed a middleweight or light heavyweight, not a superheavyweight who looks like a Viking warrior. Nobody wants to fight him.
The really funny thing is that he got a boarding penalty for missing a hit. That's the height of ineptitude, but there you have it.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
there really wasnt that many of them, maybe 2,000 at most.
It seemed like a lot were sitting by the shoot once goal from what I saw on TV. That's good to hear though. I remember in our miserable days in the late 90s/early 2000s when it would be 40-60% Flyers fans.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Legion of Gloom
New nickname for the Panthers/Fans or Both?

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote