HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly in need of blue line help

Old
01-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I'd do Couturier for OEL, but thats just me. I doubt most Flyers fans would.
If that's true then most Flyers fans need a reality check. Coururier has nowhere near the trade value of OEL. That kid has by far the best mix of smooth skating and skills of all D prospects since a very long time. Like Scott Niedemayer the prospect long.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
And equally as ridiculous are Flyer fans thinking they can get a young top-pairing dman without dealing away Schenn or Couturier ++ in a package.
There's only two untouchables in the whole organisation for me, Giroux and Couturier. I'm sure you're the same with the Canadiens so don't get too haughty.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:27 AM
alexmanu

What forward help could the Preds get for Jon Blum+ ?

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangiroux View Post
I'd do Couturier for OEL, but thats just me. I doubt most Flyers fans would.
Lol. OEL is probably the most valuable non-star player in the league. And the only reason he isnt a star is because he plays in Phoenix. Flyers need to add a ton.

Pronounced Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
What forward help could the Preds get for Jon Blum+ ?
Jody Shelley.
No, seriously, Blum is just another 3rd, 4th D-man. Exactly what the Flyers don't need.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:04 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
To PHI:
F Bobby Sanguinetti

To CAR:
F Jason Akeson
I like it.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Try Couturier + B. Schenn; anything less would get you a click on the other end of the phone line.
Couturier + Coburn?

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

1. OEL isn't being moved. Also the asking price is really too high from what Phoenix fans are asking. Yes the kid is a good young player, but he is not Pietrangelo, Doughty, and so on. He has all the potential, but let's not value him like he is already there. Great young player, but for Couts+Schenn? Crazy. Also Couts+Coburn is crazy too. Those are horrible deals for the Flyers. I understand a lot of people around here like him, but the asking price seems a little too high.

2. The only young defender I would even trading Couts for in this league is Pietrangelo. Well there are a couple more, but he is the most attractive RF this coming off season. 23 year old defender who is just extremely skilled and smart as hell. 4th in Norris votes last year and probably should have had more. St Louis would be crazy to move him, but Couts+Coburn would be a price I would be willing to send for him.

3. I really think the Flyers address the defense this off season. Either through big trade or through the draft depending on how the season goes. Homer said no more offer sheets this year, but he didn't say he wouldn't use it again. I have no clue what Pietrangelo is going to be making in his next deal, but I would offer sheet him a huge deal to see if St Louis can match. They have an internal budget.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:41 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

I don't like the vitriol on these boards toward one another. I'll be amazed the day we can have a trade talk without crapping on each other.

I would like to see the Flyers submit an offer sheet to Pietrangelo in the offseason if the Blues haven't locked him up yet. Hopefully he would take a look and sign it, putting the ball in STL's court.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:43 PM
PayItForward

Alex Pietrangelo is one of the most untouchable players in the league IMO. His value is much closer to Giroux than it is to Couturier. I highly doubt St. Louis will allow him to be put in a spot to sign an offer sheet.

Players like Pietrangelo aren't traded anyway unless their forced too and rarely hit free agency. You have to draft them.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:46 PM
JDinklage Morgoone
Formerly Hextall89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
Alex Pietrangelo is one of the most untouchable players in the league IMO. His value is much closer to Giroux than it is to Couturier. I highly doubt St. Louis will allow him to be put in a spot to sign an offer sheet.

Players like Pietrangelo aren't traded anyway unless their forced too and rarely hit free agency. You have to draft them.
I understand that and fully agree. That said, if they have some kind of contract argument that allows him to fall into the RFA offer sheet period, I'd be very upset with Holmgren if he didn't at least try.

JDinklage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post

I agree, but also anything can happen in negotiations. One problem with St Louis is they have an internal budget. We make an offer sheet that really hurts them financially we maybe have a shot at him. They have had a budget of 50 million the last two years, and have a ton of RFA's to resign. Imagine the angry fans from all over the NHL and especially on here is the Flyers offer sheeted him too.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:52 PM
SensDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
We all know Philly has blue line problems. Here are two proposals:

McBain+LaRose+5th for Simmonds

or

Corvo+Sanguinetti+4th for Read

And yes, we have all read about how McBain for Read straight up might work, so let's skip that one.
I dont think that these trades make sense to philly especially when you consider they lost hartnell long term to injury, and jvr as well as jagr in the off-season. The upside in their offense should not be torn apart even more by parting with young guys like read and simmonds, unless its in a package to get a top 2-4 dman such as PK.

SensDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
1. OEL isn't being moved. Also the asking price is really too high from what Phoenix fans are asking. Yes the kid is a good young player, but he is not Pietrangelo, Doughty, and so on. He has all the potential, but let's not value him like he is already there. Great young player, but for Couts+Schenn? Crazy. Also Couts+Coburn is crazy too. Those are horrible deals for the Flyers. I understand a lot of people around here like him, but the asking price seems a little too high.

2. The only young defender I would even trading Couts for in this league is Pietrangelo. Well there are a couple more, but he is the most attractive RF this coming off season. 23 year old defender who is just extremely skilled and smart as hell. 4th in Norris votes last year and probably should have had more. St Louis would be crazy to move him, but Couts+Coburn would be a price I would be willing to send for him.

3. I really think the Flyers address the defense this off season. Either through big trade or through the draft depending on how the season goes. Homer said no more offer sheets this year, but he didn't say he wouldn't use it again. I have no clue what Pietrangelo is going to be making in his next deal, but I would offer sheet him a huge deal to see if St Louis can match. They have an internal budget.
Your first point says you wouldn't trade Couturier for OEL because OEL is all potential...do you not see the irony there? Couturier is the same thing except most people would take OEL over Couturier. Couturier is nothing but potential at this point too.

Even if the asking price were B. Schenn+Couturier I'd consider it.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Your first point says you wouldn't trade Couturier for OEL because OEL is all potential...do you not see the irony there? Couturier is the same thing except most people would take OEL over Couturier. Couturier is nothing but potential at this point too.

Even if the asking price were B. Schenn+Couturier I'd consider it.
I never said just Couts for OEL(this would be the ground work for a good trade IMO).... Couts+schenn for OEL would be a very poor trade for the Flyers. Kills our depth at center. I like both of these players, but neither of them are being moved. I simply stated the asking price by some fans for OEL are a little ridiculous.

Also said he is a good young player too, not all potential. He still had potential to grow...

Old
01-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I never said just Couts for OEL(this would be the ground work for a good trade IMO).... Couts+schenn for OEL would be a very poor trade for the Flyers. Kills our depth at center. I like both of these players, but neither of them are being moved. I simply stated the asking price by some fans for OEL are a little ridiculous.

Also said he is a good young player too, not all potential. He still had potential to grow...
...you start your second point by saying you'd only trade Couturier for Pietrangelo.

We'd still have Giroux, Briere, Laughton, at center with Read being able to play it too. That's without even bringing free agency into the mix. Our center depth is our only position of strength. Schenn has also been playing wing this whole season.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
...you start your second point by saying you'd only trade Couturier for Pietrangelo.

We'd still have Giroux, Briere, Laughton, at center with Read being able to play it too. That's without even bringing free agency into the mix. Our center depth is our only position of strength. Schenn has also been playing wing this whole season.
Laughton is not a 3rd line center yet... and still has time to develop. Briere is an aging center who shouldn't be playing center any more. There really isn't any UFA centers that are intriguing either. Read can fill in as a center, but he is a winger in the NHL. Getzlaf? He probably will be resigned. Andy Mcdonald? no thanks.

I really like Couts potential though. That's why I said there are a few more young defenders I would trade him for too, not only Piety.

I would much rather keep Couts and Schenn than trade them for OEL. Like wise Phoenix fans would like to keep OEL.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
jeromeo87

Ryan Murphy, Chad LaRose, Joe Corvo for Wanye Simmonds

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:34 PM
PayItForward

Quote: