HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Carlzner

vCash: 500
Yeah, no.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Maybe in NHL 13. Sedin's need grit on their line, someone who goes into the corners to dig pucks out, someone to cycle with...etc
Yep.
If anything, Kesler would be a better fit on the wing than Kessel.
It would also give us two centers on the line in case Hank gets thrown out of the faceoff circle.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Grabovski and Kessel don't play well together, and we have no other 2nd line centers to play with Kessel, so...no thanks.

Kesler is much more valuable to the Canucks than Kessel.
Kesler is bigger, more physical, much better defensively, is a center who is good at faceoffs, and a leader. He's also signed to a pretty darn good contract until 2016.

We already have two pure offensive guys in the Sedins, we don't need to sacrifice our best defensive forward and our center depth to add more of an offensive punch.
Booth-Grabovski-Burrows would be a pretty solid two-way 2nd line. Have a Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian 3rd line. And Sedin-Sedin-Kessel would be just unfair.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:41 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Grabovski and Kessel don't play well together, and we have no other 2nd line centers to play with Kessel, so...no thanks.

Kesler is much more valuable to the Canucks than Kessel.
Kesler is bigger, more physical, much better defensively, is a center who is good at faceoffs, and a leader. He's also signed to a pretty darn good contract until 2016.

We already have two pure offensive guys in the Sedins, we don't need to sacrifice our best defensive forward and our center depth to add more of an offensive punch.
Well youd get Grabovski who is a good defensive forward and hits. What happens in 1-2 years when the Sedins start slowing down, they are going to need a fast as lightning guy like Kessel to dish passes to. S-S-K would be fun to watch, maybe not as physical w/o Kassian but if Kessel can get 82 with Bozak. he could approach 100 with the sedins

Old
01-28-2013, 02:41 PM
416Leafer

Toronto/Vancouver Luongo deals have been debated ad nauseum since last April. How is this STILL a hot topic.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:46 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Is there any concrete evidence that Washington is the mystery team?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Booth-Grabovski-Burrows would be a pretty solid two-way 2nd line. Have a Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian 3rd line. And Sedin-Sedin-Kessel would be just unfair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Well youd get Grabovski who is a good defensive forward and hits. What happens in 1-2 years when the Sedins start slowing down, they are going to need a fast as lightning guy like Kessel to dish passes to. S-S-K would be fun to watch, maybe not as physical w/o Kassian but if Kessel can get 82 with Bozak. he could approach 100 with the sedins
Sedins need a big, physical guy on their line to compliment their style of play (and to protect them from 4th line thugs who try to injure them). Sedin-Sedin-Kessel in the playoffs would be a disaster.

There's a reason why Mason Raymond isn't playing with them.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Toronto/Vancouver Luongo deals have been debated ad nauseum since last April. How is this STILL a hot topic.
It's not about toronto, it's about trading Luongo, you probably think this thread is about Toronto.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
They never get mentioned as a possible destination but it makes sense to me. I think he'd make them a much better team and allow them to open it up a bit more offensively.
This is payback for all the times we've tried to trade Neuvirth to the Hawks, isn't it?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
That is a "out of the frying pan into the fire" sort of situation. I don't see MG or LG being on board bringing in another center who makes more than the Sedins; where would he fit in our line up? With the Sedins? What if he doesn't excel there? 2nd Line Wing?

Just too risky; imo.
You dont think that risk is balanced by the lightning taking on a goaltender that is signed into his mid-40's?

I think if the canucks want to get value back they will have to take some risk, either in contracts or pending ufa's they wont be able to resign. Otherwise all they get is prospects and later picks that may or may not help down the road.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Laich and Holtby for Luongo and Schroeder.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:56 PM
chris11inter

vCash: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Luongo will be the end of these Caps. It would be a deadly blow.
Because their goaltending has been so good this year?

How can adding a top 10 goalie in the NHL be the end of a team with goaltending problems?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Luongo + Booth for Ovechkin

Old
01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Is there any concrete evidence that Washington is the mystery team?
Process of elimination assuming Gillis was not making %$@# up.

So no. None.

Somebody is fibbing.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:08 PM
chris11inter

vCash: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
Luongo + Booth for Ovechkin
Speaking of bad contracts ............

3 way buy out anyone

Old
01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Not interested in Johansson at all. From Washington I'd be looking at John Carlson, Filip Forsberg, Evgeni Kuznetsov, 1st round pick. Some combination of that depending on which assets are coming back. Anything involving Kuznetsov would have to carry at least a conditional 1st round pick in the event he doesn't ever play a game in Vancouver.
Not sure if serious...

Old
01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11inter View Post
Because their goaltending has been so good this year?

How can adding a top 10 goalie in the NHL be the end of a team with goaltending problems?
1. It will ruin our salary cap situation. We barely fit next year as many guys have got (Brouwer) or will get (Holtby, Neuvirth, Johansson, Alzner, Wolski maybe) big increases.
2. Goaltending problems? What are you speaking about? Team having one of top-5 G prospects in the league and another good young goalie all of a sudden has goaltending problems? We may have allowed a lot in the first three games, but if you'd actually watch the goals, goaltending wasn't a problem, defense was. On the other hand, our goalies (most notably, Neuvirth) made a lot of great saves already. Again, defense struggles mightily with transition from Hunter's very simple, I'd even say dumb, "shell" when they were getting huge help from the forwards to more open Oates' system that relies on defensemen decision-making and hockey sense much more.
And yeah, 5 games (2 of which featured great goaltending by Neuvirth) is the reason to throw everything built in that area away and start from scratch getting overpaid "stars". Sure.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
wickedwitch

It's highly amusing to see people who have clearly watched at the most 5 minutes of the Caps this season comment on what their needs are.

The marginal value for the Caps from adding Luongo is much, much smaller than the cost. Trading for him by giving Vancouver anything of value would make the Caps worse, now and in the future.

Plus, it's the type of move that GMGM has never and will never make.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Not interested in Johansson at all. From Washington I'd be looking at John Carlson, Filip Forsberg, Evgeni Kuznetsov, 1st round pick. Some combination of that depending on which assets are coming back. Anything involving Kuznetsov would have to carry at least a conditional 1st round pick in the event he doesn't ever play a game in Vancouver.
You're going to be incredibly agitated if you think Lu returns a combination of the aforementioned. One? Sure, possible. But one is all.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
don't think he will say it, just want to know if you think he value would drop or not.
I think what would or could happen (in this unlikely scenario, IMO) is a "Luongo Auction" takes place (in a "trade me right now or I fling feces in the dressing room in protest" ultimatum)... Up to this point, I think it's been this is my asking price, meet it or don't...

If going to auction, I think it starts out really low... How high does it go? I don't know... But if starting really low, with no set limit (highest bidder wins, no fine print), I imagine that more than a few teams would be involved - if they could get Luongo for free (or close to free)... Make a bid... From there, few teams, yes we can afford to add in an X... Others, Yes, we can afford to add in a Y, etc... If televised, I'd expect a 48 hour long Luongo auction telethon!

Last edited by I in the Eye: 01-28-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Lers780

Luongo to Washington

To Washington:
Roberto Luongo
(Jordan Schoeder?)

To Vancouver:
Nicklas Backstrom
(Neuvirth/Holtby?)

The Caps look like they could use some help in the Goaltending department, and at the same time could free up a little cap space by getting rid of Backstrom's monster contract. Mike Ribero and Brooks Laich can resume #1 and #2 C positions if he were to leave. Signing Ribero to a extension would have to be done before making the trade though.

The Canucks need some depth at Center, and are hurting right now without Kesler. They need to get rid of Luongo and he most likely would waive his NTC to go to Washington because its so close to his family in Flordia and Washington has the ability to be a contending team with him in net.

Assuming Holtby or Neuvirth would be coming the other way the Canucks could give up Schroeder to give them a nice center prospect.

What do you guys think? Am I CooCoo for coco puffs?

Old
01-28-2013, 04:06 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Do any Islanders fans venture into this thread? Curious as to what they think about the state of their team (ie. if adding someone like Luongo would be a good fit assuming DiPietro were bought out or sent back). Also interested in what they'd be willing to move for Luongo. I think Lu to the Islanders could make sense for both sides.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Lers780

To Washington:
Roberto Luongo
(Jordan Schoeder?)

To Vancouver:
Nicklas Backstrom
(Neuvirth/Holtby?)

The Caps look like they could use some help in the Goaltending department, and at the same time could free up a little cap space by getting rid of Backstrom's monster contract. Mike Ribero and Brooks Laich can resume #1 and #2 C positions if he were to leave. Signing Ribero to a extension would have to be done before making the trade though.

The Canucks need some depth at Center, and are hurting right now without Kesler. They need to get rid of Luongo and he most likely would waive his NTC to go to Washington because its so close to his family in Flordia and Washington has the ability to be a contending team with him in net.

Assuming Holtby or Neuvirth would be coming the other way the Canucks could give up Schroeder to give them a nice center prospect.

What do you guys think? Am I CooCoo for coco puffs?

Old
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Washington hangs up immediately.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Backstrom is a #1C. That is a harder hole to fill than a #1G. Value isn't close.

Closed Thread