HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread 10.0 : 'Is today the day?' Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 03:17 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobias Industries View Post
PK is not likely to get hurt? Famous last words.

No, signing less in the short term is never better. It leaves you open to all sorts of uncertainty and no one but you and Marc Bergevin would agree to that.

You must be a people manager somewhere with that outlook on compensation.
2 years off a shortened season with 43 games left is not the same as if he was dealing in June expecting to start the contract in October. Price did the bridge and got paid off, I don't see why PK couldn't take the challenge.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
L.A. Lariviere ‏@L_A_theRiver
The latest from Habs D PK Subban: Agent Don Meehan, his client and family will discuss the current situation and move closer to decision.

Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs
#Habs GM Bergevin will scrum w/ media tomorrow at 5:30 pm pregame Bell Centre after student bursary presentation

To announce Subban signing?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The latest from Habs D PK Subban: Agent Don Meehan, his client and family will discuss the current situation and move closer to decision.

Just. Make. A. Decision. Already.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

But going beyond simply saying no thanks, we have no need for another bottom 6 guy with the bottom 6 we have, we're fine. And Luke Schenn is not an improvement on anyone we have, except Weber and I would hate to trade a potential all-star to get a better healthy scratch. Our bottom 6 and defense are fine atm.

Actually, TODAY, we have no needs. Whatsoever. So again, let PK rot if he wants to be traded, unless a team is willing to give us one asset that is better than him and would be our best asset at his position. This team shouldn't be in the business of helping other teams anymore.

Another rumor, Detroit & NYR are interested. Well, I like Justin Abdelkader just fine but he's not good enough to be worth PK. Their interesting players are in their 30's, they are too old. Detroit = not good trading partners. NYR, I get McDonagh or they don't get PK, and PK keeps rotting.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:

Old
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Erik Estrada
Nik Scherbak

Quote:

#Habs GM Bergevin will scrum w/ media tomorrow at 5:30 pm pregame Bell Centre after student bursary presentation

:
Time for the Montreal media to find out: 1- what Subban's decision is and 2- what Bergevin will announce in the scrum tomorrow. 24 hours to come up with the big scoop. Fans don't want to wait. Do it boys and girls!!!

Old
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Time for the Montreal media to find out what Subban's decision is and what Bergevin will announce in the scrum tomorrow. 24 hours to come up with the big scoop. Fans don't want to wait. Do it boys and girls!!!
Whatever is decided, I am pretty sure Stubbs will now right away .. he seems tight with the Subban family and Subban himself. But he will not release the info until they tell him he can

Old
01-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
But going beyond simply saying no thanks, we have no need for another bottom 6 guy with the bottom 6 we have, we're fine. And Luke Schenn is not an improvement on anyone we have, except Weber. Our bottom 6 and defense are fine atm.

Actually, TODAY, we have no needs. Whatsoever. So again, let PK rot if he wants to be traded, unless a team is willing to give us one asset that is better than him and would be our best asset at his position. This team shouldn't be in the business of helping other teams anymore.

Another rumor, Detroit & NYR are interested. Well, I like Justin Abdelkader just fine but he's not good enough to be worth PK. Their interesting players are in their 30's, they are too old. Detroit = not good trading partners. NYR, I get McDonagh or they don't get PK, and PK keeps rotting.
McDonagh is slightly better (steadier) defensively, but quite weaker offensively. + he is a leftie shot, something we have in surplus in the organisation.

If Detroit adds Xavier Ouellet, that will be already a bit more acceptable. Abdelkader is a tough sob to play against.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:25 PM
JustAHabFan

If MB trade PK for Talbot and L. Schenn, I will not be surprised one bit.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Ollie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Surprised we haven't heard anything yet today, should've had plenty of time to make a decision by now. C'mon PK, be a sport and sign up.
Maybe that was a decision in itself?

Plus, trades take time to complete.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:28 PM
HomaridII

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
No talks between MTL & Subban's camp today. PK & his fam are meeting w/ his agents again tonight; talks w/ MTL should resume later this week

Old
Cupmonger

Quote:

To announce Subban signing?
OH COME THE **** ON!

Didn't he consult his family during the week end? I realize that the deal probably changed and wants to talk again. I'm so ****ing fed up of waiting on a decision.

If that's the latest news, I get the very strong impression it's to discuss a trade destination.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If MB trade PK for Talbot and L. Schenn, I will not be surprised one bit.
Not to be dramatic, but that would have the potential to be the third worst trade in Habs history.

Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it would really have the potential to be a stinker.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
OH COME THE **** ON!

Didn't he consult his family during the week end? I realize that the deal probably changed and wants to talk again. I'm so ****ing fed up of waiting on a decision.

If that's the latest news, I get the very strong impression it's to discuss a trade destination.
Just got a feeling that PK would accept a short term contract IF the money is right. that is probably what they are discussing right now: the $$$.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Sweeney

they have the brothers Schenn so i don't think they will trade Schenn anyway

Old
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Not to be dramatic, but that would have the potential to be the third worst trade in Habs history.

Ok, maybe that's a little dramatic, but it would really have the potential to be a stinker.
For the Flyers, it would be hard to do that trade. Maxime Talbot has a hell of a heart, plays hard for his team, good PK'er and from Quebec. Luke Schenn? Probably the most underrated defenseman on our lineup.

And both are real good poker players, so I don't know.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:32 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
OH COME THE **** ON!

He's probably waiting to make his decision until the habs lose their next game. Probably sitting at home glued to the TV yelling everytime Markov scores.

Markov is the new Newman? MARKOV!

Old
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
For the Flyers, it would be hard to do that trade. Maxime Talbot has a hell of a heart, plays hard for his team, good PK'er and from Quebec. Luke Schenn? Probably the most underrated defenseman on our lineup.

I don't want a trade with the Flyers. I still have nighmares about the Desjardins/LeClair/Dionne trade to them.

Schenn is a RH d-man which is good and hits like a train, which is even better.
Tabot is a born leader with the biggest heart, and can play any forward positions on the bottom two lines. I can see Prust and him creating havoc in the opponent's zone, killing penalties, and so on.

But....

Old
01-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Habsawce

Quote:

?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Knuckles30

If you're going to pick up Luke Schenn at 4 yrs $3.6M, why not just offer that money to Subban?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
?
I've got to play the role of a Flyers fan for the next two weeks, seeing I'm sporting this sexy avatar...

So yes, we would also like Eller in that deal.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:39 PM
e46330ivs*

Montreal fans, here is an example of why you dont sign PK for more than 2 years. There was this d-man who was predicted to be a Norris trophy winner for years, the next Chris Pronger. His rookie year was full of hi-lights, goals and hits, and the second year was even better. He eventually signed an extention for serious term and serious money.......Dion Phaneuf. Would you trade for Dion Phaneuf now? No, but after his ELC? Yes every team wanted him. That is the purpose of the bridge contract. If Dion had signed a bridge deal, do you think he would be getting the money and stupid term he has now? report this comment

taken from a post on TSN, my feelings exactly.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
I've got to play the role of a Flyers fan for the next two weeks, seeing I'm sporting this sexy avatar...

So yes, we would also like Eller in that deal.
Subban + Eller

for

Couturier and Luke Schenn

Does it make more sense ?

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles30 View Post
If you're going to pick up Luke Schenn at 4 yrs $3.6M, why not just offer that money to Subban?
He was being facetious.

Old
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Just got a feeling that PK would accept a short term contract IF the money is right. that is probably what they are discussing right now: the $$$.
As far as we know, the money offered hasn't changed. Unless there's been changes. Even though there was a leaked value, we don't know what's going on at this moment. So you may be right. But I don'T get the strong feeling it's for the money.

I really hope he signs.

Closed Thread