HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks vs Canucks pt 2

Old
01-28-2013, 02:06 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah but they need to give Petrecki a shot before they go trading Murray. If Petrecki can play at an NHL level than losing Murray isn't too big a deal. Petrecki is a big hitter and tough too, not as tough as Murray of course (who is?) but good enough. It's not like we have a passive Blue line anyway, Boyle is insane for a little man, Burns is huge, and Stuart is pretty tough too.
I'm hoping Petrecki will get a game just to see if he at all looks like he belongs. But I doubt it, with Irwin already getting big minutes. What if, just what if, something like the Boyle magic unstoppable nose-bleed happens in the 3rd against a team like Vancouver, and we aren't winning? That leaves us with Vlasic, Start, Braun, Irwin, and Petrecki playing big minutes in a big situation.

Although, now that I think about it, it would probably be Irwin sitting for Petrecki, not Murray.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmors View Post
Boyle, Burns, Irwin, Demers, Braun, Stewart, Vlassic, Murray. Thats crazy deep defense.

Boyle - Irwin
Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Demers/Braun

Murray's contract is up at the end of the year, maybe trade him at the deadline for a bottom 6 forward or a pick?
You do not breakup the Vlasic Stuart tandem, that is one of the best shutdown pairs I've seen in a long time! and at this point Murray and Braun are also playing well, some tough decisions when Demers and Burns get back.....

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
It's funny because last year the big debate was who can/should we trade Braun or Demers? Now we can trade both!
I know you were being sarcastic, but if Irwin continues, he is just basically going to replace Murray on the third pairing, with him being left handed. When Burns gets back, it will be good to see and either Demers or Braun form a very good bottom pairing.

Question for the Worcester followers: Did Irwin look like his game would translate nicely to the NHL, or was this a bit of surprise?

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
do0glas

boyle-irwin
vlasic-stuart
burns-braun/murray

lulz. probably have my sides messed up.

heres the dilemma as i see it.

boyle is free to do a lot of offense with irwin. with burns maybe it becomes more balanced, but less potent.

vlasic and stuart are shutdown, great defenders, and they both have contributed offensively.

braun and murray...meh, but burns and braun could really wreak havoc on immobile 4th line grinders. so do you put burns and boyle together? or do we go boyle vlasic burns stuart.

given how everything has shaped up, its hard to say.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

There's no reason at all to keep Stuart and Vlasic together at even strength when Burns gets back, let alone when Demers gets back. I dislike them together for the reason that we need a better puck-mover on the pairing than Stuart.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Braun/Demers/Boyle
Irwin/Braun/Demers-Braun/Demers
Murray/Irwin/Braun

That's how it'd go for me, depending on if the coaches wanted to keep Irwin in.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Dwight Schrude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
There's no reason at all to keep Stuart and Vlasic together at even strength when Burns gets back, let alone when Demers gets back. I dislike them together for the reason that we need a better puck-mover on the pairing than Stuart.

Vlasic-Burns
Murray/Irwin/Braun

I honestly think we should keep Vlasic and Staurt together. Stuart is actually pretty good at moving the puck. He belongs with Vlasic. They sinply just shut down the opposing teams lines.. These 2 really go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
I honestly think we should keep Vlasic and Staurt together. Stuart is actually pretty good at moving the puck. He belongs with Vlasic. They sinply just shut down the opposing teams lines.. These 2 really go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I'm curious if there is anywhere to see if it was in fact Vlasic/Stuart that shut down the Sedins. Something along the lines of "Vlasic/Stuart were on the ice for 75% of the Sedins' ice time".

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
I don't think it would be wise to put Burns and Boyle together and Demers and Braun together. You need at least one very good defensive guy with Burns and Boyle since they both like to pinch.

Burns Vlasc/Stuart
Boyle Vlasic/Stuart
Demers/Braun Murray/Petrecki

I have Petrecki there since I think they will send down Irwin so they won't risk losing Petrecki by putting him on waivers. One of Murray, Braun, Demers, or Petrecki will be traded IMO to have only 7 dmen on the roster and Irwin available to be called up.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
I'm curious if there is anywhere to see if it was in fact Vlasic/Stuart that shut down the Sedins. Something along the lines of "Vlasic/Stuart were on the ice for 75% of the Sedins' ice time".
I believe it was. They were invisible last night.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Add me to the crowd that likes Vlasic - Stuart together. Why break up a good thing? For the record, Stuart is a +8 and Vlasic a +6, and neither have been a minus in any game so far.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:13 PM
hateseed
TentacleGrapeSoda

A minor aside, but I enjoy that the Chicago fans are penciling in the Sharks game as a loss. I was doing the opposite frankly.

hateseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
magic school bus

Quote:

Vlasic-Burns
Murray/Irwin/Braun

Stuart plays on the right side. That's why he's there. (Replacing RD, Brent Burns)

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Stuart plays on the right side. That's why he's there. (Replacing RD, Brent Burns)
Stuey's just as capable on the left side though.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:35 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

another vote for Vlasic-Stuart

01-28-2013, 03:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
another vote for Vlasic-Stuart
Okay, then how do you comprise the rest of the defense, drawing from Burns, Boyle, Demers, Braun, Murray, and Irwin?

Old
01-28-2013, 03:49 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Okay, then how do you comprise the rest of the defense, drawing from Burns, Boyle, Demers, Braun, Murray, and Irwin?
I'm with you, just because something works doesn't mean it's the best option. Stuart seems like an ideal partner for Boyle frankly, which was kind of what it sounded like was the plan.

Stuart - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
Irwin/Braun/Murray - Demers

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I'm with you, just because something works doesn't mean it's the best option. Stuart seems like an ideal partner for Boyle frankly, which was kind of what it sounded like was the plan.

Stuart - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
Thank you. When we acquired stuart that's exactly what I imagined, him playing with Boyle.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:55 PM
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck

Quote:

Stuart - Boyle
Vlasic - Burns
This is such an awful problem to have!

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Boyle-Irwin
Burns-Demers

never thought that Boyle and Burns should be paired

SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Thank you. When we acquired stuart that's exactly what I imagined, him playing with Boyle.
I think people are forgetting just how good Vlasic - Burns was last year, and Boyle (who plays fairly well with anyone) would be playing with probably the best defensive partner he has ever had.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
I think people are forgetting just how good Vlasic - Burns was last year, and Boyle (who plays fairly well with anyone) would be playing with probably the best defensive partner he has ever had.
I remember them not being very good. Burns was a liability in his own zone and Vlasic had to play babysitter. He is skating free with Stuart and it shows in his game

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Boyle-Irwin
Burns-Demers
Is no one else remembering the Demers-Burns disaster? Just me? Demers cannot play the left side at all, and Burns isn't as good when he does.

Quote:
Exactly. Vlasic-Burns was dominant. They had two of the best Rel Corsi's in the league despite playing shutdown minutes. Imagine how good they could be with Burns familiar with the system.

As for Stuart, Vlasic is better, but Stuart is close and he's more physical than Vlasic, so he's a better match for Boyle.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
WantonAbandon

Honestly with Burns back the only change neccessary would be to put Burns with Murray and move Braun with Boyle. Send Irwin back to the A; otherwise the Sharks lose at least one D to waivers.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:03 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Honestly with Burns back the only change neccessary would be to put Burns with Murray and move Braun with Boyle.
Are you ******** me? Healthy, this team should not be icing Murray. Have you forgotten how horrible Murray was last season and this season so far? Have you forgotten how Burns had to play offense AND defense on that pairing because Murray can't protect Burns when he jumps up? Burns is faster getting back than Murray even when Burns is in the offensive zone and Murray is at the blueline. Hell no, we're not saddling our best defenseman with the anchor that is Douglas Murray.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Are you ******** me? Healthy, this team should not be icing Murray. Have you forgotten how horrible Murray was last season and this season so far? Have you forgotten how Burns had to play offense AND defense on that pairing because Murray can't protect Burns when he jumps up? Burns is faster getting back than Murray even when Burns is in the offensive zone and Murray is at the blueline. Hell no, we're not saddling our best defenseman with the anchor that is Douglas Murray.
If the coaching staff agreed with you they wouldn't be giving Murray such a heavy load. Although it is still early and Robinson may still be testing the waters a bit but my eyes aren't liying and neither are the numbers. However if it makes you feel better Irwin being a left handed shot does put a spin on things.