HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Smelling Salt

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
Finally got some time to hit up DXP. Was just a laggy mess for me in the hour I played (PS3). I think since it came out I had only seen two or three host migrations. Tonight there were five or six. And all those times, after it migrated the host had four bars and everyone else three lol.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Just 31 headshots away with the Chicom.Only played for about 6 hours today and gained over 30 levels

I find going with Primary Gunfighter on the Chicom with Refex+Laser Sight+Long Barrel seem pretty good for getting headshots shooting from the hip.I kind of felt dirty permanently unlocking the Chicom with token but I didn't feel like waiting for level 37 to try to get the headshots.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:31 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Hit a stealth chopper with my RPG. Can't get a triple to save my life though. I've had 30 double kills since unlocking all but the x3 camo. Can't get 3. It's all I need for diamond and I just can't get it. I'll probably finish the S12 first.

Ending Double XP weekend at 6th prestige LVL46 from 5th prestige LVL 41. not bad.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:49 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Got to prestige 7 yesterday. Diamond SMG's, gold Type 25, AN94 and FAL. Nearly gold SCAR. In a game that is SMG centric, AR's can be a *****. I think I'll try Hardcore like some people are suggesting.

I can't play without Toughness. If I take it off, each time I get shot, it's as if my player is having a convulsion. Most useless perks IMO are Hardwired, and the last three Type 3 perks (Extreme conditioning, Dead Silence and Awareness). Fast Hands is good if you have two primary guns. Scavenger for guns like the Skorpion, Blind Eye is good to avoid those stupid Hunter Killers. I usually go with Toughness, Flak Jacket or Ghost and Tac Mask or Engineer.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:50 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Hit a stealth chopper with my RPG. Can't get a triple to save my life though. I've had 30 double kills since unlocking all but the x3 camo. Can't get 3. It's all I need for diamond and I just can't get it. I'll probably finish the S12 first.

Ending Double XP weekend at 6th prestige LVL46 from 5th prestige LVL 41. not bad.
Try Groundwar or Objective games like Demolition or Hardpoint?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
I got the gold camo on the KAP-40 last night. Now all the guns I use are gold.

01-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Snipeshow

I played way too much this weekend. I'm usually away double XP weekends (somehow always works out that way) so I really wanted to level up a lot as who knows if I'll get another opportunity.

Went from level 51 4th prestige to level 23 6th prestige. Woops.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

I ended up taking down some guy's VTOL with the RPG to finally diamond the launchers. It was on nuketown and he only managed a single kill before it went down.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
My goodness, got the iron sights for the Ballista yesterday... that's the funnest I've had in Cod in a long time. Really brings you back

Old
01-28-2013, 12:50 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
My goodness, got the iron sights for the Ballista yesterday... that's the funnest I've had in Cod in a long time. Really brings you back
I'm dissapointed that it's not available for all sniper rifles.

But once I get to the appropriate level, I'm going to work on getting that. Just seems like too much of a hoot.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:46 PM
southpaw24

was a solid 2XP weekend for me went from 12 0r 13 5th prestige to 23 or 24 6th prestige. lots of crappy/laggy/host migration games since new update though

Old
01-28-2013, 04:12 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Try Groundwar or Objective games like Demolition or Hardpoint?
Well I played a lot of Nuketown last weekend. My best chances came during Headquarters. Hardpoint there would be like one guy at the hardpoint per...possession. Nobody stayed together. Might as well have been called Team Deathmatch with squatting incentives.

There was like 2 different times where there'd be 3 in a row but one would have flak jacket. This hunt has not been good for my KD.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Maps out tomorrow although I'm wondering what time. Probably 5 AM CST.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Going to my friend's house to try Die Rise. Probably gonna suck from what I've heard about it. I can wait till March until the multiplayer maps come out, though Grind seems like it would be a blast.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Well I played a lot of Nuketown last weekend. My best chances came during Headquarters. Hardpoint there would be like one guy at the hardpoint per...possession. Nobody stayed together. Might as well have been called Team Deathmatch with squatting incentives.

There was like 2 different times where there'd be 3 in a row but one would have flak jacket. This hunt has not been good for my KD.
Yeah, HQ works too. Everyone will be going to the same area of the map so you'll have to just spot some that are coming down a line of sight and pray. I don't know if i'm even going to bother with the RPG. I have gold FHJ and SMAW. I'll see if I'm up for it.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Yeah, HQ works too. Everyone will be going to the same area of the map so you'll have to just spot some that are coming down a line of sight and pray. I don't know if i'm even going to bother with the RPG. I have gold FHJ and SMAW. I'll see if I'm up for it.
If I knew it would be this hard I wouldn't have started but it's the only thing separating me from another class of diamond camos. I'm gonna try to do it on Chaos Moshpit/Hijacked.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Krishna

I don't know what it is about the sniper rifles..

I always seem to just barely miss the one hit kill spot and that usually ends up getting me killed.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
So whats everyone's feelings on new map packs.

The biggest negative for me is that all the elite players almost always move on to the new maps while noobs and casual players may or may not want to spend the extra cash.

Every time I have picked up new maps in other FPS games i tend to have a crappier gaming experience because i always end up (lets say 90% of my games) on a team against super clans where i constantly and thoroughly get my ass kicked. I rarely play in a full clan so it's hard to continually go up against an organized group and even be somewhat successful.

Not to mention the lag & lag compensation issues most of us have been experiencing with Black Ops 2. I can see this issue becoming more prevalent as the pool of players gets spread into the new map lobbies.

I am really on the fence with this time around. The new maps look interesting but every time i bought the new map pack (MW 3 and Crysis 2) i always ended up kicking myself for spending the extra money and not being satisfied.

Thoughts?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:24 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Going to my friend's house to try Die Rise. Probably gonna suck from what I've heard about it. I can wait till March until the multiplayer maps come out, though Grind seems like it would be a blast.
It looks as big as Tranzit so I'm not sure it's going to suck.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I don't know what it is about the sniper rifles..

I always seem to just barely miss the one hit kill spot and that usually ends up getting me killed.
You'll have a better time rocking the more powerful SR's (bolt action one especially).

With that, aim center mass and it's an almost guarantee you're get the OHK. With the semi-auto SR's, it's going to be alot tougher.

Unless you play HC, then any SR is a OHK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
So whats everyone's feelings on new map packs.

The biggest negative for me is that all the elite players almost always move on to the new maps while noobs and casual players may or may not want to spend the extra cash.

Every time I have picked up new maps in other FPS games i tend to have a crappier gaming experience because i always end up (lets say 90% of my games) on a team against super clans where i constantly and thoroughly get my ass kicked. I rarely play in a full clan so it's hard to continually go up against an organized group and even be somewhat successful.

Thoughts?
That's usually the case. But you'll still see alot of non-hardcore gamers get the map packs. I usually run solo or with my good RL buddy, and we do more than fine once a map pack comes out. Though, when we enter a lobby and see a bunch of guys with elite clan tags, we normally back out because we don't want to bother.

Worse comes to worse, wait a month and get it at the same time as the ps3 players. You'll have more less committed gamers catching up and getting the map pack and it will be a less stressful time.

Though, I do like to get the map packs right away to learn the maps before the rest.

I also just realized that MW3 was the first COD I never got a map pack for. Got pretty tired of that game quickly.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post

I am really on the fence with this time around. The new maps look interesting but every time i bought the new map pack (MW 3 and Crysis 2) i always ended up kicking myself for spending the extra money and not being satisfied.

Thoughts?
I've found that the first couple map packs are usually pretty decent, whereas the next two usually suck...

regardless, the maps in this one are so stale already, i might HAVE to purchase the DLC

Old
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Yeah, the current maps suck for the most part, so I'm probably going to buy this pack.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Am I the only one who generally likes some of the more hated maps on this game? I actually like Carrier, Drone, Express, Hijacked, Meltdown, and Raid...depending on the game I can appreciate plaza as it looks really nice. Black ops had Nuketown, Firing Range, Array, Summit, and Villa. The rest were pretty awful. Stadium was pretty cool though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
It looks as big as Tranzit so I'm not sure it's going to suck.
Not a lot of space. Ample opportunities to fall and just die if you zone out or jump wrong. Perks are hard to acquire. Smells like a Shangri la type disappointment. And how do you know how big it is? I've been trying to find gameplay videos all day

Last edited by DuckJet: 01-28-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Finally got around to that whole port forwarding thing, and boy oh boy. Four bars all the time, though, I think I'm starting to notice a bit more of the lag compensation effect

Which means, I was probably the guy pissing you all off before today

Any one have any hail mary tips? I want that humiliation calling card so bad.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Not a lot of space. Ample opportunities to fall and just die if you zone out or jump wrong. Perks are hard to acquire. Smells like a Shangri la type disappointment. And how do you know how big it is? I've been trying to find gameplay videos all day
If it's easy it will be boring. Just from the trailer, they cited several large buildings. Some sort of transport system is mentioned but who knows. The infected mode looks hilarious but I'm sure it will get old quick. The humans get rotating guns similar to the gun game but they don't necessarily get better.

Closed Thread