HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boychuk

Old
01-28-2013, 04:21 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Boychuk

Bostons Johnny Boychuk

2 scenarios

1. his value now and at the dealine (his NMC changes a few times between jan 1st 2013 and july1st 2013 including at the deadline)

2. his value should the Bs be confident they can get Yandle, Subban or similar player coming in a seperate trade (especially yandle since PHO has a pretty good crop of D already)

please answer for 1 and 2.

Last edited by oilinblood: 01-28-2013 at 04:45 PM.
oilinblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
jayhamm

vCash: 50
Bummer. I came here looking for a Zach Boychuk thread. What a fool I was.

jayhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
We're only trading him, or any defenseman, if we get a better one back.

Our D-corps is very fragile outside of our top-6. Johnson has played well, and he's made it a bit better, but Boychuk can play anywhere from 20-30 minutes a night with a very sound defensive and offensive game. He's more fit for a 7th dman role for when Ference/McQuaid get injured, which happens a lot.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Metro Misfits
Misfits of the Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhamm View Post
Bummer. I came here looking for a Zach Boychuk thread. What a fool I was.
Same here.

Metro Misfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:35 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Our D-corps is very fragile outside of our top-6. Johnson has played well, and he's made it a bit better, but Boychuk can play anywhere from 20-30 minutes a night with a very sound defensive and offensive game. He's more fit for a 7th dman role for when Ference/McQuaid get injured, which happens a lot.
any interest in Petry?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:06 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Bostons Johnny Boychuk

2 scenarios

1. his value now and at the dealine (his NMC changes a few times between jan 1st 2013 and july1st 2013 including at the deadline)

2. his value should the Bs be confident they can get Yandle, Subban or similar player coming in a seperate trade (especially yandle since PHO has a pretty good crop of D already)

please answer for 1 and 2.
I think they would only consider moving Boychuk if they were getting an upgrade.

If they were to add a guy like Yandle I still wouldn't be sure that they would trade Boychuk because Andrew Ference will be an UFA in the off season.

The team likes Boychuk a lot, he can eat up a lot of minutes and play a pretty solid game and I wouldn't want to guess what they would require to move him but I just get a feeling it would be more than anyone would want to pay.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Makes sense.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Why would we trade him? We don't need a PMD anymore and a top four is damn solid with him in it. We should be looking at a number 6 Dman or defensive depth, not trading one of our top 4...

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:41 AM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
Why would we trade him? We don't need a PMD anymore and a top four is damn solid with him in it. We should be looking at a number 6 Dman or defensive depth, not trading one of our top 4...
there was talk Boychuk would be available when BOS was looking into Yandle and other options in the summer.
I think he is a great defenseman and is a specific type of player that either fits your need or not. He isnt one of the flashy ones that gets alll the HF attention but he does what he does and brings the game he always brings. I know his NMC is changing on a quarterly basis right up to january next year.

It would also tie in to how quickly a couple of the prospects can move up. Hamilton has looked better than i ever thought (in such a short period). Eventually you move people so other people get the ice time to progress. it happens or players development years get wasted.

My opinion is that the Bs didnt do all that chit-chatting with GMs for top D-men just to have hot tub discussions.

Old
01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
don

IMO, Not For Sale

don is offline   Reply With Quote