HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where are all the people who bad mouthed Bourque?

Old
01-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Actually yeah... only he was more consistent than Bourque was. Then again he had better tools and was the bigger dissapointment.
Yet I loved him with all my heart
Damn you AK, YOU WE'RE THE CHOSEN ONE.GIF

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

in general, i give people the benifit of the doubt, almost to the point where i get walked on sometimes. so yeah i reserved my judgement. i knew he sucked last year, but was counting on that being due something legit. if he isn't scoring yet, he's definately making room for his teamates and setting up some rebounds

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

AK had more pure skills IMHO. Plus higher expectations from his draft status, which also contributes to the frustration levels. At any rate, both are reasonable options on your roster, at the $3M-ish cap hit figure, esp. when you have the size/skill limitations the Habs have. As long as they perform at something approximating their usual levels. Which Bourque failed absymally at reaching in his demi-season with the Habs. But you can find demi-season mega-slumps in AK's portfolio too. If Bourque shows the demi-season in the abyss was an anomaly, that'd be nice and we'll all forgive him. Heck, we might even thank him for contributing to the AGally addition.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
I'm here. So far, even though he hasnt scored, he's making me eat my words, but consistency is his main weakness, so I'll keep being a doubter until the end of the season tbh.

JayKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Quote:
AK had more pure skills IMHO. Plus higher expectations from his draft status, which also contributes to the frustration levels. At any rate, both are reasonable options on your roster, at the $3M-ish cap hit figure, esp. when you have the size/skill limitations the Habs have. As long as they perform at something approximating their usual levels. Which Bourque failed absymally at reaching in his demi-season with the Habs. But you can find demi-season mega-slumps in AK's portfolio too. If Bourque shows the demi-season in the abyss was an anomaly, that'd be nice and we'll all forgive him. Heck, we might even thank him for contributing to the AGally addition.
R.I.P. A.K.

I too was a huge AK fan. For some reason he just seemed to have "it". His shot's were crisp, he could dangle, cheque. But alas, he never really lived up to the hype. Bought his jersey just before he got traded lol.

On topic though, Bourque is a player we should all be happy to have. If you thought eric cole could drive into the offensive zone, Renee Bourque can do it faster, dragging two defense men from his ankles.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I like most people here hated his game last year. He is playing a lot better, but how did he ever score any goals? The man cannot hit the net. He has 9 missed shots and 10 shots on goal. Sure Armstrong is worth with 5 missed shots and only 1 on goal, but I can't see Armstrong being here passed this short season.

I hated Bourque, because he sucked last year and we traded Mike for him. He has played a lot better, but for how long?

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
I like most people here hated his game last year. He is playing a lot better, but how did he ever score any goals? The man cannot hit the net. He has 9 missed shots and 10 shots on goal. Sure Armstrong is worth with 5 missed shots and only 1 on goal, but I can't see Armstrong being here passed this short season.

I hated Bourque, because he sucked last year and we traded Mike for him. He has played a lot better, but for how long?
I think Bourques contribution is more than what you see on the score sheet. he's setting examples, he's opening things up for gio and pleky.
Also the overtime game winning goal against jersey yesterday. When Markov streaked down to the slot and bourque went up as the one man on the point, I don't know wether it was intended that desharnais hit the streaking Markov into the slot, or if the intention was to hit bourque on the point to blast one. either way this show's that the coach's have faith in that guy and are willing to bet a game on him (because god knows habs would'nt have had a chance in the shoot out) and it worked out. go bourque.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Kirk Muller

His effort has definitely been there but after only four games and putting up two assists, I dont really consider him being great or making anyone eat crow.

Its four games. Hopefully he continues and thus production follows butl lets actually see him pot a few goals and play consistently well for a prolonged stretch not the first four games of the year that for many teams have basically been preseason like.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Would much rather have had AK on that line. I think he would've fit with them much better.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Chili

Bourque was on pace to get around 27 goals again last season in Calgary. He was criticized for not being more physical and when he did he got a long suspension. Then he got traded before he got back from the suspension right into the Habs mess of last season.

I hope they give him a chance in the shootouts because he has been good there in the past.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
The man cannot hit the net.
Seriously.

That shot on the partial break on Brodeur must've been 4 feet wide. I would rather see him put it in his pads than try and pick a corner like that and end up missing the net.

That being said, his overall game has been very solid so far this season. Here's hoping he keeps it up.

ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

To be fair, the Bourque hate was more than warranted last season.

This year's Bourque is definitely showing more hustle - if only he could hit the net!

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

he's been good so far. but it's early and he's always been inconsistent. why post in a thread that is just begging to be necro'd when he's back to sucking?

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I still miss AK.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
R.I.P. A.K.

I too was a huge AK fan. For some reason he just seemed to have "it". His shot's were crisp, he could dangle, cheque. But alas, he never really lived up to the hype. Bought his jersey just before he got traded lol.

On topic though, Bourque is a player we should all be happy to have. If you thought eric cole could drive into the offensive zone, Renee Bourque can do it faster, dragging two defense men from his ankles.
Yes he can.

But... he doesn't. And that's the problem.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Will never understand that kind of thread. People who were bashing Bourque last year....were right to do so. Bourque had only him to blame for him being bashed. Now, he's working hard.

But just remember something....he is on the 2nd line. HE HAS to contribute offensively and score. If not, he's not doing his job on the 2nd line. So let's wait before giving him a 7-year extension...

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:58 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So let's wait before giving him a 7-year extension...
Agreed Whitesnake, we should definitely sign him to a bridge contract

McTusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Yes he can.

But... he doesn't. And that's the problem.
I saw him do it twice against jersey. granted he did miss the net after it.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:59 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Who said he shouldn't be traded?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Jigger77

Quote:

He's getting chances and generating them by moving his feet and using his size. I.E not being a lazy coasting passenger like last year. It's only a matter of time until they start going in if he keeps playing that way.

And for those bringing up AK. There's a reason he's not in the NHL anymore. Sure he probably has more talent than Bourque, and he showed brief flashes of brilliance, but he was never really able to bring it on a regular basis. Why that is, who knows.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Lucky Luke

I'm not a big Bourque fan.
He's been so inconsistent throughout his career.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
He's getting chances and generating them by moving his feet and using his size. I.E not being a lazy coasting passenger like last year. It's only a matter of time until they start going in if he keeps playing that way.

And for those bringing up AK. There's a reason he's not in the NHL anymore. Sure he probably has more talent than Bourque, and he showed brief flashes of brilliance, but he was never really able to bring it on a regular basis. Why that is, who knows.
I think a big reason is that he never really played with a top flight center. If we had a superstar center for him to play with his game probably would've come along. Look at what happened with Leclair once he suited up with Lindros. The very day we deal him he turns into a superstar. Not having top flight talent to play along with the AKs and Higgins and Savages that we've had over the years has really hurt us.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
I think a big reason is that he never really played with a top flight center. If we had a superstar center for him to play with his game probably would've come along. Look at what happened with Leclair once he suited up with Lindros. The very day we deal him he turns into a superstar. Not having top flight talent to play along with the AKs and Higgins and Savages that we've had over the years has really hurt us.
It didn't help that's for sure. But I'm not sure it explains the lack of consistency. He could be the best player on the ice or close for 3-4 games, fast, physical, producing offensively etc. And then just nothing for the next 3-4 games.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Im right here! lol he's been playing well but we still need to see some goals! same from cole and dd.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:55 PM
DaHabMan

here....but hes ONLY played 4 games...well talk at the end of tje season to see how he did. plus...i remember flames fans sayi g hes very streaky...so hes going to go through a cold streak...well see if hes able to get out of that, which he wasnt able to last season

DaHabMan is online now   Reply With Quote