HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XLI)

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
16 To Stanley*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Redden even rating played with Pietrangelo 21 min . How was this guy so bad for NYR and now playing top pairing minutes on one of best teams in the league now ?
NYR are almost as much of a mush as the NY Jets
Either you watch very little of the Jets or the Rangers. I'm hoping the former, because, while the Rangers seem a little out of it right now, they will be fine and are actually a well run organization (it took a while to get there but they are now). As for the Jets, they are a huge mess. Sanchez is awful, Ryan is a clown who allows his players to talk **** about each other, etc. I remember watching a press conference this year when someone bad mouthed tebow and Ryan backed him up. I was thinking in my head, if that was Torts the player would be gone in a heartbeat.

Torts got here and cleaned house. Anyone that had even a bit of a me-first mentality was sent packing. He's turned this organization around.

I had season tickets and had to watch Redden be brutal on that contract for 2 years. The 6.5 mil was the only reason he wasn't sent down earlier. He was awful, slow and got outplayed on a daily basis by Staal, MDZ (in his first year), Girardi, etc.

If you think the organization made a mistake by dumping him or sending him to the minors the last two years, then you didn't watch when he was here. If he rejuvenates himself in a new place, with little to no pressure, by all means, i'm happy for him. But he couldn't cut it as a ranger.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Dorado*

Someone's sarcasm meter is turned off . As a season ticket holder for. 27 heads 7 in a row if which they missed the PO I beg to differ about a well run organization . 1994 was a long time ago . Redden sucks no kidding , however I find it amusing that now he is playing on a team one of te favorites to win the cup .

Old
01-28-2013, 10:59 AM
Dorado*

People on here take them selves way to serious . HF boards GM syndrome . No one said Redenn was any good here but it's news that after eating his salary for last 2 years and now buying him out he's playing over 20 m a night with one if best D men in the league on one of best defenses in league.
Put on irony and sarcasm meter

Old
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
People on here take them selves way to serious . HF boards GM syndrome . No one said Redenn was any good here but it's news that after eating his salary for last 2 years and now buying him out he's playing over 20 m a night with one if best D men in the league on one of best defenses in league.
Put on irony and sarcasm meter
I don't get what that has to do with anything. He's on the most defensive system in the entire NHL. It was a brilliant move on his part to sign there.

If he wasn't any good, why would we keep him. On top of that, his salary couldn't fit on our NHL roster. He was the 10% overage in the off season and then was sent down to make room for the guys who could stay.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Levitate

It still irritates me just a bit that the Rangers didn't take Tarasenko...while almost everyone was talking about how they passed up on Fowler, I really wanted Tarasenko badly

I hope McIlrath does well but even if he reaches his potential I have a feeling I"m going to compare the two and always feel like they should have drafted Tarasenko

Old
01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It still irritates me just a bit that the Rangers didn't take Tarasenko...while almost everyone was talking about how they passed up on Fowler, I really wanted Tarasenko badly

I hope McIlrath does well but even if he reaches his potential I have a feeling I"m going to compare the two and always feel like they should have drafted Tarasenko

Yea i never wanted fowler, especially with mdz...I wanted tarasenko the whole time and was pissed when we passed him up. I dont think Mcillrath will be anything in the NHL, Tarasenko will go on to be great player. It will be Sanguinetti instead of Giroux part 2.

As for the redden situation, yes he scored 2 goals, but if you watched the games he had some horrendous defensive lapses that led to opposing goals. Hes also playing with one of the best defensemen in the league on the most defensive team in the league to cover up his mistakes. I wish him all the luck...again it wasnt about him, as it was more the 6.5 cap hit. Both parties are in a better place now.

Last edited by Giglio NYR15: 01-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
Yea i never wanted fowler, especially with mdz...I wanted tarasenko the whole time and was pissed when we passed him up. I dont think Mcillrath will be anything in the NHL, Tarasenko will go on to be great player. It will be Sanguinetti instead of Giroux/Getzlaf part 2.

As for the redden situation, yes he scored 2 goals, but if you watched the games he had some horrendous defensive lapses that led to opposing goals. Hes also playing with one of the best defensemen in the league on the most defensive team in the league to cover up his mistakes. I wish him all the luck...again it wasnt about him, as it was more the 6.5 cap hit. Both parties are in a better place now.
They didn't pass up Getzlaf to take Sanguinetti. They passed up Getzlaf to take the one who shall not be named.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post

I remember that draft really well. I remember being pissed because of the way the top 9 went and my draw dropped when they chose a defenseman. Despite what they've said, I never believed management when they claimed McIlrath was their main target. I think they expected one of Johansen, Neidereitter, Connolly, Skinner, Burmistrov or Granlund to be available at 10.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
They didn't pass up Getzlaf to take Sanguinetti. They passed up Getzlaf to take the one who shall not be named.
Enver Lisin? Patrick Rissmiller?

Old
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Cmox

Huge Specimen

Old
01-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Chad Johnson is starting tonight for the Yotes

Old
01-28-2013, 05:45 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Ocho Cinco!
Prince Chad!

Old
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Looks like a horrible turnout in Columbus today against Dallas.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Boston gets out to a quick 1-0 over Jussi Jokinen, Jay Harrison and a 2nd round pick.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So my dad wants to take a Rangers road trip this season, which I've always wanted to do.

What's bad about it? He wants to go to Montreal.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Nice goal by the Canes to make it 2-1. Really applying pressure here.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So my dad wants to take a Rangers road trip this season, which I've always wanted to do.

What's bad about it? He wants to go to Montreal.
Tell you're dad he's an idiot. Unless he prefers watching the team when they lose. In that case, he's a genius.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Tell you're dad he's an idiot. Unless he prefers watching the team when they lose. In that case, he's a genius.
He says he wants to see a game in Montreal. I mean, I would too, but I don't want to see a 4-0 loss. I suggested Boston/Philly, but he said that the city of Montreal would be more interesting. And he doesn't want Toronto or Ottawa either.

Too bad that the game is already lost. Hopefully the city is nice.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Subban held out for 3 weeks to get the same contract he would have gotten 3 weeks ago.

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Old
01-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
He says he wants to see a game in Montreal. I mean, I would too, but I don't want to see a 4-0 loss. I suggested Boston/Philly, but he said that the city of Montreal would be more interesting. And he doesn't want Toronto or Ottawa either.

Everyone I've heard from says its a beautiful city.

They play in Ottawa then Montreal back-to-back twice this season. That wouldn't interest him?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

May God be with you in Montreal. May God be with the Rangers.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Everyone I've heard from says its a beautiful city.

They play in Ottawa then Montreal back-to-back twice this season. That wouldn't interest him?
He likes both the Habs games because they're on Saturday, which means no school/work missed. Of course, it means that the score will be even worse. Prust with the hat trick.
Quote:
May God be with you in Montreal. May God be with the Rangers.
Law Of Averages? Will that ever come into play in these match-ups?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Law Of Averages? Will that ever come into play in these match-ups?
Uh no.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Uh no.
Oh well. Hopefully I don't hear the Habs horn too many times.

What's up with you and Cresty with the Pyatt avatars? Just can't resist those eyes?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Oh well. Hopefully I don't hear the Habs horn too many times.

What's up with you and Cresty with the Pyatt avatars? Just can't resist those eyes?
They're irresistible

Closed Thread