Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Fighting is up post-lockout. Inter-conference games only this season, a lot of hate developing. Guys like Staubitz are still necessary unless you want Perry or Getzlaf with broken hands or concussions because they had to fight their own battles.
Perry starts his own trouble so having a goon won't deter that at all. I'm all for having someone out there getting the opponents honest but they have to be able to play. Staubitz is the kind of guy who keeps the end of the bench warm. If we need that kind of guy you suggest, we need to look elsewhere from Staubitz.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Taking Palmieri off top line is a bad move IMO. Yeah the top line struggled last game, but so did all the other lines. I am glad they are putting the 3rd line back together.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:39 PM
ericnut

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Boudreau said Sbisa should be fine for tomorrow vs. SJ after getting hit in face by puck.

Perhaps Vatanen was called up since the Admiral don't play until February 1 -- practice with the team or play in the AHL All-Star Game.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
Boudreau on #NHLDucks call-ups: "We want these guys to seize the opportunity...We want guys underneath to push the guys up
That`s what i thought. Before camp Boudreau was pretty clear that he want`s competiotion in the team, and i agree with it. In that way the guys are pushing each other. Even if it is only for 4-5 days with young guys from AHL - it gives players the motivation to get better - for those, who will play and also for those, who`ll sit for now

Old
01-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
That`s what i thought. Before camp Boudreau was pretty clear that he want`s competiotion in the team, and i agree with it. In that way the guys are pushing each other. Even if it is only for 4-5 days with young guys from AHL - it gives players the motivation to get better - for those, who will play and also for those, who`ll sit for now
Per Stephens;

@icemancometh: BB wouldn't say if Etem will make his NHL debut but wants some of the young guys to "seize the opportunity" and push guys above.

I replied asking why they would call up Etem all the sudden when he was going to be playing in the AHL All Star game.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Perry starts his own trouble so having a goon won't deter that at all. I'm all for having someone out there getting the opponents honest but they have to be able to play. Staubitz is the kind of guy who keeps the end of the bench warm. If we need that kind of guy you suggest, we need to look elsewhere from Staubitz.
Perry starts his own trouble, true, but he very often doesn't finish it, not to the other team's satisfaction. That leads to hot shifts and temperatures rising, and that's exactly what you need a policeman for. I agree that Staubitz is probably not the best guy for that job.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

BB "Etem can help on the PK"

Wtf? Doesn't seem like the PK type.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
BB "Etem can help on the PK"

Wtf? Doesn't seem like the PK type.
He strikes me as perfect for a consistent PK performer. Defense is as much about committing to do the work as it is being in the right places. Etem is all about working hard, and with his speed and transition ability, he'll put a lot of pressure on the opposing defense to make quick decisions(and hopefully mistakes). On top of that, any mistakes made, I expect Etem to try to pounce on. God help the opposing team if the puck gets behind them, and Etem is close by.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Etem's overall package could give him a Cogliano-like career trajectory. Speed and hustle, a bit of tunnel vision, coachable, smart. Etem is bigger and seems like he has better hands.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Etem's overall package could give him a Cogliano-like career trajectory. Speed and hustle, a bit of tunnel vision, coachable, smart. Etem is bigger and seems like he has better hands.
I was thinking the same thing except Etem can score goals and finish! Lol

Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Perry starts his own trouble, true, but he very often doesn't finish it, not to the other team's satisfaction. That leads to hot shifts and temperatures rising, and that's exactly what you need a policeman for. I agree that Staubitz is probably not the best guy for that job.
The problem is there aren't many 4th liners that can play more than 5 mins a game and enforce. It's sick that we let Thorton go to Boston, he's probably as good as it gets in that category.

I personally think its stupid to have Beleskey and Staubitz play at the same time. I'd rather the two rotate with Beleskey getting 75% of the games and Staubitz the rest.

As far as Perry starting his own crap, yeah I don't think a 4th line enforcer is going to help much there. I think it's a team thing to respond to that. I didn't like (and still don't) the Souray signing, but id like to think that team toughness is another reason why he and Allen were brought in. They're going to have to help with the "policing" when perry is in a mood.

Old
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

Quote:
The problem is there aren't many 4th liners that can play more than 5 mins a game and enforce. It's sick that we let Thorton go to Boston, he's probably as good as it gets in that category.

I personally think its stupid to have Beleskey and Staubitz play at the same time. I'd rather the two rotate with Beleskey getting 75% of the games and Staubitz the rest.

As far as Perry starting his own crap, yeah I don't think a 4th line enforcer is going to help much there. I think it's a team thing to respond to that. I didn't like (and still don't) the Souray signing, but id like to think that team toughness is another reason why he and Allen were brought in. They're going to have to help with the "policing" when perry is in a mood.
I don`t think it would be a good move to sit Beleskey. He looks good out there

Old
01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Bob McKenzie tweet

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Also, ANA hasn't made a decision yet on Rickard Rakell.

To all those still wondering about en

Old
01-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!

I think Rakell will stay.

Not that i want it, but current situation suggest that. I`d prefer to let him finish this season in Plymouth

Old
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
That's a good comparable and one I've used in the past. His upside is a bigger/stronger Cogliano with finishing ability. At the very worst he'll carve out a career as a bottom 6 forward/PKer. From the Norfolk games I saw he was an excellent backchecker and good on the PK.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That's a good comparable and one I've used in the past. His upside is a bigger/stronger Cogliano with finishing ability. At the very worst he'll carve out a career as a bottom 6 forward/PKer. From the Norfolk games I saw he was an excellent backchecker and good on the PK.
Well Etems 3 inches taller and 20 lbs bigger. I see him being a very solid top 6 soon for us. Only 'real' comparable I find is the speed and the hands. Other than that not much. Both different kind of players.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

At least we'll probably have a great pack of centers next season with Getzlaf (he signs), Bonino, Holland, Rakell.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
At least we'll probably have a great pack of centers next season with Getzlaf (he signs), Bonino, Holland, Rakell.
I want an upgrade for Bonino. ROR comes to mind.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I want an upgrade for Bonino. ROR comes to mind.
I hope were at least trying to poke around for ROR hed be amazing for the team... and i have no prob payin him in the 4-4.5 range

Old
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

ROR should be the person the Ducks really try to go after, but he will probably demand a ransom.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
ROR should be the person the Ducks really try to go after, but he will probably demand a ransom.
Prolly crazy, but what if we offer sheeted his ass?

Old
01-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Prolly crazy, but what if we offer sheeted his ass?
Its close id see if we could get them to bite on a trade, but if we offer sheet they get our 1st and 3rd minimum, plus i think aves will match up to 4.5 mil on him so wed have to prob go above that.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Its close id see if we could get them to bite on a trade, but if we offer sheet they get our 1st and 3rd minimum, plus i think aves will match up to 4.5 mil on him so wed have to prob go above that.
Well we lose a first in which the way were playing will be a low pick. How many firsts do we lose? I forget the Penner deal its been so long.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

I watched Etem a bit during his time in the WHL, he was an excellent PKer. Definite SHG potential out of him as well with that speed.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
No doubt they will, but you're underestimating the effect that having a heavy can have on his own team in establishing team toughness mindset. It is much easier to be brave when there's a big old swinging dick behind you backing you up, to coin a phrase.

Closed Thread