HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/trade/etc discussion part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 02:36 PM
  #26
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust
 
TheJoeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Fighting is up post-lockout. Inter-conference games only this season, a lot of hate developing. Guys like Staubitz are still necessary unless you want Perry or Getzlaf with broken hands or concussions because they had to fight their own battles.
Perry starts his own trouble so having a goon won't deter that at all. I'm all for having someone out there getting the opponents honest but they have to be able to play. Staubitz is the kind of guy who keeps the end of the bench warm. If we need that kind of guy you suggest, we need to look elsewhere from Staubitz.

TheJoeMan is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
  #27
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 500
Taking Palmieri off top line is a bad move IMO. Yeah the top line struggled last game, but so did all the other lines. I am glad they are putting the 3rd line back together.

Duck Off is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:39 PM
  #28
ericnut
Registered User
 
ericnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Newport Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 5,547
vCash: 500
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh
Boudreau said Sbisa should be fine for tomorrow vs. SJ after getting hit in face by puck.

Perhaps Vatanen was called up since the Admiral don't play until February 1 -- practice with the team or play in the AHL All-Star Game.

ericnut is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:40 PM
  #29
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Boudreau on #NHLDucks call-ups: "We want these guys to seize the opportunity...We want guys underneath to push the guys up
That`s what i thought. Before camp Boudreau was pretty clear that he want`s competiotion in the team, and i agree with it. In that way the guys are pushing each other. Even if it is only for 4-5 days with young guys from AHL - it gives players the motivation to get better - for those, who will play and also for those, who`ll sit for now

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:47 PM
  #30
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
That`s what i thought. Before camp Boudreau was pretty clear that he want`s competiotion in the team, and i agree with it. In that way the guys are pushing each other. Even if it is only for 4-5 days with young guys from AHL - it gives players the motivation to get better - for those, who will play and also for those, who`ll sit for now
Per Stephens;

@icemancometh: BB wouldn't say if Etem will make his NHL debut but wants some of the young guys to "seize the opportunity" and push guys above.

I replied asking why they would call up Etem all the sudden when he was going to be playing in the AHL All Star game.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 02:49 PM
  #31
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
Perry starts his own trouble so having a goon won't deter that at all. I'm all for having someone out there getting the opponents honest but they have to be able to play. Staubitz is the kind of guy who keeps the end of the bench warm. If we need that kind of guy you suggest, we need to look elsewhere from Staubitz.
Perry starts his own trouble, true, but he very often doesn't finish it, not to the other team's satisfaction. That leads to hot shifts and temperatures rising, and that's exactly what you need a policeman for. I agree that Staubitz is probably not the best guy for that job.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:00 PM
  #32
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 500
BB "Etem can help on the PK"

Wtf? Doesn't seem like the PK type.

Duck Off is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:06 PM
  #33
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,708
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
BB "Etem can help on the PK"

Wtf? Doesn't seem like the PK type.
He strikes me as perfect for a consistent PK performer. Defense is as much about committing to do the work as it is being in the right places. Etem is all about working hard, and with his speed and transition ability, he'll put a lot of pressure on the opposing defense to make quick decisions(and hopefully mistakes). On top of that, any mistakes made, I expect Etem to try to pounce on. God help the opposing team if the puck gets behind them, and Etem is close by.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:14 PM
  #34
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 50
Etem's overall package could give him a Cogliano-like career trajectory. Speed and hustle, a bit of tunnel vision, coachable, smart. Etem is bigger and seems like he has better hands.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
  #35
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Etem's overall package could give him a Cogliano-like career trajectory. Speed and hustle, a bit of tunnel vision, coachable, smart. Etem is bigger and seems like he has better hands.
I was thinking the same thing except Etem can score goals and finish! Lol

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
  #36
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Perry starts his own trouble, true, but he very often doesn't finish it, not to the other team's satisfaction. That leads to hot shifts and temperatures rising, and that's exactly what you need a policeman for. I agree that Staubitz is probably not the best guy for that job.
The problem is there aren't many 4th liners that can play more than 5 mins a game and enforce. It's sick that we let Thorton go to Boston, he's probably as good as it gets in that category.

I personally think its stupid to have Beleskey and Staubitz play at the same time. I'd rather the two rotate with Beleskey getting 75% of the games and Staubitz the rest.

As far as Perry starting his own crap, yeah I don't think a 4th line enforcer is going to help much there. I think it's a team thing to respond to that. I didn't like (and still don't) the Souray signing, but id like to think that team toughness is another reason why he and Allen were brought in. They're going to have to help with the "policing" when perry is in a mood.

Duck Off is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:24 PM
  #37
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
The problem is there aren't many 4th liners that can play more than 5 mins a game and enforce. It's sick that we let Thorton go to Boston, he's probably as good as it gets in that category.

I personally think its stupid to have Beleskey and Staubitz play at the same time. I'd rather the two rotate with Beleskey getting 75% of the games and Staubitz the rest.

As far as Perry starting his own crap, yeah I don't think a 4th line enforcer is going to help much there. I think it's a team thing to respond to that. I didn't like (and still don't) the Souray signing, but id like to think that team toughness is another reason why he and Allen were brought in. They're going to have to help with the "policing" when perry is in a mood.
I don`t think it would be a good move to sit Beleskey. He looks good out there

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:26 PM
  #38
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Bob McKenzie tweet

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Also, ANA hasn't made a decision yet on Rickard Rakell.

To all those still wondering about en

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:12 PM
  #39
Kalvinators
Mindholm!!!!
 
Kalvinators's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Latvia
Country: Latvia
Posts: 8,369
vCash: 500
I think Rakell will stay.

Not that i want it, but current situation suggest that. I`d prefer to let him finish this season in Plymouth

Kalvinators is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:20 PM
  #40
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Etem's overall package could give him a Cogliano-like career trajectory. Speed and hustle, a bit of tunnel vision, coachable, smart. Etem is bigger and seems like he has better hands.
That's a good comparable and one I've used in the past. His upside is a bigger/stronger Cogliano with finishing ability. At the very worst he'll carve out a career as a bottom 6 forward/PKer. From the Norfolk games I saw he was an excellent backchecker and good on the PK.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  #41
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
That's a good comparable and one I've used in the past. His upside is a bigger/stronger Cogliano with finishing ability. At the very worst he'll carve out a career as a bottom 6 forward/PKer. From the Norfolk games I saw he was an excellent backchecker and good on the PK.
Well Etems 3 inches taller and 20 lbs bigger. I see him being a very solid top 6 soon for us. Only 'real' comparable I find is the speed and the hands. Other than that not much. Both different kind of players.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  #42
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend
 
quentez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
At least we'll probably have a great pack of centers next season with Getzlaf (he signs), Bonino, Holland, Rakell.

quentez is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:36 PM
  #43
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
At least we'll probably have a great pack of centers next season with Getzlaf (he signs), Bonino, Holland, Rakell.
I want an upgrade for Bonino. ROR comes to mind.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
  #44
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I want an upgrade for Bonino. ROR comes to mind.
I hope were at least trying to poke around for ROR hed be amazing for the team... and i have no prob payin him in the 4-4.5 range

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
  #45
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000
 
c4rcy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC, California
Country: United States
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
ROR should be the person the Ducks really try to go after, but he will probably demand a ransom.

c4rcy is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  #46
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
ROR should be the person the Ducks really try to go after, but he will probably demand a ransom.
Prolly crazy, but what if we offer sheeted his ass?

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:35 PM
  #47
Getz2perry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Prolly crazy, but what if we offer sheeted his ass?
Its close id see if we could get them to bite on a trade, but if we offer sheet they get our 1st and 3rd minimum, plus i think aves will match up to 4.5 mil on him so wed have to prob go above that.

Getz2perry is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
  #48
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Its close id see if we could get them to bite on a trade, but if we offer sheet they get our 1st and 3rd minimum, plus i think aves will match up to 4.5 mil on him so wed have to prob go above that.
Well we lose a first in which the way were playing will be a low pick. How many firsts do we lose? I forget the Penner deal its been so long.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 05:48 PM
  #49
Fuzzy Bunny
Registered User
 
Fuzzy Bunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
I watched Etem a bit during his time in the WHL, he was an excellent PKer. Definite SHG potential out of him as well with that speed.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
  #50
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White
 
Spicy Porkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: He is risen!
Posts: 8,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
As far as Perry starting his own crap, yeah I don't think a 4th line enforcer is going to help much there. I think it's a team thing to respond to that. I didn't like (and still don't) the Souray signing, but id like to think that team toughness is another reason why he and Allen were brought in. They're going to have to help with the "policing" when perry is in a mood.
No doubt they will, but you're underestimating the effect that having a heavy can have on his own team in establishing team toughness mindset. It is much easier to be brave when there's a big old swinging dick behind you backing you up, to coin a phrase.

Spicy Porkins is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.