HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Flames might sit Baertschi for game against Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 04:56 PM
  #76
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
I had been thinking Brodie's looked quite effective with Wideman these past couple games.
He has been good but I would love to have a big physical player with Widemen not to mention playing Brodie with Sarich would allow him to focus on offense even more.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  #77
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He has been good but I would love to have a big physical player with Widemen not to mention playing Brodie with Sarich would allow him to focus on offense even more.
With the exception that Sarich isn't put out in offensive situations, unfortunately if Brodie was on the 5/6 pairing he would rarely get in on offensive faceoff scenarios.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:09 PM
  #78
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Biased on being on the 4th line for 1 game? He sees more ice time than Galy in Montreal and he plays with Prust. Sven doesn't look the same as before he got hurt he looked great on the Heat, I personally think he isn't 100% right now.
I said if this trend continues meaning if they leave him on the 4th line all season. I know hes not 100% but the way they are developing him is terrible. Either promote him or send him down dont leave him in the middle with less than 10min of ice time a game.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
  #79
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
With the exception that Sarich isn't put out in offensive situations, unfortunately if Brodie was on the 5/6 pairing he would rarely get in on offensive faceoff scenarios.
So far this year Sarich has started 48% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie has started 33% and Sarich ends 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie ends 12%, playing with Sarich would give him less minutes but much weaker competition and more offensive chances, I think it would do alot for his game.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:14 PM
  #80
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
I said if this trend continues meaning if they leave him on the 4th line all season. I know hes not 100% but the way they are developing him is terrible. Either promote him or send him down dont leave him in the middle with less than 10min of ice time a game.
Yes but 1 game is not a trend it is simply 1 game lets wait a week or two and see where we are to start calling this trends.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
  #81
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yes but 1 game is not a trend it is simply 1 game lets wait a week or two and see where we are to start calling this trends.
I know its just a game and its too early.. but at the same time the flames got their first win saturday and our top9 has been great. Who do we take out to put Sven? I wana say Stajan but we need him as a two way/FO winning center. And Hartley likes to run on 3 lines soo somethings gota give.

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
  #82
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
So far this year Sarich has started 48% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie has started 33% and Sarich ends 50% of his shifts in the offensive zone Brodie ends 12%, playing with Sarich would give him less minutes but much weaker competition and more offensive chances, I think it would do alot for his game.
Interesting, I didn't see that watching the game, where do you get these numbers by the way, I'd be interested to see them.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:45 PM
  #83
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Interesting, I didn't see that watching the game, where do you get these numbers by the way, I'd be interested to see them.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:45 PM
  #84
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
I know its just a game and its too early.. but at the same time the flames got their first win saturday and our top9 has been great. Who do we take out to put Sven? I wana say Stajan but we need him as a two way/FO winning center. And Hartley likes to run on 3 lines soo somethings gota give.
If stemps cools down he takes his spot until then he is either on the 4th line or goes to Abbs for a few weeks.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:39 AM
  #85
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,735
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't playing in the AHL burn a year off his contract regardless?
I thought because of his age he was able to play in the AHL without burning a year off his deal.

He'd have to be assigned now as his next NHL game is game #10.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:16 AM
  #86
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,308
vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I thought because of his age he was able to play in the AHL without burning a year off his deal.

He'd have to be assigned now as his next NHL game is game #10.
Huh? No, his next game is game 5 this season. He gets 9 games per season before a year is burnt off.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
  #87
DBU
Stars
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,348
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Huh? No, his next game is game 5 this season. He gets 9 games per season before a year is burnt off.
Nope, not with the new CBA. It's 5 games now, not 9 like it used to be.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
  #88
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Well if he wasn't 100% before he definitely isn't now
Quote:
Baertschi..looks to have twisted a knee and is leaving ice for dressing room
per Roger Millions.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:26 PM
  #89
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,170
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Well if he wasn't 100% before he definitely isn't now
per Roger Millions.
Oh FFS!

Sigh...seriously?


InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
  #90
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Nope, not with the new CBA. It's 5 games now, not 9 like it used to be.
Thought it was just 5 for this season not the duration of the CBA because the season is shorter than normal.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
  #91
Feel The Heat
Registered User
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,375
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Nope, not with the new CBA. It's 5 games now, not 9 like it used to be.
Only because of the shortened season otherwise it would still be 9. I do believe

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
  #92
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Well if he wasn't 100% before he definitely isn't now
per Roger Millions.
....... This makes me unhappy.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
  #93
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Well if he wasn't 100% before he definitely isn't now
per Roger Millions.
Went to the Flames website to see if they had interviewed Hartley about it yet, and apparently Brossoit was in a fight the other night :S who knew.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
  #94
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Went to the Flames website to see if they had interviewed Hartley about it yet, and apparently Brossoit was in a fight the other night :S who knew.
Don't go to the prospect board as apparently he is mentally weak because he lets in the odd bad goal but Subban is a lock to be a great goalie

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
  #95
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker
 
Hand of Gaudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,602
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Don't go to the prospect board as apparently he is mentally weak because he lets in the odd bad goal but Subban is a lock to be a great goalie
Subbans never let in a goal before in his life, every time a goal is scored on 'Subban' it's because an imposter has kidnapped him, and taken his place in order to ruin his perfect career GAA and SP.

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
  #96
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Subbans never let in a goal before in his life, every time a goal is scored on 'Subban' it's because an imposter has kidnapped him, and taken his place in order to ruin his perfect career GAA and SP.
That sounds about what their arguments are, I love the Canada cut Brossiot for a reason when Subban choked at the tournament so maybe their choice was wrong?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
  #97
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Well if he wasn't 100% before he definitely isn't now
per Roger Millions.
According to @SUNGilbertson Hartley said "A little injury. Im just assuming that its nothing bad, but he couldn't keep going."

I hope he's right, well find out more tommorow

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:36 PM
  #98
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
According to @SUNGilbertson Hartley said "A little injury. Im just assuming that its nothing bad, but he couldn't keep going."

I hope he's right, well find out more tommorow
It's a good thing we don't play until thursday so he has time to heal but if he couldn't keep going it can't be that little.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
  #99
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,368
vCash: 50
Not too worried, they'll just send him down for conditioning if he is injured. (once he gets back)

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
  #100
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
It's a good thing we don't play until thursday so he has time to heal but if he couldn't keep going it can't be that little.
It might of been a precautionary (I hope). Even if it is minor, I don't think they play him on thursday just incase

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.