HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #5 : KINGS vs. CANUCKS, Monday, 1/28/13 @ 7:30 pm PST

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
I just want a good game. It would be really nice if the PP would work tonight..Kings are going to need it.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
bobafettish*

with the travel and a back to back, the kings should take advantage. that said punch them in their vaginas.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
^ Is Henrik caught down in the middle of that dog pile too?

One of the funnier hockey memories for me.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

The weird thing is ^ he probably liked being surrounded by a bunch of kings.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
The weird thing is ^ he probably liked being surrounded by a bunch of kings.
Hey, no one likes getting Rodney Kinged.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Old
01-28-2013, 04:59 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

Nice....that's pretty good pu...untrue, but good

Old
01-28-2013, 05:05 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Canucks GDT just reinforces my hate.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
rattytattat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Lol..you need thicker skin deemeck...we all love hockey, just not each other so much

Old
01-28-2013, 05:13 PM
LadyKing17

I just saw the Canucks GDT.

Wow.

Please crush these guys, Brownie. Please.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:20 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Hoping Brown and Richards find their game tonight. They destroyed the Nucks in the playoffs so this would be a good game for them to get things going again.

Too bad Kesler isn't playing. Dat cartwheel...

Old
01-28-2013, 05:21 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKing17 View Post
I just saw the Canucks GDT.

Wow.

Please crush these guys, Brownie. Please.
I hope he singlehandedly kills them. That GDT is a disgrace, not only making fun of Brown's lisp but stealing the template for the GDT. Who else does that?

Old
01-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Can't wait for their fans to blame the loss on ice back to back games travel injuries refs tonight

Old
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I hope he singlehandedly kills them. That GDT is a disgrace, not only making fun of Brown's lisp but stealing the template for the GDT. Who else does that?
Oh I dunno. They root for a team full of hair pulling, finger biting, somersaulting, whiny, ugly clone looking muthers. It's kind of expected.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
Dustin Brown was asked to provide a prediction for tonight's game with regard to Henrik Sedin. His response:

"Predicthion? Painth!!!"

Seriously, I did gain a new level of respect for Sedin when he got up from that hit and played as well as he did after that. His comments afterward were classy as well when he said it was a clean hit.

You don't get that from some players around the league, like say Shane Doan and Mike Smith.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Coming in peace...

Hoping for a good game tonight. Luongo will get the start in goal for this one, as Schneider played in last night's debacle for Vancouver.

I imagine our issues are fairly similar to the ones plaguing the Kings right now - rust, misreads and general fatigue. A lot of the Canucks didn't play during the lockout, and it looks like they are suffering for that. The guys playing the best are the ones who played in the AHL or Europe (Kassian, Tanev, Raymond, etc.)

As far as I'm concerned, our biggest issue has been the blueline. Ballard and Tanev have been great, but that's equally a compliment to them and a concern for the top four. Garrison and Edler have been hit and miss, and Bieksa and Hamhuis have been outright terrible - if they have another game like that, it could be easy for the Kings to exploit.

The forwards have been marginally better. The Twins haven't looked dangerous five-on-five (PP has been strong, but not excellent). Burrows and Higgins could be a lot better as well.

Anyway - I think this will be a feisty affair, as both of these teams loathed each other already and the Kings have some brand new and well earned bragging rights to strut. Hopefully it's a good game.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Coming in peace...

Hoping for a good game tonight. Luongo will get the start in goal for this one, as Schneider played in last night's debacle for Vancouver.

I imagine our issues are fairly similar to the ones plaguing the Kings right now - rust, misreads and general fatigue. A lot of the Canucks didn't play during the lockout, and it looks like they are suffering for that. The guys playing the best are the ones who played in the AHL or Europe (Kassian, Tanev, Raymond, etc.)

As far as I'm concerned, our biggest issue has been the blueline. Ballard and Tanev have been great, but that's equally a compliment to them and a concern for the top four. Garrison and Edler have been hit and miss, and Bieksa and Hamhuis have been outright terrible - if they have another game like that, it could be easy for the Kings to exploit.

The forwards have been marginally better. The Twins haven't looked dangerous five-on-five (PP has been strong, but not excellent). Burrows and Higgins could be a lot better as well.

Anyway - I think this will be a feisty affair, as both of these teams loathed each other already and the Kings have some brand new and well earned bragging rights to strut. Hopefully it's a good game.
Thanth for tha breakdownth on the Canuths!

Old
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
LA_Viking
Bring me some mead!!

I don't really care much about the King's players pounding the Nuck's players. I just want to see a solid 60 minutes of play. This must include:

- Good puck control by all King players
- Tape to tape, controlled passes
- A PP goal (or more)
- A 100% PK
- shutting down the blue line and beyond

...resulting in a W.

The slow start was expected, but now it's time for the boys to pour it on. From the Phoenix win on out it should be total domination by the Kings.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Coming in peace...

Those are our issues as well. Taking dumb penalties has been a major factor too. I am a little worried about tonight because our defense is looking quite thin, hopefully we'll win and get to brag a little more

Old
01-28-2013, 06:05 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Coming in peace...

Good early season test for both teams as both clubs should be hungry for a win and need one. The Kings need to stay out of the box and get their cycle game going to break down the Canucks' defense.

The key to a Kings' win is their depth up front IMO.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:08 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Dustin Brown was asked to provide a prediction for tonight's game with regard to Henrik Sedin. His response:

"Predicthion? Painth!!!"

Seriously, I did gain a new level of respect for Sedin when he got up from that hit and played as well as he did after that. His comments afterward were classy as well when he said it was a clean hit.

You don't get that from some players around the league, like say Shane Doan and Mike Smith.
off the ice theyre good people.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
off the ice theyre good people.
You mean like in the lockerroom after Game 5. Sorry, I think Doan owes Brown a sincere apology and I have yet to see one.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
You mean like in the lockerroom after Game 5. Sorry, I think Doan owes Brown a sincere apology and I have yet to see one.
i meant the sedins lol. **** smith and doan.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
DaAnimal

Thanks PUCK U for being awesome every season.

Hope you feel better

Go Kings Go

Expecting our offense will continue to light it up.

Hoping our 2nd line will wake the **** up

Old
01-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Hoping our 2nd line will wake the **** up
Clifford has looked good, and Carter I can't really complain about...who's left?

Closed Thread