HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers @ Ducks--Dec 14th 2003

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2003, 05:38 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 500
wwwwwwoooooohhhhhhoooooooo the oilers win win win.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:39 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

the pp is still a letdown but a win is a win and in this case listening to the game they deserved this one, needless the last couple as well.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:42 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

needless to say i meant to say.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

I watched that one through the Anaheim feed and man was it bad, sound quality was horrific, the innovative yet disgusting video angles made it hard to watch, but whatever, Oilers win, and That is the closet Ive come to guessing the right finish. I said 4-2, and it was 3-2, I said Cross would score though and he did.

Old
12-14-2003, 05:47 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
im not getting the game (as i cant get PPV games from my cable provider.... losers.... ) so im wondering if i can get some feedback on that 2nd ducks goal..... from the radio it seems like it was a little weak, but they also said that it might have deflected off somebody..... so yeah, some feedback for that would be great (im gonna watch highlights so i can give my own opinion for my salo vs conks thread, but more opinions are always welcome)
If I remember correctly Conklin was pretty far in his net on that one.

Made some beauty saves after that though.

Old
12-14-2003, 06:50 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
oilers win! oilers win! oilers win! saddam is caught! peace in the middle east! ooopss.... getting a little carried away there..... but really, who would have thought that these 2 events could have possible happened on the same day.... hell ill be able to tell my grandkids where i was on "the day the oilers won .... and they caught some terrorist guy"
yeah you were patrolling HFBoards

Old
12-14-2003, 06:51 PM
HockeySense85

I was watching the game on Center Ice and I don't recall seeing Chimera on the ice after he scored his goal. Did he get injured or MacT just decide to bench him for scoring?

Old
12-14-2003, 07:09 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Just came back from the game...

Basically everything that's already been covered here.
Great play by Dvo on the first goal...an awesome shot by Chimera on his goal, and I didn't see the Torres goal (I was on the other end), but he was hustling the whole game.

I noticed that Isbister was getting knocked around for the most part of the game. He tried hitting Fedorov on a check but he ended up getting knocked down. I think I've seen that happened three times during the game.

I've seen Hemsky trying to make a move on the defensemen several times during the game but I think half the league is wise on his moves now.

I tried starting a "We want Comrie" chant, but nobody joined in :mad:

Old
12-14-2003, 07:19 PM
dem

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Youd have about as much luck starting a "heil hitler" chant...

Old
12-14-2003, 07:27 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Youd have about as much luck starting a "heil hitler" chant...
Yeah, it was a long shot...I was hoping Murray would have heard it and realized that he should overpay cause the fans want him. ah well.

Old
12-14-2003, 09:48 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
Just came back from the game...

Basically everything that's already been covered here.
Great play by Dvo on the first goal...an awesome shot by Chimera on his goal, and I didn't see the Torres goal (I was on the other end), but he was hustling the whole game.

I noticed that Isbister was getting knocked around for the most part of the game. He tried hitting Fedorov on a check but he ended up getting knocked down. I think I've seen that happened three times during the game.

I've seen Hemsky trying to make a move on the defensemen several times during the game but I think half the league is wise on his moves now.

Very refreshing post, really like it when people admit when they didn't see things happen. When you go to the games on the live ice you see more but sometimes you miss some critical plays. Still watching hockey live is always the best choice if you can afford the time, money, and energy to get the a chosen venue. Playing hockey yourself is very good too, but since you're likely not going to be paid 1.7 million U$ avoiding injury is thought #1. USC Trojans,you must have had to assume the role of Johnny Fair Play to chant: "We want Comrie."

Old
12-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
I watched that one through the Anaheim feed and man was it bad, sound quality was horrific, the innovative yet disgusting video angles made it hard to watch, but whatever, Oilers win, and That is the closet Ive come to guessing the right finish. I said 4-2, and it was 3-2, I said Cross would score though and he did.
Haha watching the game on the Anaheim feed was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen/heard in my life.. the hilight of the whole game for me: at one point, the announcers thought they had cut to break and thus were chatting with each other thinking they were off-air. One of them said "maybe we should mention Conklin.." and the other responds with "Who the heck is Conklin?".. haha just gold! 15 seconds later they bust into a "Conklin has played great for the Oil while Salo was down.."

Old
12-15-2003, 05:16 AM
xauxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySense85
I was watching the game on Center Ice and I don't recall seeing Chimera on the ice after he scored his goal. Did he get injured or MacT just decide to bench him for scoring?

I did not watch the game, but the highlights... I still insist that Chimera is a Oilers' keeper for long time. Only a game, but who else in the Oilers rosters can have the combination of size, speed, shot, mean, grits, and talents as Chimer.
Although many posters want Chimera be traded... I have told you and tell you now that it would be a big mistake for the Oilers brass if that happens. I still do not know why and what between Chimera and MacT. Do you?

Old
12-15-2003, 05:53 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
I did not watch the game, but the highlights... I still insist that Chimera is a Oilers' keeper for long time. Only a game, but who else in the Oilers rosters can have the combination of size, speed, shot, mean, grits, and talents as Chimer.
Although many posters want Chimera be traded... I have told you and tell you now that it would be a big mistake for the Oilers brass if that happens. I still do not know why and what between Chimera and MacT. Do you?
Gee, I dunno, the fact that Chimmer was rather useless to start the season might be a pretty good start.

He was rewarded with the 2nd line wingers job out of camp, had one good game, then fell off the earth.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:07 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xauxi
Chimera's problem is the talent between his ears, not the talent that rests in his body.

He's fine when he's going straight ahead and doesn't have to think too much, but ask him to do more than that and his brain seizes. Once his play without the puck improves, then you'll see him get more ice time and maybe even some PP minutes.

I hope his brain eventually catches up, because he does have some interesting skills wrapped up in one body.

Old
12-15-2003, 06:09 AM
xauxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Gee, I dunno, the fact that Chimmer was rather useless to start the season might be a pretty good start.

He was rewarded with the 2nd line wingers job out of camp, had one good game, then fell off the earth.

Hopefully Chimera can light up his consistency and prove to be a keeper.

Closed Thread