HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Quincey

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
  #26
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Smith won that award but Mr-3 in the last two games Kronwall is trying to over take it...

Oh look, Kyle Quincey is a +3 the past two games [LINKY].



Nope, a realist.
Man +3 in the last 2 games, just give him the Norris.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  #27
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Smith won that award but Mr-3 in the last two games Kronwall is trying to over take it...
+/- is a terribly flawed stat. Kronwall put up points and was tasked with checking the big line.

Smith was a plus three in that game and actually hit the score sheet and was helping the offense.

You're railing against one member of the pairing in some posts and then using +/- in your argument, you do realize Smith gets a plus on those as well in fact even got an additional plus to Quincey in that time frame for a +4.

Kronwall has a different assignment than Quincey and while Kronwall needs to pick it up. Quincey was in scratch range before the last two games so he better continue to build off of this.

It is happening when I am watching them play as you like to tell others about so often and Quincey had terrible gap control in his first several games. He was eating the puck on forechecks far too often rather than making a quicker decision. He was also fractionally late to challenging guys, putting himself in a no mans land often. Losing several board battles and allowing easy entry and wide drive into the zone. Hope it was timing as he has looked better the last two contests.

But the scores of Wings fans upset by Quincey are not showing up and watching a different game than you, so I don't understand the watching the game line you're continuously throwing out. Seems a bunch of us are and find him wanting in several areas.

Smith will continue to grow and has improved also. But he isn't a NHL vet with top 4 minutes history that demanded close to 4 million dollars, more is expected and demanded of Quincey.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
  #28
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Quincey for Norris!

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
  #29
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
You keep saying this but you're in the very small minority on Quincey's play and the hatred for Smith when it comes to the same Wings fans watching the games. I get that you think we are all wrong, but you should stop with the watch the games logic. A bunch of us do and aren't trying to push this Smith agenda down everyone elses throat. Quincey has been very bad, better the last two games but still not what is expected of him and what he demanded contract wise. Right now I would be happy to move him for a second once the D gets somewhat healthy.

Unlikely since Holland would have to admit that big mistake but even packaging him with a Tatar for an upgrade would be welcomed.
I'm the minority on a random message forum where people post their xbox lines.

random message forum users < Kenny Holland, Jim Nill, Mike Babcock

Quincey gets ice time... gee, I wonder why? Only the greatest hockey minds in the world think he has value. Random message forum posters who make under $50k a year and play NHL13 for fun don't like him. I like being the minority ... And I don't even PLAY NHL13 LMAO!!!!

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  #30
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Man +3 in the last 2 games, just give him the Norris.
Kronwall -3

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:45 PM
  #31
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I'm the minority on a random message forum where people post their xbox lines.

random message forum users < Kenny Holland, Jim Nill, Mike Babcock

Quincey gets ice time... gee, I wonder why? Only the greatest hockey minds in the world think he has value. Random message forum posters who make under $50k a year and play NHL13 for fun don't like him. I like being the minority ... And I don't even PLAY NHL13 LMAO!!!!
For the third time in a week, Babcock praised Smith... Quote after yesterday's game..."Smith was Excellent"....

random message forum users < Mike Babcock

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:52 PM
  #32
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
For the third time in a week, Babcock praised Smith... Quote after yesterday's game..."Smith was Excellent"....

random message forum users < Mike Babcock
He said Quincey is excellent, too.

Oh, and I found this

Quote:
"the Quincey kid looks like he's got a real good feel for the game" ~ Mike Babcock
So who is right and who is wrong?

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
  #33
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
For the third time in a week, Babcock praised Smith... Quote after yesterday's game..."Smith was Excellent"....

random message forum users < Mike Babcock
Exactly the point. I trust what Holland, Babcock and Nill say and they haven't had much to say on Quincey thus far, he does get asked more questions on Smith though. They are putting out nice points on Smith as you pointed out in more than just one game. Praised Lashoff quite a bit as well.

I really thought the Quincey trade would work out better than it has thus far, really supported the move but it is hard to defend these days.

I hope he turns it around because we need him to. Just tired of the attack on Smith while going full on Quincey is awesome out of HTT3. Then saying watch the game like we don't. They both need to improve and have looked much better these last two games. But Smith didn't enter the season with near the expectations or the demand in salary and role. Quincey deserves more heat and that pairing has struggled, both players not one.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  #34
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
He said Quincey is excellent, too.
Where?

Quote:

Oh, and I found this



So who is right and who is wrong?
And when was that, since Babcock called him a kid?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:59 PM
  #35
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
He said Quincey is excellent, too.

Oh, and I found this



So who is right and who is wrong?
Did you just use a quote from when he was breaking through the first time, because I haven't heard him call him a kid once since he came back...

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
  #36
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Where?
He just said it. Don't you DVR pre and post games and pressers? I record everything

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
  #37
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Where?



And when was that, since Babcock called him a kid?
I think that quote was from when he was forced into action in the playoffs in his first go round in Detroit. That Quincey played better defense in my opinion. He struggles in one area when trying to show off the other. If he concentrated on being better defensively his offensive numbers would take a hit but he would be better for it in the long run.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
  #38
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Did you just use a quote from when he was breaking through the first time, because I haven't heard him call him a kid once since he came back...
I provided the source. Didn't you click it. It's not dated. Doesn't matter, he said it. He also just said Quincey has been good when asked about the good points of the game. I think it was after the Wild, not sure.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  #39
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I provided the source. Didn't you click it. It's not dated. Doesn't matter, he said it. He also just said Quincey has been good when asked about the good points of the game. I think it was after the Wild, not sure.
If he said it five years ago, it's irrelevant to your argument about the here and now and you are making yourself look foolish by arguing otherwise.


Last edited by SoupNazi: 01-28-2013 at 06:12 PM.
SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  #40
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
He said Quincey is excellent, too.

Oh, and I found this



So who is right and who is wrong?
Nobody here has said Quincey hasnt been tremendously better the last couple of games.

You however continue to rip on Smith and there's just no justification for it. It honestly makes you sound like you have this complete personal dislike for everyone on the Wings D except for Quincey, which is nothing short of strange. Or, you just dont know hockey at all. There arent many other choices.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  #41
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
He just said it. Don't you DVR pre and post games and pressers? I record everything
Funny. NHL CENTER ICE doesn't generally give them.

Provide a link or video, or someone else who can back you up.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
  #42
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 17,539
vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
I provided the source. Didn't you click it. It's not dated. Doesn't matter, he said it. He also just said Quincey has been good when asked about the good points of the game. I think it was after the Wild, not sure.
It does matter, the source you cited is weak and thus it doesn't have the outcome you desired.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
  #43
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Nobody here has said Quincey hasnt been tremendously better the last couple of games.

You however continue to rip on Smith and there's just no justification for it. It honestly makes you sound like you have this complete personal dislike for everyone on the Wings D except for Quincey, which is nothing short of strange. Or, you just dont know hockey at all. There arent many other choices.
Or the 3rd choice would be I actually am able to, unlike many here, watch the game without rosy color glasses. I said Smith has been underwhelming since this year in the AHL. How is that wrong? Anyone that doesn't have an emotional "hope" that he is the DRWs savior on D will tell you he's underwhelming this year. Red Wings were making excuses by saying "oh he's sick of the AHL so that's why he's struggling, he's ready for the big league", then go on to blame Holland. Then Smith comes up to the NHL this season and has looked lost. He isn't that good.


Btw, how's that Justin Schulz kid doing?

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
  #44
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
He isn't that good.
Better than Quincey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Btw, how's that Justin Schulz kid doing?
Who is Schulz?

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
  #45
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Funny. NHL CENTER ICE doesn't generally give them.

Provide a link or video, or someone else who can back you up.
Get FSD dude. I can't help you if you refuse to watch post game pressers. I'm not here to provide sources, I already grabbed one and people are discrediting. Who cares, he said it... and if that is not enough, look at the ice time Babcock is giving him + PP and PK time.

Common sense. Not that difficult to see Babcock is putting a lot of trust in him, and if you know Babcock's methods (which apparently don't), he will bench a guy he doesn't like... that's his M.O. I am not going to transfer some the presser from my DVR to YT, it's not worth the time and effort. Buck up and pay for FSD if you want to watch it.

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
  #46
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Better than Quincey.



Who is Schulz?
Really?

You just confirmed what I already knew. Thanks

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:20 PM
  #47
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Get FSD dude. I can't help you if you refuse to watch post game pressers. I'm not here to provide sources, I already grabbed one and people are discrediting. Who cares, he said it... and if that is not enough, look at the ice time Babcock is giving him + PP and PK time.

Common sense. Not that difficult to see Babcock is putting a lot of trust in him, and if you know Babcock's methods (which apparently don't), he will bench a guy he doesn't like... that's his M.O. I am not going to transfer some the presser from my DVR to YT, it's not worth the time and effort. Buck up and pay for FSD if you want to watch it.
Hey, here's the facts: you attack me for not having FSD. I don't live in Michigan. My carrier doesn't offer FSD.

Are you actually Kyle Quincey? There's no other way to explain these arguments you keep making. They're irrational.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:21 PM
  #48
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,809
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Really?

You just confirmed what I already knew. Thanks
Yep. Spelled SCHULTZ. Not "Schulz."

You just confirmed what I already knew. Thanks

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM
  #49
HTT3*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Yep. Spelled SCHULTZ. Not "Schulz."

You just confirmed what I already knew. Thanks
Oh did I forget a "t" in Justin's name? And that threw you off and had no clue who I was talking about until I added his Yahoo card?

Funny how you didn't know who he was until I posted his game card. Unless you are being sarcastic, hard to tell if you are being sarcastic. I hope you are saying because I forgot a "t" means that I lost all credibility and therefore am clueless to all hockey.

Only on HF

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
  #50
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Exactly the point. I trust what Holland, Babcock and Nill say and they haven't had much to say on Quincey thus far, he does get asked more questions on Smith though. They are putting out nice points on Smith as you pointed out in more than just one game. Praised Lashoff quite a bit as well.

I really thought the Quincey trade would work out better than it has thus far, really supported the move but it is hard to defend these days.

I hope he turns it around because we need him to. Just tired of the attack on Smith while going full on Quincey is awesome out of HTT3. Then saying watch the game like we don't. They both need to improve and have looked much better these last two games. But Smith didn't enter the season with near the expectations or the demand in salary and role. Quincey deserves more heat and that pairing has struggled, both players not one.
I actually supported going after Quincey before they ever made the move. I do think he'll settle down and maybe he's already started to the last couple games. I have no problem admitting when Im wrong and if Quincey continued to play like he had, I'd be the first one in line. Having said that, this guy clearly has some sort of built in dislike for Smith or he simply thinks all defenseman, except Kyle Quincey, should be Nick Lidstrom. It's puzzling.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.