HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
he had a bad meal in stockholm. since then, hes held a grudge. he actually told josefson that if he scores, hes getting both legs broken. i think hes done a convincing job. he looks like hes trying to score but hes just making sure his legs dont get kerrigand.
Yayo scored last year and then broke his collarbone soon after. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
6 mil cap hit for a 1 way player? 3 years for a guy who couldn't even get a 2 year deal?

Semin is far from underappreciated. He's extremely overrated. He has a top 5 shot in hockey, no doubt, but he average or below average in every other aspect.
I don't like him because he takes lazy stickwork penalties, often in the offensive zone. He is better defensively than most give him credit for, but I don't think he's up to the Devils standard.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
The release of Semin sounds so weird.
I did it on purpose.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Well done my friend. You win the interwebz today.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
The release of Semin sounds so weird.

Ryan O`Reilly please.

Get right on it, Lou.

When I interviewed him in Prague, he had no idea what`s going to happen, but he was hopeful and expected some progress soon. It`s been three weeks since then. Guess Kroenke hasn`t changed a bit, cheap ****er.
I'd love him, but I don't know where he'd fit, unless we convert JJ or Henrique to wing. He's a Devils player through and through though.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
I would love O' Reilly

Old
01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'd love him, but I don't know where he'd fit, unless we convert JJ or Henrique to wing. He's a Devils player through and through though.
That`d be the last of my concerns.

And there you have the answer.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Ya, you make room for good players to fit in. Henrique could easily go to wing, and Yayo would thrive on the third line.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
That`d be the last of my concerns.

And there you have the answer.
Say we do acquire him.

Tallinder+Tedenby+1st as a hypothetical. Tallinder feels their need on the NHL level, as they have E. Johnson and depth defenders. Tedenby gives them an offensive weapon. We can't afford to give up a first, so it's probably going to be altered to something like a minor league forward and a second, if a trade like that goes through.

Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-O'Reilly-Clarkson
Darche-Josefson-Zubrus
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Hell, even do Zubrus-Josefson-Butler if you want.

Last edited by Zippy316: 01-27-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

People say Tally and Volch suck but then want to trade them for premiere assets lol

Old
01-28-2013, 04:23 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
People have been wanting to convert Henrique to wing for over a year, it mystifies me as to why. Josefson's been a total zero offensively at the NHL level, other than Zajac they don't have another offensive pivot anywhere in the system although they can put Elias (complete with the faceoff handicap) at center short-term.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
People say Tally and Volch suck but then want to trade them for premiere assets lol
One man’s trash is another man’s treasure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
People have been wanting to convert Henrique to wing for over a year, it mystifies me as to why. Josefson's been a total zero offensively at the NHL level, other than Zajac they don't have another offensive pivot anywhere in the system although they can put Elias (complete with the faceoff handicap) at center short-term.
TOTALLY AGREE! And i fully believe Pete does also. Henrique will be the 2C on this team Elias will move back to wing. The only way i see Henrique becoming a winger is if we bring in someone better thats a center.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
True... Tallinder and Volch suck and if we find a sucker to bite on the type of packages that are being thrown around our board, we'd be pulling a "Sather".

Let's just hope that someone has a brain cramp before the deadline and by "someone", I don't mean Lou.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Tallinder and Volch don't 'suck', they're just not as good as our other defensemen and they're clogging a spot that could be used on Larsson. You can get something of value for them (well at least Tallinder), freaking Kyle Quincey went for a first at last year's deadline.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
True... Tallinder and Volch suck and if we find a sucker to bite on the type of packages that are being thrown around our board, we'd be pulling a "Sather".

Let's just hope that someone has a brain cramp before the deadline and by "someone", I don't mean Lou.
You are missing the point of my post and just wanted to express your hatred of both players in every thread. People cannot have it both ways. It's one or the other. Someone wanted Kulemin for Tallinder. That's the type of proposal I am talking about.

And I highly doubt a team takes Volchenkov's contract. That amuses me that you will have to suffer for the next three years.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Tallinder and Volch don't 'suck', they're just not as good as our other defensemen and they're clogging a spot that could be used on Larsson. You can get something of value for them (well at least Tallinder), freaking Kyle Quincey went for a first at last year's deadline.
Damn we should be landing Ovechking with one of our d men. I'll take anything

Old
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

If the Caps didn't have so much of their marketing tied up in Ovechkin, they'd probably give you his contract for free at this point.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
You are missing the point of my post and just wanted to express your hatred of both players in every thread. People cannot have it both ways. It's one or the other. Someone wanted Kulemin for Tallinder. That's the type of proposal I am talking about.

And I highly doubt a team takes Volchenkov's contract. That amuses me that you will have to suffer for the next three years.
I'm well aware that if we do move one or the other, we'll be getting Steve Begin and a 4th round pick type of package.

Just the notion of moving a horrible horrible contract would be a win right there. Add the fact that we'd be swapping A-Train for Larsson on our roster and you have yourself another bonus with a single trade. That's a 2 for 1 type of deal. You lose a heavy contract PLUS you insert Larsson in the lineup.

The same can't be said for Tallinder cause his contract is a little less disgusting, since he's a pending UFA, but the point is still the same... 2 for 1.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
CerebralGenesis

Your word choice made me laugh

Good work

Old
01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
LeedsMonster

I saw someone mention James Van Riemsdyk before...would Toronto move him, and if so what would it take? I think hed slot in nicely with Zaj and Kovy

Old
01-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

I'm afraid Patty gets moved to left wing with Kovy, and Trav once Henrique has come back. While it would be a lot better than the other first lines we've had this year so far, it still seems to much on one line. Though I trust Pete will separate it if our other lines suffer. He's been juggling things constantly anyway.

Old
01-28-2013, 05:40 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

obviously a moot point now, but looking back i wish parise wouldnt have stalled his clear intension to return home and lou woulda kicked the tires on antropov from winnipeg while also re-upping ponikarovsky (the best bud connection). i honestly think the jets would have interest in volch despite his contract (if he'd waive his NTC) bc i see them as a solid team w/ depth up front but almost a defensive dman short of really having a good chance to go somewhere. a top 6 of enstrom, byfuglien, hainsey, bogosian, stuart, volchenkov is pretty damn good. even maybe tallinder if volch wouldnt waive. i really believe the devils may have been able to do something like volch for antro + a 2nd or 3rd easily. just was pondering that in my head today.....

henrique-zajac-kovalchuk
zubrus-elias-clarkson
ponikarovsky-josefson-antropov
carter-gionta-bernier

greene-fayne
tallinder-zidlicky
salvador-larsson
harrold

Old
01-28-2013, 05:55 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsMonster View Post
I saw someone mention James Van Riemsdyk before...would Toronto move him, and if so what would it take? I think hed slot in nicely with Zaj and Kovy
They just traded for him so I doubt it. Though it was a Burke move.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
apice3*

JVR is a jersey guy too. I'd love him here. Played pick up roller hockey with him once. He gets overvalued by his team though, because he's still young, so it'll probably cost to much.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:34 PM
DevilsAnimal*

It cost Luke Shenn

we have Teddy :B

Old
01-28-2013, 07:20 PM
SteveCangialosi123

At this point I would trade one or two of Urbom, Severson, Gelinas, or Burlon for a forward prospect or 2 of the same caliber. All of these guys aren't gonna play here. I'd move one or a few of them for a legit forward prospect.

Closed Thread