HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

YOUR limit with Lindy?

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Time for fresh blood. No old Sabres. No cantankerous re-treads.
I reached it last year. Still haven't changed my stance. And his marriage to Regier is a detriment at this point -- the change that is needed will have to involve Darcy's ouster as well. Not that I mind...

01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Amusingly, I was talking to someone about the Sabres last night. She knows nothing about hockey or the NHL, and I told her the Sabres have had the same head coach since 1997. All she said was "He must be pretty comfortable."

Old
01-28-2013, 09:52 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9&postcount=20

Quote:
I'm ready to jump on the fire everyone bandwagon if this team misses the playoffs again....

Old
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
OkimLom

I've reached my limit. The Sabres look disinterested in playing his style. There is no jump no energy. Every player that had any edge to their game has been nutured.

I was a big Ruff supporter. I still stand by what I said previously about him and his system and how it does work, but this team is not built for it and you can blame darcy, but it just seems Ruff is TOO in love with his guys. Watching Hecht play as much as he does, was something I was worried about, Ruff plays his favorites regardless of the chemistry someone might have.

This team needs a new coach. Now who could/would be the next head coach, I don't know but I dont like how this team is playing. Too many SAME mistakes. at some point the coach has to teach his guys to cover those mistakes up and they jsut keep making them over and over, and its just not the same player, its a variety of them, which begs the question, what is systematically wrong with the team?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

"In order to fire Lindy, we need to have a former NHL coach sitting in his boxers watching TSN on call because there is definitely no precedent of minor league coaches leaving their assignments midseason for the show."

Old
01-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
"In order to fire Lindy, we need to have a former NHL coach sitting in his boxers watching TSN on call because there is definitely no precedent of minor league coaches leaving their assignments midseason for the show."
Don't forget eating a tub of ice cream.
Chain is right. We need some new body in here as HC. They may not be "better" at first but if our players but into a new offense system where players like Vanek, Pommers, etc. are let off the chain more. We can see a different situation. I just don't think he is coaching these guys very well for their style of play.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Like I said earlier, finding Ruff's replacement before he's fired isn't a prerequisite. You can fire him whenever you want, have one of Adams or Patrick take over for the remainder of the season and then find a long-term guy in the off-season. That's only going to happen if the team absolutely tanks over the next 20-25 games though, and even then they might just wait until the off-season.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Small sample sizes and all, but I figured this was relevant. Ennis' ratio of offensive/defensive zone draws is 38%. That's less than Hodgson, Grigs, Hecht and Ellis (and worst on the team). So much for Tyler taking on "offensive Roy's" minutes (Derek was 55-60 until last season) so far...

Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Like I said earlier, finding Ruff's replacement before he's fired isn't a prerequisite. You can fire him whenever you want, have one of Adams or Patrick take over for the remainder of the season and then find a long-term guy in the off-season. That's only going to happen if the team absolutely tanks over the next 20-25 games though, and even then they might just wait until the off-season.
That's the avenue... Patrick gets the interim bump (a final thanks), and then barring an epic turnaround, the entire staff is dumped in the offseason.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I know that and said as much two pages ago. I'm making fun of ZZamboni pushing a situation not at all based in reality as a reason for Lindy to stick around.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

I'll show my bias:

Hire Mark Morris or Jean-Francois Houle.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
I know that and said as much two pages ago. I'm making fun of ZZamboni pushing a situation not at all based in reality as a reason for Lindy to stick around.
Oh, my bad. Carry on.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:50 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
That's the avenue... Patrick gets the interim bump (a final thanks), and then barring an epic turnaround, the entire staff is dumped in the offseason.
Give Teppo the interim, based solely on how sharp he looks in a suit.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkimLom View Post
I've reached my limit. The Sabres look disinterested in playing his style. There is no jump no energy. Every player that had any edge to their game has been nutured.

I was a big Ruff supporter. I still stand by what I said previously about him and his system and how it does work, but this team is not built for it and you can blame darcy, but it just seems Ruff is TOO in love with his guys. Watching Hecht play as much as he does, was something I was worried about, Ruff plays his favorites regardless of the chemistry someone might have.

This team needs a new coach. Now who could/would be the next head coach, I don't know but I dont like how this team is playing. Too many SAME mistakes. at some point the coach has to teach his guys to cover those mistakes up and they jsut keep making them over and over, and its just not the same player, its a variety of them, which begs the question, what is systematically wrong with the team?
I kind of agree with you. I was a big Lindy supporter but I think that at this point his message no longer has the impact it once did. The team has checked out on him and I blame his stale style for that.

I think we have some really great pieces here and I would be interested to see if some of the ones who seem to be underachieving manage to quickly turn that around with a new leader. I think a fresh face would do wonders for a lot of these guys.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

It happens all the time in Soccer, coaches get axed and their Co s get the job for the rest of the season. Don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:18 PM
JohnnyDrama21
HFB Partner

They've looked flat going on three years now. I love Lindy, I think he's a fantastic coach but they all have shelf lives. We need a change; someone to put a foot up the ass of this team.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:11 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Not precisely the full thought i typed...

Last edited by Chainshot: 01-29-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: No need for name calling
Old
01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
I kind of agree with you. I was a big Lindy supporter but I think that at this point his message no longer has the impact it once did. The team has checked out on him and I blame his stale style for that.

I think we have some really great pieces here and I would be interested to see if some of the ones who seem to be underachieving manage to quickly turn that around with a new leader. I think a fresh face would do wonders for a lot of these guys.
Yea, it would be interesting ... Does Regier fire Ruff, and put Patrick in the top spot for the next 40+ games then hopefully find a solid replacement? Do the Sabres start having a revolving door of coaches if one doesn't pan out after 1-2 years? It would be interesting to see what another coach can do with this talent. But Regier and probably Pegula are too attached to Ruff to take that risk.

If Patrick takes over does that mean all the fans will write off this season automatically?

Old
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
The Washer

I blame us lazy fans mostly. You want Ruff gone, boycott, stop buying tickets and snacking on 50% off merchandise. You /we are all guilty of enabling this to continue. Until this enabling stops, Ruff will not go anywhere. Maybe poor merch/concession sales and half empty stands is what it will take. Its like the Mafia for COL and you know, they NEVER, voluntarily leave. #GoodFellas

1. Do nothing
2. Increase your wealth
3. Ruff headache gone

If you cannot do this, than I can only surmise, that Ruff for you, has not reached migraine state yet or its obvious you have a weird, S&M style love for him. Either way its put up or shut up time "Fire Ruffers". Put down that credit card and this painful, pounding headache will be gone for life . #Promise #PinkySwear

Move to the "Fire Ruff" crowd.

Disclaimer: Not that I have had a reason, to want Sabres gear for the last few years, I have no current Sabres merch. As much as I want a Grigs jersey, I have since decided to hold off. Seems like a poor investment in a bad product right now.

#AcheBeGone #OnSaleNow #FreeWithCashBack!!!

#Who'sWithMe?

Suggested replacements: Patrick, Patrick, and Rollzy

Last edited by The Washer: 01-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Yes please.Get rid of Adams,Patrick even Teppo.None of them are very good at coaching.

Old
01-28-2013, 06:58 PM
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor

I want Ruff gone just not sure if it should be now rather than at the end of the year. There are good reasons either way. Ruff will maintain that with 3 very young centres and with limited training and no exhibition games that he cannot get them in sync. All true but that or some other excuse has been his mantra for too many years--there have been other teams with money problems, injuries etc. that have done more in the win column. I do not believe in tanking but if there is a year not to get excited then this shortened year with some good picks available might be this one.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Darcy/Pegula will never fire Lindy mid-season, even if we lose 20 games in a row they will still let him finish out the season. They love him too much.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
The Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzoner View Post
I want Ruff gone just not sure if it should be now rather than at the end of the year. There are good reasons either way. Ruff will maintain that with 3 very young centres and with limited training and no exhibition games that he cannot get them in sync. All true but that or some other excuse has been his mantra for too many years--there have been other teams with money problems, injuries etc. that have done more in the win column. I do not believe in tanking but if there is a year not to get excited then this shortened year with some good picks available might be this one.
I agree and are fighting the same tanking thoughts. But I believe with all the talent on this team, that this year would be the only "acceptable" season to tank. However, After seeing game 5, I do not believe Ruff will make it outside of a tank, season. Actually, the tank and fire Ruff plan would be quite ingenious. Ride him to the bottom scapegoat style. Fire him. Hire new coach. Draft top tier prospect. Acquire a top tier player. The town would be in such a buzz, Ruff would be an afterthought.

I will now dream this.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Crazy Tasty

I really hope they go on a 4 game win streak so I can come back and read the 'plan the parade' threads.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I really hope they go on a 4 game win streak so I can come back and read the 'plan the parade' threads.
I think anyone that is a Sabres fan wants them to win. You aren't accusing us of wanting to lose, are you?

Closed Thread