Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Jericho sticking around until WrestleMania 29 - direction for his program

Old
01-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Agreed with much of what everyone is saying. Let Ryback and Show square off in a battle of monsters and let Ziggler and Jericho steal the show with a ladder match for the World title at Mania.

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
If Big Show is already sitting on the ropes it makes the move much easier. Hell, didn't Mark Henry superplex Big Show last year?
Mark Henry is stronger than Ryback without question.

Seth Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Word is the Jericho/Ziggler program will go through Elimination Chamber and then Jericho will turn heel and feud with Ryback for WrestleMania according to the Wrestling Observer.
would prefer to see exciting face Jericho for the entire time. Dont want to seehim beat down by ryback either way.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Mark Henry is stronger than Ryback without question.
No doubt. Ryback is not the physical specimen they make him out to be. I suspect theres quite a few guy son the roster with more functional strength than Ryback.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Jericho putting over Ryback sounds like the best thing for everybody.

Jericho made Batista look like a monster in one match, he could do wonders for Ryback and would have no problems jobbing out considering he really doesnt have much left in the tank.

Give the new guys the rub, its good business.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

I'd really like for Mark Henry to come back and face Big Show. If you could have a Monsters Match, I'd actually enjoy it if you start with Big Show, Henry, and Ryback with some form of title shot or stipulation. They could use it to put Ryback over if he gains the strength to manhandle and lift them like Goldberg or some current wrestlers can. It's tough to see Ryback as a monster if he can't lift as much as Cena and Sheamus.

Is there no time limit of Ziggler holding brief case? Could he start out Vs. Jericho is a match, get put over, then cash in later on into WM to win the title?

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I'd really like for Mark Henry to come back and face Big Show. If you could have a Monsters Match, I'd actually enjoy it if you start with Big Show, Henry, and Ryback with some form of title shot or stipulation. They could use it to put Ryback over if he gains the strength to manhandle and lift them like Goldberg or some current wrestlers can. It's tough to see Ryback as a monster if he can't lift as much as Cena and Sheamus.

Is there no time limit of Ziggler holding brief case? Could he start out Vs. Jericho is a match, get put over, then cash in later on into WM to win the title?
He can hold the briefcase until the MITB PPV.

01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
No doubt. Ryback is not the physical specimen they make him out to be. I suspect theres quite a few guy son the roster with more functional strength than Ryback.
Ryback can barely walk. Idk if anyone on the roster has more strength than Kane or Brock.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
- Chris Jericho's return at the Royal Rumble reportedly had some mixed reactions. Some were excited for his return heading into Wrestlemania, but many felt that Jericho was there just to "take the spot" of other talents. WWE has always been known for bring back some former superstars for the Road to Wrestlemania. Jericho will likely be involved with Wrestlemania this year taking place at Met Life Stadium.

The reaction for the return of Goldust and Godfather has been positive based on the crowd's reaction. There have not been any discussions for Goldust and Godfather doing more than a one night appearance. It seems like they will not be used for further storylines.
PWInsider

It's like Austin said in that sit-down interview with JR and Punk. The roster is too comfortable making money and being on TV rather than going out there and trying to be the best and making their own spot.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
PWInsider

It's like Austin said in that sit-down interview with JR and Punk. The roster is too comfortable making money and being on TV rather than going out there and trying to be the best and making their own spot.
Wow. That's pretty ballsy since it seems to me that Y2J is there to put over talent on the roster. Why not take the opportunity to ask questions and learn from him?

Wrestlers wasting a spot in the Rumble include every member of 3MB, Khali, Santino, Otunga, Ryder, Albert, ...

Does this mean they're not thrilled with Rock as well?

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:10 PM
AddMan3001
Don't poke the bear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Wow. That's pretty ballsy since it seems to me that Y2J is there to put over talent on the roster. Why not take the opportunity to ask questions and learn from him?

Wrestlers wasting a spot in the Rumble include every member of 3MB, Khali, Santino, Otunga, Ryder, Albert, ...

Does this mean they're not thrilled with Rock as well?
Agree with all of this. Of all the guys the WWE could bring back, Jericho should be the one the wrestlers like the most. The guy has said on multiple occasions he has no problems losing 9 out of 10 and he seems to love helping put guys over. He isn't the Rock, coming back in to take the title off anyone.

Quote:
PWInsider

And double agree with this. Seemed like everyone was trying to out-do each other in the 90's / early 00's. I just don't get the vibe from the vast majority of the locker room that they want to put any kind of work into it. Ziggler is one, but I'm hard pressed to think of many others.

AddMan3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Ryback going over Jericho won't do anything if Jericho's last comeback was any evidence.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

I'd be surprised if people are upset with Jericho returning. He has been around multiple times so he would know the current roster and constantly gives the rub to up-and-coming talent.

I can understand The Rock. Gone for 7 years to just Headline Wrestlemania's while doing pre-taped bits. However, they should see these guys coming back as an opportunity to really put themselves out there and sell some t-shirts. With PG and fears over head trauma it can not be as extreme as it once was so they may be neutered somewhat but they need to push Vince to give them the chance to be less vanilla.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
I'd be surprised if people are upset with Jericho returning. He has been around multiple times so he would know the current roster and constantly gives the rub to up-and-coming talent.

I can understand The Rock. Gone for 7 years to just Headline Wrestlemania's while doing pre-taped bits. However, they should see these guys coming back as an opportunity to really put themselves out there and sell some t-shirts. With PG and fears over head trauma it can not be as extreme as it once was so they may be neutered somewhat but they need to push Vince to give them the chance to be less vanilla.
Um....did you see the buy rates with Rock on top?

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

The Rock puts ***** in seats and money in the entire locker rooms pocket.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:10 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Jericho has better not job to that pos ziggler

Ziggler couldnt tie Jerichos boots

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Um....did you see the buy rates with Rock on top?
I meant more in regards to the fact that the locker room wouldn't know him, when they would know Jericho as he has been on or around the roster. I can see them initially disliking The Rock returning because they don't know him. In the end they should be happy because 1) they aren't top ticket anyways 2) gets more eyes 3) Thus giving them an opportunity to go all-out and sell t-shirts.

So I do agree with you, I just phrased it poorly last time.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Jericho vs. Ziggler at Mania? That would be a pretty sweet mid-card match. They could even go on first so that by the end of the show everyone has forgotten about Ziggler and his briefcase...
I think they've made it a tradition to open with the WHC match. Ziggler/Jericho would be a good show opener though. Lots of energy, gets the crowd hot. Hell, that could be the WHC match anyways.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
If they are thinking about doing a MITB match at Mania, then I believe that means Ziggler will have cashed in the MITB before Mania.

I believe he cashes in on Del Rio at the Chamber, we get Del Rio/Ziggler at Mania in the opener. That wipe MITB clear and means they can have their ladder match to circulate another MITB that can be cashed o either title like the original concept.
I heard talk last year they were going to bring it back but then Barrett got hurt and they didn't want to give it to somebody else so they scrapped the idea entirely and went with Team Teddy vs Team Johnny (which I think they pulled off surprisingly well actually).

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

As long as the MITB PPV continues doing good business I doubt MITB returns to WM.