HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stay/GO with the 18/19 yr olds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 03:15 PM
  #1
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Stay/GO with the 18/19 yr olds

Philadelphia opted Scott Laughton back to Juniors after his 5 games.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...aughton-junior


Grigorenko with Buffalo has played his 5th game so its now decidion time on him. Since Buffalo plays next on Tuesday and Vanek appears he will be back Grigorenko likely will be a healthy scratch for the next couple of games as they decide what to do. As it stands now Buffalo has Hodgson , Ennis, and Hecht as Centers. Leino could play center. On Sunday he played about 17 minutes and didnt do any glaring mistakes and had a couple of scoring chances. Given the lack of depth its likely he stays. But if he does then that puts pressure on the GM to make a trade to open up their roster. they will need to make some sort of deal emptying some of their roster like a 2 for 1 player trade or a player for pick deal. Currently they 2 D (Weber and Brennen) and 1 forward (Ellis) on the not dressed/pressbox list and 2 players on IR (Leino and McCormick). Ellis likely would clear waivers to go down to AHL. Brennen or Weber will not clear waivers. They would like to give Grigorenko some NHL experience this year because next year they will be getting RW Joel Arima coming over from Finland (already signed to an entry contract taking effect next year) and penciled in as Grigs RW playmate next season. The likely forward player traded outside of a major trade would be Cody McCormick being dealt from their NHL roster.


It appears Yakupov will stay in Edmonton. Steffan Matteau still has another game to play before he hits game #5.

Minnesota sent Mike Dumba back



It looks as if Montreal will keep their 2 JR eligible players.


Any word elsewhere?

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:19 PM
  #2
EveryDay
Registered User
 
EveryDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Philadelphia opted Scott Laughton back to Juniors after his 5 games.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...aughton-junior


Grigorenko with Buffalo has played his 5th game so its now decidion time on him. Since Buffalo plays next on Tuesday and Vanek appears he will be back Grigorenko likely will be a healthy scratch for the next couple of games as they decide what to do. As it stands now Buffalo has Hodgson , Ennis, and Hecht as Centers. Leino could play center. On Sunday he played about 17 minutes and didnt do any glaring mistakes and had a couple of scoring chances. Given the lack of depth its likely he stays. But if he does then that puts pressure on the GM to make a trade to open up their roster. they will need to make some sort of deal emptying some of their roster like a 2 for 1 player trade or a player for pick deal. Currently they 2 D (Weber and Brennen) and 1 forward (Ellis) on the not dressed/pressbox list and 2 players on IR (Leino and McCormick). Ellis likely would clear waivers to go down to AHL. Brennen or Weber will not clear waivers. They would like to give Grigorenko some NHL experience this year because next year they will be getting RW Joel Arima coming over from Finland (already signed to an entry contract taking effect next year) and penciled in as Grigs RW playmate next season. The likely forward player traded outside of a major trade would be Cody McCormick being dealt from their NHL roster.


It appears Yakupov will stay in Edmonton. Steffan Matteau still has another game to play before he hits game #5.

Minnesota sent Mike Dumba back



It looks as if Montreal will keep their 2 JR eligible players.


Any word elsewhere?

Gallagher was playing in the AHL, he can be return to AHL

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:20 PM
  #3
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,001
vCash: 500
Playing your junior level players at 18 and burning a year off of their contract is such a bad idea...

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:30 PM
  #4
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,355
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Playing your junior level players at 18 and burning a year off of their contract is such a bad idea...
You could look at it both ways. If they don't have good starts to their careers stats wise, it is going to help on the next contract. The key is making sure they are ready for the NHL and continuing to develop.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:41 PM
  #5
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Looking like Scheifele will go back to Barrie.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:46 PM
  #6
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Playing your junior level players at 18 and burning a year off of their contract is such a bad idea...
Alas for the Habs, they don't actually have a better player in the system anywhere to use instead. So at $900k/bonuses Galchenyuk is actually their best/most affordable option. And they'll sell lots of jerseys and souvenirs that much sooner too. I don't think there is contract-burning side of it. It's purely on contribution and development. Galchenyuk is contributing, and it seems like he's ready for this stage and it will only help his development, so that's all that matters.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 03:52 PM
  #7
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pominville
Country: Nauru
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Minnesota sent Mike Dumba back
It's not that hard. It's not like his first name is Mogalushijo.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
  #8
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Philadelphia opted Scott Laughton back to Juniors after his 5 games.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/88...aughton-junior


Grigorenko with Buffalo has played his 5th game so its now decidion time on him. Since Buffalo plays next on Tuesday and Vanek appears he will be back Grigorenko likely will be a healthy scratch for the next couple of games as they decide what to do. As it stands now Buffalo has Hodgson , Ennis, and Hecht as Centers. Leino could play center. On Sunday he played about 17 minutes and didnt do any glaring mistakes and had a couple of scoring chances. Given the lack of depth its likely he stays. But if he does then that puts pressure on the GM to make a trade to open up their roster. they will need to make some sort of deal emptying some of their roster like a 2 for 1 player trade or a player for pick deal. Currently they 2 D (Weber and Brennen) and 1 forward (Ellis) on the not dressed/pressbox list and 2 players on IR (Leino and McCormick). Ellis likely would clear waivers to go down to AHL. Brennen or Weber will not clear waivers. They would like to give Grigorenko some NHL experience this year because next year they will be getting RW Joel Arima coming over from Finland (already signed to an entry contract taking effect next year) and penciled in as Grigs RW playmate next season. The likely forward player traded outside of a major trade would be Cody McCormick being dealt from their NHL roster.


It appears Yakupov will stay in Edmonton. Steffan Matteau still has another game to play before he hits game #5.

Minnesota sent Mike Dumba back



It looks as if Montreal will keep their 2 JR eligible players.


Any word elsewhere?
Anaheim may be keeping Rickard Rakell. Still tbd though

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:09 PM
  #9
tsujimoto74
Registered User
 
tsujimoto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Looking like Scheifele will go back to Barrie.
Has he not been that good? Or is there just not enough room on the roster for him? I thought he looked pretty ready in juniors this year, but I haven't watched any of Winnipeg's games yet.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:28 PM
  #10
oilinblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Has he not been that good? Or is there just not enough room on the roster for him? I thought he looked pretty ready in juniors this year, but I haven't watched any of Winnipeg's games yet.
not a big fan of watching winnipeg so i just dont. Is this a coach issue or what? How has he looked?

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  #11
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,474
vCash: 500
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/28/39...real-canadiens

Galchenyuk & Gallager are staying for Montreal

Quote:
The Montreal Canadiens have announced that rookie Alex Galchenyuk will remain with the NHL team, as the deadline for sending players back to the juniors approached. Forward Brendan Gallagher will also remain with the team.

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 04:47 PM
  #12
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Has he not been that good? Or is there just not enough room on the roster for him? I thought he looked pretty ready in juniors this year, but I haven't watched any of Winnipeg's games yet.
Space related mostly. He would't be able to bump someone from the top 6, and the team has better third line options as well at the moment (poni, Burmi, wellwood). He's close though IM0.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
  #13
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces
 
Aceonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
It's not that hard. It's not like his first name is Mogalushijo.
It must be Matt's relative...

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:01 PM
  #14
CHegs1349
Registered User
 
CHegs1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Chiarelli announced today that Hamilton is staying in Boston for the year, not much of a surprise but now official.

CHegs1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:03 PM
  #15
B A T M A N
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Devils will send Matteau down.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:06 PM
  #16
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,543
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Devils will send Matteau down.
Most likely. Not definite though. He has impressed

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:10 PM
  #17
B A T M A N
Risen
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gotham
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Most likely. Not definite though. He has impressed
The only rookies they have ever kept the year after drafting him has been Niedermayer and Larsson. Don't see Matteau being added to that elusive list.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
  #18
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
The only rookies they have ever kept the year after drafting him has been Niedermayer and Larsson. Don't see Matteau being added to that elusive list.
That's not a factor in deciding whether he stays or not though...

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:32 PM
  #19
Zippy316
Registered User
 
Zippy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier Ouellet View Post
That's not a factor in deciding whether he stays or not though...
Right now, he's a third/fourth liner. No reason to burn a year of his ELC for him to play 6-9 minutes a night. Niedermayer and Larsson stayed because they were ready for prime time minutes, Matteau is not.

Matteau is the stopgap until Henrique comes back essentially.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
  #20
Xav
Undrafted Free Agent
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cascadia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,067
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Right now, he's a third/fourth liner. No reason to burn a year of his ELC for him to play 6-9 minutes a night. Niedermayer and Larsson stayed because they were ready for prime time minutes, Matteau is not.

Matteau is the stopgap until Henrique comes back essentially.
Oh I agree with that.

I'm just saying he's not gonna be sent down because the only 2 players to stay in the past were Larsson and Niedermayer and that her doesnt belong in that group

Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
  #21
BIG BAD BRUINS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...L%7CBOS%7Chome

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:08 PM
  #22
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Right now, he's a third/fourth liner. No reason to burn a year of his ELC for him to play 6-9 minutes a night. Niedermayer and Larsson stayed because they were ready for prime time minutes, Matteau is not.

Matteau is the stopgap until Henrique comes back essentially.
Same reason for Philadelphia sending Laughton back. He played for Brierre but there wasnt a need for him this year because of their depth at Center. He would be stuck in a 4th line role.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
  #23
lifeisruff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: wny
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
if I was betting, I'd say Grigo stays. Too little forward depth, and he may not have wowed anyone, but he's still better then Matt Ellis and Luke Adam.

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:37 PM
  #24
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHegs1349 View Post
Chiarelli announced today that Hamilton is staying in Boston for the year, not much of a surprise but now official.
He should stay up. Dougie looks like a kid that has been in the league for five years ... plays a very solid game without question and doesn't look out of place.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:38 PM
  #25
OCPenguin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Same reason for Philadelphia sending Laughton back. He played for Brierre but there wasnt a need for him this year because of their depth at Center. He would be stuck in a 4th line role.
Let me preface this by saying I'm certainly not a Flyers fan, but I was impressed with what I saw from Laughton. Probably wise to send him down because this year might be a lost cause. That said, he didn't look out of place to me and played well.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.