vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Cullen to Chicago.

Setoguchi, Clutterbuck+ for Kessel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
+ Would probably be Hackett + 1st
As previously mentioned, Cullen's not getting traded.

Kessel for Setoguchi, Clutterbuck and Hackett would get reamed SO hard on the trade forum. Honestly, I bet it would probably get locked due to flaming Leaf's fans.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:47 PM
tyratoku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
As previously mentioned, Cullen's not getting traded.

Kessel for Setoguchi, Clutterbuck and Hackett would get reamed SO hard on the trade forum. Honestly, I bet it would probably get locked due to flaming Leaf's fans.
I tried Seto + Hackett + 1st, and one leafs fan said it would have to start with Coyle or Phillips(lol wut?).

Another leafs fan responded and said it would have "Start with Granlund and add"

Silly leafs fans.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Like I said, sign him when he becomes an UFA in 2014.

We'll have Parise and Suter talk to him about joining our Team USA/WCHA reunion team.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
let the insanity continue...Penner has been scratched by the Kings for a couple games (I think i read that somewhere). any interest in unloading one of our bums for a big guy?

Old
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Penner was a playoff beast during LA's cup run. Him being invisible during the regular season is pretty typical.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:38 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
+1st?

I don't know. That's a lot of pieces for one guy.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
+1st?

I don't know. That's a lot of pieces for one guy.
I agree.

Quality > Quantity

Would probably create a lot of holes for the Wild, though.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:51 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
let the insanity continue...Penner has been scratched by the Kings for a couple games (I think i read that somewhere). any interest in unloading one of our bums for a big guy?
I would be all over Penner for the 2nd line with Granlund. Give Coyle a full season in the AHL.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
he has Cup magic.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'…toile du Nord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I would be all over Penner for the 2nd line with Granlund. Give Coyle a full season in the AHL.
I don't think you would say that if you saw Penner play recently...

17 points in 65 games with the Kings last year. Doesn't hit. Skating is Heatley-esque. Constantly injured.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:41 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

I'm against this Penner idea as well. We need guys that will work their tail off and good 'ol Pancakes doesn't exactly have that rep.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Before the season started I was all about trading for a d-man but after seeing how poorly our offense is outside of the 1st line I don't even know anymore. I think I hold off on making any moves to improve the team right now as it would probably cost us a prospect or a pick. If anything, I'd rather trade away a forward or two and bring up some of the guys from Houston and see what they can do.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
I dont have any idea about the powerforward...
...Coyle? And he's been with Granlund before, too. No need to sell the farm to get one guy.

PMB - Granlund - Coyle would be awesome. Or even Zucker - Granlund - Coyle. Then we could roll with:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - Granlund - Coyle
Bouchard - Brodziak - Setoguchi
Mitchell - Konopka - Clutterbuck
Powe

Cullen asked to waive his NTC, traded to SJ for Sheppard.

Kassian is the problem, though. He would most likely get claimed if sent down, and I don't really want to lose a guy like that for nothing.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:29 AM
lacrosseguy

Zucker is -10, Granlund -4, Coyle-6 against AHL guys and you want them playing together as a second line in the NHL ?

All good players but not ready collectively together at this level, IMO.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Penner was a playoff beast during LA's cup run. Him being invisible during the regular season is pretty typical.
...hmmm....hmmmmm.....hmmmmmmmmm......

Intriguing, but no.

While Penner would give us some of what we lost with Lats (big guy who can score goals around the net), he has the same issues (in poor shape, inconsistent) and is less skilled while costing more money.

I like the idea of a power-forward, but not Penner. Would rather give Coyle a shot.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:58 AM
nickschultzfan

Penner is low-cost, middle-reward, little-chance-of-that-happening.

I would throw him on the ice with Granlund and tell me to protect the little guy. Penner isn't really that kind of guy, but he might play with some more grit if he was given a single task and held accountable.

Motivation has always been a factor with the guy and good coaches find ways to motivate all players.

And if it doesn't work out? Who cares. We'd probably only trade like Powe to get him.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think Powe might add more value to the team with his penalty killing than Penner would.

We tried the inconsistent offensive forward thing the last few years...didn't work out.

Penner scored a whopping 7 goals and 17 points in 65 games last year. That kind of production without any other assets (like PK, fighting, etc) isn't worth a contract spot IMO.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:24 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 300
I like Powe on that 4th line and PK....no questioning his effort, that's for sure.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:27 AM
nickschultzfan

Does anybody really care if the 4th line is Powe-Kenopka-Mitchell, Clutterbuck-Kenopka-Mitchell, or Kenopka-Dowell-Mitchell?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

As much as I don't really want to move Setoguchi (just because), I would think that Despres/Setoguchi deal would be beneficial for both sides.

But someone asked Russo on twitter about what the Wild would be looking for. He said draft picks. Do you think we could get a late 1st rounder for him? Or multiple 2nd rounders? I think I'd be pissed to see him traded just for a 2nd or anything lower than that (even though I realize, his value isn't particularly high right now).

Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
As much as I don't really want to move Setoguchi (just because), I would think that Despres/Setoguchi deal would be beneficial for both sides.

But someone asked Russo on twitter about what the Wild would be looking for. He said draft picks. Do you think we could get a late 1st rounder for him? Or multiple 2nd rounders? I think I'd be pissed to see him traded just for a 2nd or anything lower than that (even though I realize, his value isn't particularly high right now).
I'm not going to find the article, but Russo brought up the trade rumor with Despres as well. Russo believed it could help both teams, and thought there might be something behind this one.

Let's not forget, he is not usually someone who gets involved in trade rumors until there is something to substantiate. He must have heard something from a fairly reliable source.

I think this trade would be fair and could be quite beneficial to both teams as well. Trades like that don't grow on trees.

While I will be a little disappointed to lose Seto, as I think he still has more to prove here, his position is the most easily replaced by our prospects in Houston, and a prospect like Despres fills a role we truly need.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
grN1g

would prob be something like despres + 3rd/2nd depending on how well setoguchi produces.

Any trade with Pitt for a dman is prob gonna have to wait, Matt Niskanen out 2-4 weeks with lower body injury, so im sure Despres will be relied upon more.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If the Wild go for draft picks, it's to free up a contract spot.

They are going to need to make a decision on Prosser soon as well. Can't just send him to the minors. They need a contract spot. Maybe they waive Falk instead...he's a better D-man but would be more likely to get claimed and open up that roster/contract spot.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:06 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I'm not going to find the article, but Russo brought up the trade rumor with Despres as well. Russo believed it could help both teams, and thought there might be something behind this one.

Let's not forget, he is not usually someone who gets involved in trade rumors until there is something to substantiate. He must have heard something from a fairly reliable source.

I think this trade would be fair and could be quite beneficial to both teams as well. Trades like that don't grow on trees.

While I will be a little disappointed to lose Seto, as I think he still has more to prove here, his position is the most easily replaced by our prospects in Houston, and a prospect like Despres fills a role we truly need.
Here's the tweet, I was thinking of.

Chase Latvaaho ‏@CLatvaaho
@Russostrib so Who Would you want in return for setoguchi if Chuck decides to go the trade route
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
18h Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
@CLatvaaho If they make a trade like that, my guess is it would be for draft picks, etc. the goal would be to bring up zucker, etc

Old
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post

Draft picks? Really? I mean, we probably don't want to admit it, but we're a little bit in "win now mode" right?

Closed Thread