HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla

Old
01-26-2013, 09:52 PM
DevilsAnimal*

vCash: 500
Iginla

Iginla is easly one of my favourite players. He's up at the end of the year, and deserves to win a cup, what would the flames get for the best player in franchise history?

also while im here, Ive seen baertschi play in abbotsford, and he is amazing, easily elite talent some day, but I do really really want him on my team, so whats he worth? [have jokingly]

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Johnny Canuck

prospect, conditional 1st round on Iginla resigning.

Johnny Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 09:59 PM
flameaholic

Search 'Value of: Jarome Iginla' on HFboards and 10,000,000 threads will come up.

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:14 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

If he's dealt, he belongs to the Pens. We will give you any one of our defense prospects and a 2013 1st.

Great way to kickstart a rebuild.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

if hes available expect the kings to be on him. Id love to see kopitar him and brown play on a line.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:22 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
If he's dealt, he belongs to the Pens. We will give you any one of our defense prospects and a 2013 1st.

I'd hope Iginla signs with Pens if we offer say Despres+1st.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
funky

Bernier, Loktionov, Roach

Bernier will take the ball from Kipper
Loktionov needs a team in need of a long term 2nd line center
lesser prospect/pick/ player like Richardson

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:13 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I'd hope Iginla signs with Pens if we offer say Despres+1st.
i'd do Despres or Pouliot and a conditional 1st rounder in the 2013 draft (the condition being if Iginla re-signs with the Pens).

i don't think the Flames would do that, though. there's no other way to put it; Iginla IS the Calgary Flames. even though i'd LOVE to see him in a Pens jersey, it would be very weird seeing him in any other jersey than a Flames jersey.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:21 PM
nmbr_24

My guess as far as what it would take to get Iginla is a 1st round pick, a good prospect and a player that can fill his roster spot right now. It wouldn't be a player of Iginla's quality, but it would be an NHL player who could step right in and fill his roster spot.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:49 AM
flameaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
i'd do Despres or Pouliot and a conditional 1st rounder in the 2013 draft (the condition being if Iginla re-signs with the Pens).

i don't think the Flames would do that, though. there's no other way to put it; Iginla IS the Calgary Flames. even though i'd LOVE to see him in a Pens jersey, it would be very weird seeing him in any other jersey than a Flames jersey.
Which is why he's probably not going to get traded.

HFboard's infatuation with Iggy needs to stop!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 12:54 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 919
Quote:

This would probably be good if the Flames are completely out of it come trade-deadline.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
Iginla is easly one of my favourite players. He's up at the end of the year, and deserves to win a cup, what would the flames get for the best player in franchise history?
Calgary will likely get 1 or 2 young prospects either in the AHL or starting their career and a conditional pick depending on him resigning with the club trading for him.

There will likely be a ton of interest in him by about a dozen teams at least so a bidding war could draw out better return for him.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:13 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

Washington should make a bid for both Iginla and Kipper. It would solve their heart and goaltending problems in one fell swoop. Moreover, they have the assets to do it.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Browsing some recent trade deadline transactions and Iginla is easily worth a 1st and a very good prospect, if not more when you consider that at the past 2 deadlines.....

Kyle Quincy returned a 1st round pick.
Paul Gaustad returned a 1st round pick.
Dustin Penner returned a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick) and Colten Teubert.
Mike Fisher for a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick).
Kris Versteeg returned a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.
Tomas Kaberle returned a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick) and Joe Colborne.

Tomas Kaberle has the closest value to Iginla out of that group of players and he returned a 1st round selection, Colborne who at the time was considered a top 50 prospect and a conditional 2nd if the Bruins win the Cup or he re-signs. And that deal was made before we saw Gaustad a career 3rd liner return a 1st round pick.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:06 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
Browsing some recent trade deadline transactions and Iginla is easily worth a 1st and a very good prospect, if not more when you consider that at the past 2 deadlines.....

Dustin Penner returned a 1st round pick, 3rd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick) and Colten Teubert.
Mike Fisher for a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick).
Tomas Kaberle returned a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick (was a conditional 2nd round pick) and Joe Colborne.

Tomas Kaberle has the closest value to Iginla out of that group of players and he returned a 1st round selection, Colborne who at the time was considered a top 50 prospect and a conditional 2nd if the Bruins win the Cup or he re-signs. And that deal was made before we saw Gaustad a career 3rd liner return a 1st round pick.
The value of Iginla at the deadline might be slightly higher than it would be right now. I could see a pretty good bidding war happening at the deadline. All of those players certainly had elevated trade values at the deadline.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post

Abosuluely right !! I'm down there with u ... And I would had that specially this year since it a short season a lot of team will be contender !! If a team is close to the playoff they will make a push and that what make the price go high on a player ! I see iginla getting something like despres + 1round + tangradi

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 09:21 AM
SteelFish87*

Quote:

This. He and Crosby have great chemistry and the pens really really need a player just like him

SteelFish87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:42 PM
FF de Mars

Iginla

The Flames will have to rebuild from this year on. Maybe it's too early. But for a team like the Canadiens missing Pacioretty for 1 month it would be a good opportunity to stay competitive. What is the value of Iginla ? At the deadline or now (if you want to tank for the good cause).

This is for all the teams. What do you think Inginla, a UFA to be, is worth ?

From a Montréal perspective I would say Eller (a big center, 13th overall), a 1st, and two 2nd (one of those being Calgary's from the Cammy trade, which will probably be in the 30s). Maybe I'm jumping off the gun, but I really think Calgary needs to rebuild, draft guys like Barkov.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
The Flames will have to rebuild from this year on. Maybe it's too early. But for a team like the Canadiens missing Pacioretty for 1 month it would be a good opportunity to stay competitive. What is the value of Iginla ? At the deadline or now (if you want to tank for the good cause).

This is for all the teams. What do you think Inginla, a UFA to be, is worth ?

From a Montréal perspective I would say Eller (a big center, 13th overall), a 1st, and two 2nd (one of those being Calgary's from the Cammy trade, which will probably be in the 30s). Maybe I'm jumping off the gun, but I really think Calgary needs to rebuild, draft guys like Barkov.
I think it really depends on the direction management is going for the Flames. If we are sinking fast, and hovering out of the playoffs I can see Iginla being shopped around. Do I want to trade him, no. Should we trade him, maybe.

I'd say that the deal proposed is of pretty good value, and as a Flames fan I'd definitely consider it. The whole point of trading Iginla is to build for the future, and this would certainly help greatly.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Alexdaman

Eller, 1st. Not much more than that if the habs want to make a good deal. Iginla is giving his best but his age is getting to him + his contract is coming to an end this summer. To make the deal worth something we would need some sort of guarantee that he signs with us before it expires.

Alexdaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I know Bruins fans love him as do I.

Boston: Iginla
Calgary: 2014 1st, Jordan Caron, Jared Knight

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
I know Bruins fans love him as do I.

Boston: Iginla
Calgary: 2014 1st, Jordan Caron, Jared Knight
Three ex 1st rounders from Boston. Tell me, Caron and Knight are big forwards drafted a while ago. What future do you see in them in the NHL. I know I wanted Caron to slip to the 2nd round for the Habs.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:59 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Jared Knight is a former 2nd rounder.
I think people are high on Knight but higher on Spooner
Caron is a big body who if he wasn't injured would probably be on the 3rd line now

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:02 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Jared Knight is a former 2nd rounder.
I think people are high on Knight but higher on Spooner
Caron is a big body who if he wasn't injured would probably be on the 3rd line now
I can't wait for the 1st Bruins-Habs game. I'll watch it with my neighbor from Vancouver who's a new found CH fan... I hope Bergevin wins the Iginla sweepcake !

Old
01-28-2013, 08:04 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Eller is basically Backlund don't really want him swap with Gallagher/ Leblanc and keep your second.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote