HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Iginla

Old
01-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Haatley

vCash: 681
the flames are better than the canadiens and closer to being a playoff team

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Mods can we please just get a ALL IGINLA VALUE thread? Feels like every day there is a new one.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:09 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haatley View Post
T dot hogtown right ?

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Alexdaman

Probably the best way to get him to MTL is simply to start showing interest to him before the end of the season, then to make him a good offer- 3yrs @ 15M$ total 6M$/5.5M$/3.5M$. We would have enough cap space with Kaberle gone.

Gallagher/Galchenyuk/Iginla I hope he could keep up!

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:12 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Probably the best way to get him to MTL is simply to start showing interest to him before the end of the season, then to make him a good offer- 3yrs @ 15M$ total 6M$/5.5M$/3.5M$. We would have enough cap space with Kaberle gone.

Gallagher/Galchenyuk/Iginla I hope he could keep up!
But right now would be the best way for Montréal, with Pacioretty's appendix chirurgical operation. Our first line is dry. DD and Cole need a teammate and Eller is a center.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Well, before the season predictions had the flames finishing 12th in the west and the habs 13th in the east. Predictions have so far been correct for Calgary but not for Montreal... Aging team with few talented rookies? It seems to be the main cause for the team's struggles.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:14 PM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 291
If Iginla gets moved it will be to a Cup contender, and right now I don't see the Habs edging out teams like Boston or Pittsburgh.

MuffinMerc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

His value is exactly somewhere between what flames fans think it is and what every teams fans that want him think

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
But right now would be the best way for Montréal, with Pacioretty's appendix chirurgical operation. Our first line is dry. DD and Cole need a teammate and Eller is a center.
Yeah but his contract ends this year and with no guarantee that he stays we could be giving away our 1st and Eller for nothing.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:15 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
His value is exactly somewhere between what flames fans think it is and what every teams fans that want him think
Hence ? A 1st, a good NHL prospect, two 2nd rounders ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
If Iginla gets moved it will be to a Cup contender, and right now I don't see the Habs edging out teams like Boston or Pittsburgh.
Pittsburgh would have to trade their future Dman corp. I'm awaiting for a Pens fan offer.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
I don't think this is entirely true. I wish it was.

The Canadiens have a very solid young core: Pacs, Subban, Price, Gally, Markov, and Georges.
They also have good vet leadership players: Pleks, Cole, Gionta

They seem like they are heading in the right direction with a solid mix of youth and veterans.

_____

Flames have some good young players in Baertschi, Backlund, Brodie and a solid veteran core... The problem is, most of our core is 32+ yrs or older. I think overall, the Canadiens are a healthier organization.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Irrelevant IMO cause neither team is close to winning a cup so it would be stupid for the flames to keep him or for the Habs to trade for him

Old
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Hence ? A 1st, a good NHL prospect, two 2nd rounders ?

Pittsburgh would have to trade their future Dman corp. I'm awaiting for a Pens fan offer.
I'd take a 1st, prospect, and two 2nd rounders!

Old
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Alexdaman

To every habs fans here, there is no valuable reason to want to trade our 1st, Eller and two 2nd rounders for Iginla. In fact there's not a team in the NHL that should do that move because Iginla will have no contract binding him to an NHL team in 4 months for now.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:26 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I'd take a 1st, prospect, and two 2nd rounders!
I would too. Iginla would be a threat in our veteran locker room and would fill our 1st line and as you all know injuries will happen.

Eller needs a chance at top 6 center. The Blues fans wanted him back on HF. We got him from the Halak trade. He would succeed in Calgary with big minutes at center, and he's a 23 years old 6 foot + center with good NHL experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
what i dont understand is ... why do it now? if you arent going to extend Iggy than why werent you trading him last year when you would have gotten more.

asinine. If they arent extending him and going to deal him this year or let him walk that entire organization should be fired. missed a much bigger pay off last year. for this reason i have to assume Calgary wants to extend him into his seniors discount at shoppers drug. In the mean time they look very happy to employ euro senior leaguers.

if they wanted to trade iginla last year, boumeester and others could have gotten them a great return. kipper is their best chip as far as i am concerned.
To rebuild. Maybe get 1st overall. Or top 5.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 01-28-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
oilinblood

what i dont understand is ... why do it now? if you arent going to extend Iggy than why werent you trading him last year when you would have gotten more.

asinine. If they arent extending him and going to deal him this year or let him walk that entire organization should be fired. missed a much bigger pay off last year. for this reason i have to assume Calgary wants to extend him into his seniors discount at shoppers drug. In the mean time they look very happy to employ euro senior leaguers.

if they wanted to trade iginla last year, boumeester and others could have gotten them a great return. kipper is their best chip as far as i am concerned.

FTR -- iam an oilers fan but i dont hate on the flames and iggy gets my respect as a player, athlete, and human. Personally i think Iggy should stay in Calgary but if not they should have dealt him last year when they knew their only option to fool fans into thinking they still had an nhl teeam was to sign some UFAs no one else wanted and undrafted euro leaguers.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Eller, 1st. Not much more than that if the habs want to make a good deal. Iginla is giving his best but his age is getting to him + his contract is coming to an end this summer. To make the deal worth something we would need some sort of guarantee that he signs with us before it expires.
That's not how trade deadline rentals work.

Anyway, I don't see why Hab fans are looking to acquire Iginla. If he requests a trade or management looks to move him, it's only going to be to a cup contender. The Habs are at best, a playoff contender.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
That's not how trade deadline rentals work.

Anyway, I don't see why Hab fans are looking to acquire Iginla. If he requests a trade or management looks to move him, it's only going to be to a cup contender. The Habs are at best, a playoff contender.
Why wouldn't the Flames management trade for the best deal they have on the table ?

Old
01-28-2013, 08:44 PM
dannyj10

Despres+TK+1st?

dannyj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:45 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Why wouldn't the Flames management trade for the best deal they have on the table ?
Why would the Habs management give the best deal and attempt to beat out multiple SC contenders (not playoff contenders like the Habs are) that would in all likelihood be fighting over him

Old
01-28-2013, 08:46 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Why would the Habs management give the best deal and attempt to beat out multiple SC contenders (not playoff contenders like the Habs are) that would in all likelihood be fighting over him
Because we think we have a chance. Like the Devils, after they drafted Larsson; like the Flyers, after they drated JVR.

Entonces we have a stockpile of good young guys like Eller and we need quality which we can find in UFAs like Iginla.

And Pacioretty's appendix.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Wizeman*

I know Iggy said he would waive if it would help the Flames. Renting him out definitely would. A team that could use him is Washington , Pittsburg, and Ottawa . Even Tampa could use him as well as a playoff rental.

There is no doubt he re signs as a Flame after the off season.

Probably worth a 1st rounder and mid level prospect.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Because we think we have a chance. Like the Devils, after they drafted Larsson; like the Flyers, after they drated JVR.

Entonces we have a stockpile of good young guys like Eller and we need quality which we can find in UFAs like Iginla.

So they have a 7% chance of winning the cup IF they make the playoffs. Don't seem it as a reasonable gamble. Devils and flyers also had much more talent rosters

Old
01-28-2013, 08:58 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
So they have a 7% chance of winning the cup IF they make the playoffs. Don't seem it as a reasonable gamble.
Sure. You know EA sports have the Blackhawks against Les Pingouins for the Finals. You like NHL 13 ? Montréal beat you in the playoffs last time we met. Like we did Washington, the start of their downfall.

Anyway. My point is that Bergevin should trade for Iginla the soonest possible to replace Pacioretty on the 1st line.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 01-28-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:

You can never say never, but I don't think the Habs are a contender at all this year with their Center situation. It's like trying to win in football with below average qbs...

Flair Hay is online now   Reply With Quote