HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton and San Jose (no young stars)

Old
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Dwight Schrude

vCash: 500
No. Why take papa bear away from his cub? (Couture)

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILERS91 View Post
I will up Edmontons trade offer.

Hemsky (we retain 2 million in Cap space this season and next) + b level Prospect for Clowe

Or MPS + B level Prospect for Clowe

Any Closer?
nope

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:35 PM
jmoss45

It would be bad asset management by the Oilers but i'd love to see them take a risk for once. At least it proves to the fans that A) mambo is actually doing something and B) they're looking to win this year.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:37 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The Sharks don't have any bad contracts that don't expire this off-season (Murray, Handzus).

The only way something like this might work would be if you traded us value for Boyle as well, but with J. Schultz Boyle's not a need.
Edmonton could always just retain some of the cap, if the deals seems to work for the Sharks otherwise.

Saying this because it seems like the super obvious solution. Not an Oilers fan.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:41 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
It would be bad asset management by the Oilers but i'd love to see them take a risk for once. At least it proves to the fans that A) mambo is actually doing something and B) they're looking to win this year.
Why would it be bad asset management in trading away a package of Hemsky, MPS and a B prospect for a much better player? I don't get that. MPV-S has little value. He can't get any run in EDMONTON and hasn't for the last two years. Hemsky isn't a long term answer at all, or even short term to me. A B prospect is worthless really.

I still don't make this deal if I were SJ. There is absolutely no risk here for Edmonton. SJ is the one assuming risk in acquiring a fragile Slovak and a youngster than is more of a suspect than a prospect, while giving up a guy that brings much more to the table than what's being sent in return.

Old
01-28-2013, 07:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloweture View Post
No. Why take papa bear away from his cub? (Couture)
Bias, much.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Bias, much.
not so much bias, but sentimentality. i would be sad to see him go too, for various reasons that have little to do with whether or not it would be better for the club...

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Dwight Schrude

Quote:
Bias, much.
He's one of my favorite Sharks. But I'm not being bias for saying we shouldn't trade him. It just wouldn't sit right seeing him play for another team. I wouldn't want to play against him. He's the kind of player you love to hate but hate to play against. He went a little over board against the Canucks but I really loved seeing him play with such high emotions..

Dwight Schrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I see only darkness

Quote:
He's one of my favorite Sharks. But I'm not being bias for saying we shouldn't trade him. It just wouldn't sit right seeing him play for another team. I wouldn't want to play against him. He's the kind of player you love to hate but hate to play against. He went a little over board against the Canucks but I really loved seeing him play with such high emotions..
Sadly this is what the oilers so desperately need. Someone who can play tough but also play with skill. I know we can not offer enough as our Fab 5 are untouchable, but man would we love to have him.

Maybe if he hits UFA status we can send Gretzky and company to recruit like we did with Schultz

I see only darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:22 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
No, that's bias. "It wouldn't sit right" is not a good reason for trading a player who is a bad fit and a detriment to this team.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:33 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Why would it be bad asset management in trading away a package of Hemsky, MPS and a B prospect for a much better player? I don't get that. MPV-S has little value. He can't get any run in EDMONTON and hasn't for the last two years. Hemsky isn't a long term answer at all, or even short term to me. A B prospect is worthless really.

I still don't make this deal if I were SJ. There is absolutely no risk here for Edmonton. SJ is the one assuming risk in acquiring a fragile Slovak and a youngster than is more of a suspect than a prospect, while giving up a guy that brings much more to the table than what's being sent in return.
First, let me say theres not a better fit for the oilers roster than Clowe.

Its bad asset management because Clowe is a UFA this summer. Hemsky alone is a lot to give up for what could amount to a rental. I'm definitely not dealing MPS+Hemsky+2nd for 40 games of Clowe.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss45 View Post
First, let me say theres not a better fit for the oilers roster than Clowe.

Its bad asset management because Clowe is a UFA this summer. Hemsky alone is a lot to give up for what could amount to a rental. I'm definitely not dealing MPS+Hemsky+2nd for 40 games of Clowe.
I'm not going to argue about the fit. Pittsburgh could definately use Clowe too.

While its a steep price for 40 games, I disagree with the risk. Hemsky and MPV don't really carry much value. MPV is a suspect and Hemsky is an overpaid, fragile player that doesn't produce much. While skilled, he gives you little bang for your buck. If I were Edmonton, I'd dump him as in trade him. He has been on the block for the last three years with your GM putting a high price tag on him as far as return and no one is interested in him to step to the plate. Time to lower the asking price and a solid rental is Hemsky's value. To me, the second rounder is the thing that hurts the most, especially in a deep draft.

Of course, just my honest opinion.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-28-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Yup. IF Hemsky could remain healthy every season and IF his salary wasn't that high, I would think about it. Hemsky isn't a shooter. He is basically a higher skilled, faster, and smaller Clowe. We need a sniper for the 2nd line.
If Hemsky was healthy every season, his salary wouldn't be questioned by anyone. And the price would probably be significantly higher than just Clowe.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I'm not going to argue about the fit. Pittsburgh could definately use Clowe too.

While its a steep price for 40 games, I disagree with the risk. Hemsky and MPV don't really carry much value. MPV is a suspect and Hemsky is an overpaid, fragile player that doesn't produce much. While skilled, he gives you little bang for your buck. If I were Edmonton, I'd dump him as in trade him. He has been on the block for the last three years with your GM putting a high price tag on him as far as return and no one is interested in him to step to the plate. Time to lower the asking price and a solid rental is Hemsky's value. To me, the second rounder is the thing that hurts the most, especially in a deep draft.

Of course, just my honest opinion.
Trolling Oil fans again? Your analysis of Hemsky is pretty suspect. He's had one bad season, and two major injuries that are behind him. If you would actually watch the Oilers play, you'd see that Hemsky has played well this year, just like pre-injury Hemsky. The only reason he's even available is the Oilers need for bigger bodied forwards.

EDIT - Powerplay goal for Hemsky! Ha ha ha.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote