HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens re-sign PK Subban!!!!! 2 years/$5.75M

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 08:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Guy Carbonneau says he would stop Price/Subban from doing the triple low 5.

You know because it's bad for the team. It's ****ing ridiculous how PK most of the time is made to look like a cancer.
What ****ing load of **** that show is.

God forbid a player shows any type of character or difference.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:54 PM
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
5,75 million for one season and a half of hockey ain't that bad.

It' gonna take you and me 50 years to make that.
Lol, are you an extremely talented hockey player? Did you work very hard make into the NHL as a potential superstar? Do not compare yourself to someone you shouldn't compare yourself to. You may have exposed yourself as bitter man whining about the fact that someone makes more than he does.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Jigger77

Just heard the news. Good stuff!

Old
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
I don't have any problem with your reaction or anything you've said. You are one of those that I tend to disagree with I think, yet I admire the way you think. You may be surprised to learn that I actually agree with you that a long term deal would have been better, it would have likely saved us more money. That's a point that cannot be ignored. I have no problem with that point.

What I have a problem with is people whining over the contract not because they wanted a long term deal, but rather because they think the money was too low. That's just stupid, from a fans perpective. You know what I mean? I also think that the people who think PK received exactly what he deserved are insane. No way.

So, even though I generally agree with you here, I also understand where Bergevin is coming from. So am not upset about it. This deal will help with future contracts too.
you're missing the point.what most were concerned with is this could ve easily gotten outta control with the result being pk going to another team.if you look at our recent history the habs seem to lose quality players with little return.do i need to list them all ?it'll take awhile before many trust the gm of the montreal canadiens again.and you cant blame people for that because there has been way too many brutal mistakes made over the last 20 years.way too many.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

You know because it's bad for the team. It's ****ing ridiculous how PK most of the time is made to look like a cancer.
Yep. I'm still trying to get some proof as to why he's a cancer.

You got these clowns on L'Antichambre saying that PK is great in front of the cameras but a complete ********* otherwise. I know people who know him personally and interacted with him on a personal level and they have no idea why he gets criticized as being immature and a cancerous teammate.

I can only imagine it's about playing the music too loud or talking a little too much...stupid little things that are blown out of proportion.

Old
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Quote:
Woah. I completely disagree with you dude. Pk thrives under the hate he gets from opponents. And I don't think teams play better against us because of him, if anything, they play worse since their hate towards PK leads often distracts them, and many times leads to PP opportunities. I remember Pk thriving in that Boston series, he was amazing. But even if teams played better against us because of PK, who cares? That's usually a good thing.

Also, I am sure that Pk's teammates would like for him to mature in some ways, ofcourse they would, he is still a young guy, even Price had to mature, and is still maturing. But I don't buy the idea that his team-mates dislike him or anything. This team is better with PK, everyone knows this, including his teammates, the coaches, and Bergevin.
We can agree to disagree. In my mind the agitators, like PK, and maxime lapierre do not help a team. It's not a distraction trust me it motivates you to win. The people the don't agitate and just drop the gloves and beat you till you look like a wet sack of laundry (prust) do help a team. I bet you they drop the first game with pk subban in the line-up, and then I think you will see PK benched for atleast a game in the month... Therrien doesn't play around.

Old
Souvenirs

Quote:

What's so different about doing the triple low five vs high fiving teammates or hugging them after a win? Some hockey fans are so stuck up...and they'll just repeat whatever the dudes on l'Antichambre say, see : the vilification of PK Subban.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:58 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:

It's good to remember how Carbonneau was run out of Montreal and Montreal got very little in return for him. For many, "Off Ice Issues > On Ice Play" is the mantra in the city.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

The outcome of this (PK signing) and the timing must have something to do with what we are seeing on the ice: team is doing well and players seem happy.

Old
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
We can agree to disagree. In my mind the agitators, like PK, and maxime lapierre do not help a team. It's not a distraction trust me it motivates you to win. The people the don't agitate and just drop the gloves and beat you till you look like a wet sack of laundry (prust) do help a team. I bet you they drop the first game with pk subban in the line-up, and then I think you will see PK benched for atleast a game in the month... Therrien doesn't play around.
nice english bro.

Old
BlackStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
you're missing the point.what most were concerned with is this could ve easily gotten outta control with the result being pk going to another team.if you look at our recent history the habs seem to lose quality players with little return.do i need to list them all ?it'll take awhile before many trust the gm of the montreal canadiens again.and you cant blame people for that because there has been way too many brutal mistakes made over the last 20 years.way too many.
I understand that, I was concerned too. However, the fact is, that's not what happened. Bergevin was clearly very very cautious. So why are those people unhappy still, when Bergevin succeeded in signing PK to a cheap deal without causing bad blood?

Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate criticisms, Whitesnake mentioned one of them. But what you were saying here though is no longer a problem, it's been proven that the concern while legitimate during the time before signing, isn't reality in this case. So why are people still complaining about that?

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
There was Hall Gill.. A veteran.. A very reasonable man, who was known to have many spats with PK while simply trying to teach him to be a better defenseman. and don't just tear hal gill down, he was a responsible defenseman. and put the team first.
Hal Gill never had any ''spats'' with PK. He said PK needed to mature about certain things, like not drop a towel on the floor. That's it.
Gill actually had an interview with I believe it was Randy on TSN 690. He told Randy that PK doesn't need to change, that people have to stop talking about him that way, that what he needs is just help on staying focus. That he's too excited, too joyful, too enthused, he wants to be everywhere and do everything. Like a hyper kid. That's what Gill said.

Old
No Team Needed

Quote:
We can agree to disagree. In my mind the agitators, like PK, and maxime lapierre do not help a team.
Leave, go find out who won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 1995 and come back.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:02 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
You're quite a comedian.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
What's so different about doing the triple low five vs high fiving teammates or hugging them after a win? Some hockey fans are so stuck up...and they'll just repeat whatever the dudes on l'Antichambre say, see : the vilification of PK Subban.
Can't imagine what they'd say if he high fived a ref!

Old
01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Et le But

Quote:
They should stop the triple low five.

this team is'nt the price and subban show ****.

For once every line is producing so far.

To be honest the triple low five is annoying. I think PK likes it. price does'nt care much for it. it's one of those times when you just have to tell your friend " this is stupid lets stop" to put it simply. stop this frat boy ******** win a hockey game pat on the ass and hit the room.
And why would you say that...

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Maybe not, but it's called cap management. If you could save now, why not.
So having PK at discount for a season and a bit is not some form of cap management. It's pure assumption from on your part.

Old
haburger

Quote:
I understand that, I was concerned too. However, the fact is, that's not what happened. Bergevin was clearly very very cautious. So why are those people unhappy still, when Bergevin succeeded in signing PK to a cheap deal without causing bad blood?

Don't get me wrong, there are legitimate criticisms, Whitesnake mentioned one of them. But what you were saying here though is no longer a problem, it's been proven that the concern while legitimate during the time before signing, isn't reality in this case. So why are people still complaining about that?
bergevin is still a rookie gm.and this could have blown up in his face bigtime.bergevin has proved less than pk has.the draft?timmins.prust?ufa overpayment.everything he's had to deal with so far have been no brainer situations.and like i said before ,he came from a team that hired gauthier.what did he save by dragging it out this long? a million?is it worth poisoning the well for that?

Old
Habtchum*

Quote:
Lol, are you an extremely talented hockey player? Did you work very hard make into the NHL as a potential superstar? Do not compare yourself to someone you shouldn't compare yourself to. You may have exposed yourself as bitter man whining about the fact that someone makes more than he does.
No, at all.

Give your head a shake.

We are arguing about other people's money. None of our business, of course.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Habitants

no part 2 yet? im disappointed lol

nice deal.

good job now get him back in lineup and lets get this going for realz

Old
01-28-2013, 09:06 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Leave, go find out who won the Conn Smythe Trophy in 1995 and come back.
That Claude.....a team can always use a guy like him.4 cups?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Kjell Dahlin

When asked to compare this season vs last season, Subban answered: “... I have seen a team that’s energetic and I see, more importantly, a team. When you look at the Montreal Canadiens, it’s a hockey team. You can see that there are guys that are willing to stand up for each other and it’s definitely a fun team to be a part of. I am excited to get back, start playing again and integrating myself within this team...”

Therrien will be a much better coach for Subban than Martin and Cunneyworth.
Our GM has a plan.
Game on!

Ref.: http://gazblogs.com/habsinsideout-fi...conference.MP3

Old
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

now the question is...what kind of production do see out of PK this year as far as points go...and where does his salray jump to at the end of the bridge?

Old
01-28-2013, 09:08 PM
Habbadasher

Agreeing to such a relatively low contract shows character on PK's part.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
I prefer the team to hold their sticknup at the centre ice. Much more team bonding than two guys doing low or high fives.
Yeah, women probably shouldn't have rights either.

Closed Thread