HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Your Defining Wrestling Moments

Old
01-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Disclose

vCash: 1000
since you're talking wrestling outside the U.S.
i have to mention one moment i will never forget from CMLL (or aybe AAA? whatever Mexico lol)
It was a mask vs mask match, as you know those matches are bigger draws than the titles over there and the two wrestlers among the most populars.
Rayo de Jalisco vs 100 caras 2 out 3 falls....

the anticipation was huge for this one. i remember the entrance from Jalisco dressed as a mariachi and out of nowhere 100 caras delivers my first ever guitar shot to the head busting it in pieces.
crowd went nuts and match was awesome.
100 caras lost

The other one would be Oro dying in the ring from a short fall.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
UnrealMachine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Around that time frame Meltzer was going off about the girls in Japan and how they were basicly on another level in terms of ring work. Now, this was when the E was in full Hulkamania mode. There was one tape made that was three hours long just filled with some of the best wrestling I have ever seen, one of which was a 60 minute broadway that was just spot after spot after spot with no rest holds, just a complete spot fest from the second it started until it ended and you could tell at the end they were both borderline stroke ready. I know Nagayo was on of the wrestlers in it.

I gotta find that tape.........
If you've never seen Manami Toyota vs. Aja Kong - 11/20/94, you'd be interested in it as well:

Just a note, despite the impression I might be leaving, I'm not well versed in Japanese wrestling at all. I'm just forwarding along matches that we watched and I thought were good. And for all the **** and ***** matches that we've watched, one of my absolute favorites is Dustin Rhodes vs. The Blacktop Bully: King of the Road Match - WCW Uncensored 95. It's the most ridiculous thing ever.

UnrealMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Not "defining" but memorable all these years and still one of my favorite moments. I was 7 when this happened, and I loved Demolition:

Entrants nos. 1 & 2:

Hahah! I love this , was a big fan of theirs also.

Montreal screw job, I was at the event

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior champion vs champion

Hulk Hogan turn

Hogan vs andre

Bret vs owen

Matcho man vs ultimate warrior

Iron Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
The Invasion from WCW, easily. The best superstars in the industry putting their hatred aside and fighting on behalf of their respective wrestling organizations was amazing. Simply amazing.

It could have maybe been done better, but compared to wrestling in its present form, I have no complaints.

I loved the whole Stone Cold and Kurt Angle switch. It threw people off, and was a great story-line to spice up the rivalry. It also left us with this, my favourite moment:

Kurt Angle and the 'milk truck'.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/kurt-angle...-2001-26006157

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote