HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings Version II

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

vCash: 500
To be a playoff team we need to fill 2 needs.

1. Goaltending
2. #1C

i think most would agree... This is what i would like:

TOR: Backstrom (resigned 3 years $15M - AAV $5M)
MIN: D'Amigo + Scrivens

Backstrom (also nicknamed the eagle ) is a perfect fit here as a solid vetrain goalie. Minnie has Hackett and Harding waiting in the wings and Scrivens would give them the depth if one goes down. Backstrom is a pending FA so the trade would have to include an extension at the price of D'Amigo a decent -B prospect.

TOR: Getzlaf (Resigned 7 years $50M - AAV $7.14M)
ANA: Grabovski + Kulemin + Colborne + 2nd

The Ducks will come to a realization that if they can't sign Getz they will have to trade him. The Leafs can offer stability in 2 good NHL players that can step in right away, a B prospect in Colborne and a decent pick in the draft. I compare the trade to the Nash trade. This trade would also hinge on the fact a deal for a contract extension is in place.

Something we need to keep in mind is that most teams that trade for players, they resign with the club that traded for them and we dont want someone else to take the steak out of our mouths! Again...

With those 2 trades we are immediately an attractive team with momentum going into next year. Who knows maybe we can impress Perry to sign an identical contract to Getzlaf, resign Kessel to the same contract and draft a stud center MacKinnon/Douin/Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan/Nichushkin.

Moving forward with a core: Getzlaf, Perry, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Kadri, 2013 1st, Phanuef, Gardiner, Rielly, Backstrom

2 trades that could have a sweet ripple effect on this franchise!

Old
01-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Brody
$$

The perfect center for us would be Mike Richards, lol.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:53 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

1. Goaltending
2. #1C

Backstrom (also nicknamed the eagle ) is a perfect fit here as a solid vetrain goalie. Minnie has Hackett and Harding waiting in the wings and Scrivens would give them the depth if one goes down. Backstrom is a pending FA so the trade would have to include an extension at the price of D'Amigo a decent -B prospect.

The Ducks will come to a realization that if they can't sign Getz they will have to trade him. The Leafs can offer stability in 2 good NHL players that can step in right away, a B prospect in Colborne and a decent pick in the draft. I compare the trade to the Nash trade. This trade would also hinge on the fact a deal for a contract extension is in place.

Something we need to keep in mind is that most teams that trade for players, they resign with the club that traded for them and we dont want someone else to take the steak out of our mouths! Again...

With those 2 trades we are immediately an attractive team with momentum going into next year. Who knows maybe we can impress Perry to sign an identical contract to Getzlaf, resign Kessel to the same contract and draft a stud center MacKinnon/Douin/Barkov/Lindholm/Monahan/Nichushkin.

Moving forward with a core: Getzlaf, Perry, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Kadri, 2013 1st, Phanuef, Gardiner, Rielly, Backstrom

Backstrom is like 36yrs old. No problem with him for a few seasons. Does have soem injury and durability concerns.

I doubt Getzlaf leaves ANH. They are apparently talking often. We will see. BUt I think if he goes on the market with 20 games left to go some team close to the playoffs will outbid our offer by a wide margin. Namely by offering a 1st round pick.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Brandon Sutter.

HE's Defensive.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Nope. Don't want him.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Brody
$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Brandon Sutter.

HE's Defensive.
Might as well bring back Timmy Brent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Nope. Don't want him.
The Philly Mike Richards, not this LA impostor

Old
01-28-2013, 09:58 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
I'd only give Backstrom 2 yrs, and 3-4 mil per season

Old
01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Ah alright haha. Richards has actually been trash this year.

I'd take Bozak over him if his play continues.

No lie.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:03 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:

No lie.
I find a lot of players look like crap on offense in LA. I'd gladly take a chance on him if he didnt cost us too much.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I find a lot of players look like crap on offense in LA. I'd gladly take a chance on him if he didnt cost us too much.
That's how I feel it is as well. And then that just makes me shiver at the thought of how many points Kopitar could get if he ever got traded.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
That contract is brutal.

If they retained some salary then maybe.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Brody
$$

Quote:

No lie.
LA has a tough system, very hard for players to put up offensive numbers.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:

LEt's trade a 1st for David Legwand.

It's the LA night life Affecting MR's hockey.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Drew311
Whitey Whackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post

1. Goaltending
2. #1C

I agree that trading our two best defensive forwards would have a ripple effect on the franchise, an absolutely terrible one.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:09 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
That contract is brutal.

If they retained some salary then maybe.
Really depends if he can return to form. If he can, then it's a good caphit, and ends when he is 35 which isn't too bad especially compared to players that have long contracts that end in their 40s

Old
01-28-2013, 10:13 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
That's how I feel it is as well. And then that just makes me shiver at the thought of how many points Kopitar could get if he ever got traded.
Doug MacLean might still be working had he took him 6th in 05.
Just glad he didn't end up in Ott as the 1-2 punch with Spezza.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
LA has a tough system, very hard for players to put up offensive numbers.
True, but Carlyle is trying to establish a similar style. Defense first
Quote:
Really depends if he can return to form. If he can, then it's a good caphit, and ends when he is 35 which isn't too bad especially compared to players that have long contracts that end in their 40s
It's risky. Having 2 #2 Cs signed for almost 12 mil combined isn't really a good idea.

Would probably spell the end of Grabo, and I prefer Grabo over Richards anyways. If Richards regains form then it's obviously alright

Old
01-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
True, but Carlyle is trying to establish a similar style. Defense first

It's risky. Having 2 #2 Cs signed for almost 12 mil combined isn't really a good idea.

Would probably spell the end of Grabo, and I prefer Grabo over Richards anyways. If Richards regains form then it's obviously alright
If Richards regains form?

Did you watch the playoffs last year or the playoffs when he lead Philly into the final and lost to an amazing Chicago team?

Richards are far more impactful player then Grabo is, ever has been or ever will be.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
If Richards regains form?

Did you watch the playoffs last year or the playoffs when he lead Philly into the final and lost to an amazing Chicago team?
Yea he's always good in the playoffs.

He was meh last season and has absolutely sucked this season.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Yea he's always good in the playoffs.

He was meh last season and has absolutely sucked this season.
Was meh last season but still only scored 7 less points then Grabo which can largely attributed to playing on the 2nd lowest scoring team that scored 29 less goals then the Leafs.

Richards also is superior defensively, is one of the better hitters in the game (guys going through the middle know when he is on the ice or as David Booth would say sure as heck should) and kills penalties something Grabo has never done.

Richards influences a game in every way and has a much greater impacting on winning then Grabo ever will.

I'll take the guy that was a big part of Stanley Cup team, was the key forward on a team that made it to the finals and was one of the better players on a Canadian Olympic gold medal team every day.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Was meh last season but still only scored 7 less points then Grabo which can largely attributed to playing on the 2nd lowest scoring team that scored 29 less goals then the Leafs.

Richards also is superior defensively, is one of the better hitters in the game (guys going through the middle know when he is on the ice or as David Booth would say sure as heck should) and kills penalties something Grabo has never done.

Richards influences a game in every way and has a much greater impacting on winning then Grabo ever will.

I'll take the guy that was a big part of Stanley Cup team, was the key forward on a team that made it to the finals and was one of the better players on a Canadian Olympic gold medal team every day.
I prefer Grabos defensive game. Call me crazy. A lot is attributed to the system that they play
Playing on the second lowest team means nothing. He had the linemates to do damage.

Richards is a much better hitter and PKer. I give him that.

Can't hold the fact that Richards is good in playoffs against Grabo. He's never had the chance, but I think he'd shine. Guys clutch as can be.

I'm not saying Richards sucks, but with that contract of his and his attitude I can definitely see that contract backfiring.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:56 PM
Im Old Gregggg

Im a huge homer about richards since he was a hero for the rangers in the ohl but i would take him over ANY forward on this team (kessel would be a tossup and JVR has potential but whens the last time we`ve had a mike richards type player)..... hes having a bad year (its been what 5-6 games) the guy is a ****ing proven winner

The only thing that I see as a negative on Richards is hes a party boy (which probably why LA isnt the best place for him and tdot wouldnt be either)

Old
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
I prefer Grabos defensive game. Call me crazy. A lot is attributed to the system that they play
Playing on the second lowest team means nothing. He had the linemates to do damage.

Richards is a much better hitter and PKer. I give him that.

Can't hold the fact that Richards is good in playoffs against Grabo. He's never had the chance, but I think he'd shine. Guys clutch as can be.

I'm not saying Richards sucks, but with that contract of his and his attitude I can definitely see that contract backfiring.
Grabo creates his chances by giving up chances. That is how Toronto created offence but also lost games.

LA eliminated chances but also didn't get as many chances offensively and would physically grind out wins. If you don't think teams that play like LA or St. Louis have their players offensive totals lessened I don't know what to tell.

Richards the previous 4 seasons had 66, 62, 80 and 75 points. How many 60 points seasons has Grabo had?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Old Gregggg View Post
Im a huge homer about richards since he was a hero for the rangers in the ohl but i would take him over ANY forward on this team (kessel would be a tossup and JVR has potential but whens the last time we`ve had a mike richards type player)..... hes having a bad year (its been what 5-6 games) the guy is a ****ing proven winner

The only thing that I see as a negative on Richards is hes a party boy (which probably why LA isnt the best place for him and tdot wouldnt be either)
Sometimes players need to grow up or get traded to shock them. Richards getting traded was a huge shock to him.

I'm not the least bit concerned about the party boy tag with Richards.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Auzzie19

Pitt:
- Liles
- Fanson

TOR:
- Maata
- Martin

Closed Thread