HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Richards to Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 09:39 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastuhNinks View Post
Hahaha, if Toronto offered Kessel for Richards LA would do it in a heartbeat.

I like Richards but I don't see the appeal in trading Grabo + significant pieces for him. Grabovski was better in 2011-2012 and only slightly worse in 2010-2011. If the Leafs were to trade Grabo + JVR for Richards for example, I think that only makes the Leafs worse. Ideally they'd want to trade for a center without giving up Grabovski, unless it's a significant improvement over him, which Richards is not.
No la wouldnt. Yes kessel maybe a better offensive player ( i say maybe because i honestly think he would struggle alot more to score trying to play in la s system ) but hes no where near the defensive player.

Again kings have no need for grabo Hes not even close imo to richards twice the second line center. Again he would be at best a 3rd line center and would be lucky to get 40 points in las defensive system absoutely no need for him for la.

Ricards may not be a frist line center in ur eyes but if he was on the leafs he would have the job as one. I understand he is what the leafs need ( a two way center with offensive skills) grabo isnt the piece that would get him no way no how. Think two wingers ( jvr and kulliemen as your starting point) then add frattin adn a pick Number one centers arent cheap and your not getting stuff cheap from us.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:42 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
No la wouldnt. Yes kessel maybe a better offensive player ( i say maybe because i honestly think he would struggle alot more to score trying to play in la s system ) but hes no where near the defensive player.

Again kings have no need for grabo Hes not even close imo to richards twice the second line center. Again he would be at best a 3rd line center and would be lucky to get 40 points in las defensive system absoutely no need for him for la.

Ricards may not be a frist line center in ur eyes but if he was on the leafs he would have the job as one. I understand he is what the leafs need ( a two way center with offensive skills) grabo isnt the piece that would get him no way no how. Think two wingers ( jvr and kulliemen as your starting point) then add frattin adn a pick Number one centers arent cheap and your not getting stuff cheap from us.
Number one centres aren't cheap, I agree.

In that case why are we talking about Richards and not Kopitar?

Kopi is a #1 C, Richards is a #2 C.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We've seen how Carter plays when Richards isn't around. It's not pretty.
Another reason i dont see him traded chemistry with carter.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

on toronto richards would be your number one center Kopitar isnt up for trade at all.

Old
01-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
on toronto richards would be your number one center Kopitar isnt up for trade at all.
If we trade Grabo for him, then yes.

But if Grabo and Richards were both on our team then Richards would still be the #1 C, not because he's better than Grabo, but because Grabo and Kessel don't mesh.

But I'd take Grabo over Richards. Grabo is an energizer bunny who can snipe, make plays, is good defensively, etc.

Richards has looked lazy in the games I've watched, and has looked downright awful.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:21 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
If we trade Grabo for him, then yes.

But if Grabo and Richards were both on our team then Richards would still be the #1 C, not because he's better than Grabo, but because Grabo and Kessel don't mesh.

But I'd take Grabo over Richards. Grabo is an energizer bunny who can snipe, make plays, is good defensively, etc.

Richards has looked lazy in the games I've watched, and has looked downright awful.
First off I again say the kings want no part of grabo. Its your right to choose grabo over richards as your number one center however i kindly suggest most experts wouldnt agree, I know tsn rating system means very little but they choose richards as the 44 th best player in the league. Which to me means he would proberly get the nod over a non ranked grabo. They are alot better judges of talent then you or me. The two player play in two different systems where grabo plays more offensive game system then the kings richards. Imo defensive wins championships something richards has done whereever hes been. I will however agree richard hasnt played well so far I honestly think hes not in game shape but the frist 10 mins tonight hes looking alot better imo, So i think its only a matter of time to when he gets to playing better.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
FlyingHigh28*

This thread started off terribly and it got considerably worse after some people began suggesting Grabo > Richards.

Grabovski is used in roughly 5-10 Leafs trade proposals per day. Has a Kings fan ever proposed a trade involving Richards? Maybe that tells you something?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Hooliganx3

Quote:

By that logic Malkin is a number 2 center then. It really is coming off as you don't even know who Richards is.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
First off I again say the kings want no part of grabo. Its your right to choose grabo over richards as your number one center however i kindly suggest most experts wouldnt agree, I know tsn rating system means very little but they choose richards as the 44 th best player in the league. Which to me means he would proberly get the nod over a non ranked grabo. They are alot better judges of talent then you or me. The two player play in two different systems where grabo plays more offensive game system then the kings richards. Imo defensive wins championships something richards has done whereever hes been. I will however agree richard hasnt played well so far I honestly think hes not in game shape but the frist 10 mins tonight hes looking alot better imo, So i think its only a matter of time to when he gets to playing better.
Fair enough.
I'm not trying to preach that the Kings should trade Richards, just stating that I prefer Grabovski on this leafs team. I respect your opinion though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
This thread started off terribly and it got considerably worse after some people began suggesting Grabo > Richards.

Grabovski is used in roughly 5-10 Leafs trade proposals per day. Has a Kings fan ever proposed a trade involving Richards? Maybe that tells you something?
In all fairness the leafs have much more fans on these boards than the Kings do.
Leafs need a legit #1 C so it makes sense that we would try to move our #2 C +.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
By that logic Malkin is a number 2 center then. It really is coming off as you don't even know who Richards is.
Don't play that with me. Malkin is a top 5 (at least) NHler.

I'm not sure what i didn't make clear in my previous post. I prefer Grabos offensive game, defensive game, better contract, and energy. Grabo is the heart and soul of our team.

I don't know who Richards is? Keep thinking that. He's an elite #2 C who is in a slump.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Phatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
We can argue value all day, but i just don't see the motive for the Kings to move Richards.
lets talk kopitar then. now we can involve kessel

Old
01-28-2013, 10:48 PM
Halpysback*

Grabovski over Richards. Just when you thought you heard it all

Old
01-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Grabovski over Richards. Just when you thought you heard it all
Base them off their play, not their names.

You should be laughing at yourself

Old
01-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Base them off their play, not their names.

You should be laughing at yourself
Good point, Richards had a bad start. Winnik >>> Grabovski >> Richards, amirite?

This is the same logic that leads Leafs to hype every single player that ever passes through and doesn't outright suck. I remember how untouchable Hagman was when he scored that goal after settling the puck off his face. Let me guess, Kessel >>> Ovechkin? My guess is you actually believe that right now.

I bet you're completely dumbfounded when the Leafs finish in the lottery every year. But but but our players are the best!

Old
01-28-2013, 11:00 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Grabo > Richards right now. Richards is slightly younger and has slightly more value though.

"He helped win a cup"

Ya I'm sure Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Carter, Brown, etc had nothing to do with it.
Not saying Grabo is a bad player whatsoever... but I'd say if given the choice most GM's would take Richards over Grabo if they had the option of inserting either player on their team.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Grabo > Richards right now. Richards is slightly younger and has slightly more value though.

"He helped win a cup"

Ya I'm sure Kopitar, Doughty, Quick, Carter, Brown, etc had nothing to do with it.
Those wouldn't be the same Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown that couldn't get past the 1st round before Richards and Carter arrived would they?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Good point, Richards had a bad start. Winnik >>> Grabovski >> Richards, amirite?

This is the same logic that leads Leafs to hype every single player that ever passes through and doesn't outright suck. I remember how untouchable Hagman was when he scored that goal after settling the puck off his face. Let me guess, Kessel >>> Ovechkin? My guess is you actually believe that right now.

I bet you're completely dumbfounded when the Leafs finish in the lottery every year. But but but our players are the best!
Ya I'm basing it on 5 games. Keep on fabricating stuff buddy, that's all you do in every thread

And no, Hagman was never untouchable nor have I ever stated that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Not saying Grabo is a bad player whatsoever... but I'd say if given the choice most GM's would take Richards over Grabo if they had the option of inserting either player on their team.
For sure. I respect others opinions. I've seen plenty of both players, moreso Grabo, but I take Grabos overall game over Richards. And I don't think that it's too outlandish to state.

Grabo has a better shot and more pure offensive skill, and I really like Grabos defensive game + his energy.
I'm not selling Richards short, but that contract is risky, can he rebound to his past self? Probably, but I'll play it safe with the Energizer bunny Grabo

Old
01-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Those wouldn't be the same Kopitar, Doughty, Quick and Brown that couldn't get past the 1st round before Richards and Carter arrived would they?
Ya it had nothing to do with developing as a team and further adapting to their system.

Of course Carter and Richards helped. I never said they didn't. But they weren't the main factors. If anything it was a team effort backed by great goaltending

Old
01-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Ya I'm basing it on 5 games. Keep on fabricating stuff buddy, that's all you do in every thread

And no, Hagman was never untouchable nor have I ever stated that.
I think it's more based on the jersey Grabovski wears vs. the one Richards wears. Or perhaps not having watched playoff hockey in a good long while. Who knows.

And yeah, Hagman was quite untouchable around here before he was traded for Phaneuf.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
I think it's more based on the jersey Grabovski wears vs. the one Richards wears. Or perhaps not having watched playoff hockey in a good long while. Who knows.

And yeah, Hagman was quite untouchable around here before he was traded for Phaneuf.
Last time I watched playoff hockey was the same time most people on these boards watched it. The finals.

I have never stated that Hagman was untouchable. And I never felt that way. No need to group me in with others.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Ya it had nothing to do with developing as a team and further adapting to their system.

Of course Carter and Richards helped. I never said they didn't. But they weren't the main factors. If anything it was a team effort backed by great goaltending
Did you happen to see the Kings in the 1st and 3rd round of last year's playoffs by any chance?

I guess 15 points in 20 playoff games on a very defensively oriented team while playing a shutdown role and hitting everything that moves doesn't really add mean that much. Any 2nd line center could do that in their sleep.

"Main factors" only become main factors when the supporting players are good enough to let them be "main factors". Without Richards there's a good chance they don't even get out of the 1st round. What's separating Ovechkin from being a playoff hero to being a playoff goat is a Mike Richards type on the 2nd line.

If you really think Grabovski is better than Richards I guess that's your prerogative. But it's quite disconnected from reality.

Old
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

So can we just close the thread, since the Kings aren't interested in trading away Richards, and according to the vocal few Leafs fans, they aren't interested in acquiring him?

Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 PM
DougGilmour93

Kessel
Holzer
Scrivens

for

Richards
Clifford
Bernier
Pick ???

Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kessel
Holzer
Scrivens

for

Richards
Clifford
Bernier
Pick ???
Kessel = richards
clifford >>>>> holzer
bernier better then scriven

and you want a pick wtf

Old
01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Kessel = richards
clifford >>>>> holzer
bernier better then scriven

and you want a pick wtf
Kessel > Richards

If you think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

If you like you could replace King with Clifford.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:04 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kessel > Richards

If you think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

If you like you could replace King with Clifford.
Neutral fan who totally disagrees with you. I'd easily take Mike Richards @ his cap hit w/ 7.5 years left on his deal, playing a premium position (center) over 1-dimensional Phil Kessel who has 1.5 years left on his deal and then could walk for nothing, or at a minimum will be due a solid raise.

Closed Thread