HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Stastny

Old
01-28-2013, 11:55 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Paul Stastny

Some notes

- We would like a defender
- Probably part of a package deal [Centre+Defender for Centre+Defender]
- We would take some of his salary [1.2-1.5 sounds good?]
- Every defender is available except EJ and maybe Barrie/Elliott
- And if we could keep the Toronto offers to a bare minimum that would be fantastic

Go....

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
his lack of production and ugly contract will turn most GMs away..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:03 AM
marty111

vCash: 500
This is weird. I thought Colorado wasn't trading Stastny for anything but an overpayment and every other team in league weren't interested in over paying?

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:04 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
This is weird. I thought Colorado wasn't trading Stastny for anything but an overpayment and every other team in league weren't interested in over paying?
The Avs aren't trading Stastny especially not with O'Reilly still not signed.

Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
The only reason why we say that is because of the question marks of our other two centres. I honestly believe the guy needs a change of scenario now since Duchene has stepped up his game, Mitchell has played great, and the ROR stand off could come to an end with Subban signing (both players have the same agent).

Oh and our defense is God awful and needs help added to it.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:08 AM
OLUSAF

Was there a turning point to his career or has it just been a gradual decline? This guy was looking like he was going to be a solid top line center but he hasn't done much to live up to his potential. I know there were rumours that he was upset with the EJ/Stewart deal but his struggles started before that. Big Contract? Coaching? Unhappy with the team? What's the deal?

OLUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:13 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLUSAF View Post
Was there a turning point to his career or has it just been a gradual decline? This guy was looking like he was going to be a solid top line center but he hasn't done much to live up to his potential. I know there were rumours that he was upset with the EJ/Stewart deal but his struggles started before that. Big Contract? Coaching? Unhappy with the team? What's the deal?
Majority of it has to do with wingers. When you have effin Winnik on one side and Kobasew on the other your stat game will go down. I always thought he was a good enough playmaker to make other players better, but it seems he needs top goalscoring wingers to get his production back up.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLUSAF View Post
When he switched from a wood stick to a composite stick.

Muffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:17 AM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
The Avs aren't trading Stastny especially not with O'Reilly still not signed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
The only reason why we say that is because of the question marks of our other two centres. I honestly believe the guy needs a change of scenario now since Duchene has stepped up his game, Mitchell has played great, and the ROR stand off could come to an end with Subban signing (both players have the same agent).

Oh and our defense is God awful and needs help added to it.
Oh okay. Well as a Leaf fan I'll bow out.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:18 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Majority of it has to do with wingers. When you have effin Winnik on one side and Kobasew on the other your stat game will go down. I always thought he was a good enough playmaker to make other players better, but it seems he needs top goalscoring wingers to get his production back up.
You mean effin Rocket Richard winning Winnik, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
But seriously I lean to agree with this. Who's got the cap space and is willing to pay the money to take the risk at this point? Avalanche probably have to hold on for now and hope he turns it around.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:31 AM
Rhaego

I hate to say it's his line mates fault for his production, mainly because he's still been fairly inconsistent throughout the first 5 games, but he could easily have 6/7 assists right now if Jones and Mcginn weren't drunk off their *****.

And its not that we want to trade Stastny, he very well could return to his former dominance soon, but our defense is absolutely horrid and we need an impact defender to pair with EJ.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:54 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

When Avs lock up O'Reilly they have to make a decision about Stastny. I suspect that will happen this summer. They'll see if he wants to re-sign and if he doesn't, they probably have to move him at some point.

I don't expect to see anything happen during this season but there are of course many unknowns at this point.

Stastny was probably the best forward for Avs last half of last season. He just needs his wingers to score. I'm sure McGinn and Jones will start hitting the net sooner rather than later. Stastny needs to pick up his game too. He's been really poor the last two games.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:05 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
My ketchup chips I bought at Esso has more value then this ghost

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 02:29 AM
Remember2004

Bouwmeester+Backlund.
OR
Giordano+3rd or something

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

I am hoping for this scenario:

We re-sign O'Reilly soon, play for the major part of the season with Duchene-Stastny-O'Reilly-Mitchell as our four centers and check out our situation at the Trade Deadline.
Unfortunately, I think, we probably will and should be sellers at this point and then I see us trading Paul Stastny.
There probably will be some team desperately looking for another good center.

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 04:02 AM
heartsabres*

Stafford and Sekera for Stastny

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 05:54 AM
HiddenInLight

If they want a center in the deal, there isn't much buffalo could do. That being said, how about something along the lines of:

After OReilly Signs

To Buffalo:

Paul Statsny

To Colorodo:
Andrej Sekera (Young shutdown Dman)
Pat Kaleta (Adds some grit to your team, very good Pker, pest that draws penalties)
Pick/Prospect

Buffalo doesn't have much in center to trade unless you guys would like Jochen Hecht as a bottom six stopgap. At least none that are NHL ready at this point except for the project maybe center maybe LW luke adam who doesn't hold much value.

Somebody mentioned that colorado could use some grit in a different thread. I don't know how true that is though so if I'm way off base let me know.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:24 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
I think his contact and production would cause concern for a lot of team, but the pro scouts on these teams should realize that Stastny could be a 70+ point player in the right circumstances. Stastny needs to be put with a decent shooter, and would be amazing on a team that knew how to run a proper powerplay.

For the past few season Stastny has been played with the likes for McGinn, Jones, Hejduk, Winnik, Galiardi, Stewart, Kobasew, Porter, and Yip. Half that list is borderline NHLer's. Hejduk is not the same threat he used to be. McGinn can get a few goals but he is ideally a third line winger, and Jones is usually ok for 20 goals. Stastny and Stewart had success together, but the problem with Stewart was that he only knew how to play one side of the game.

If Stastny were given the likes of a Kessel, even Landeskog, he would be putting up 70+ pt seasons. The skill there there, it's just not the right fit in Colorado at the moment.

CB Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I don't want to see Stastny traded, I want to see a healthy Landeskog on his line. It's not his fault we're playing like crap when the guy has literally set up McGinn for at least 3 easy goals so far and he hits the crossbar everytime.

No one will appreciate him like we do right now.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 08:57 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
When he switched from a wood stick to a composite stick.
Ah, the ole Brad Boyes excuse.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:03 AM
cgf

The turning point of Stastny's car was right before the 2011 calendar year, when he cut that gypsy woman off and she cursed him for the next 365 days.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Sweech
COYS!

It's too bad the Jets signed Jokinen (well not really, he's pretty good) as I'd love Winnipeg to get Stastny. Wheeler and Stastny had great chemistry overseas and I'd love to see that continue. I think Stastny could easily revive his career playing in the middle of Wheeler and Kane, or in between Ladd and Little.

Winnipeg wouldn't be able to offer any of what Colorado needs as we're holding onto our top 4 defensemen (Enstrom+Byfuglien+Bogosian+Trouba).

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

How much longer is Stastny under contract?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

I'll ask the OP, as a Leaf fan i will honor your no Leafs request...BUT, the Leafs need a center...SO...is there anything that would work for you?

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
How much longer is Stastny under contract?
This year and then next season and then UFA.

He won't be traded though. As Lonewolfe said, he could have 5-6 points right now, McGinn seems to AIM for the posts and he's not missing and Jones is completely missing in action right now. They'll both come around though.

Stastny will probably get a 3 point game tomorrow and Avs fans will get off his back.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote