HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mike Richards to Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:07 AM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kessel > Richards

If you think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

If you like you could replace King with Clifford.
when kessel has won something then come back at me. He would struggle on a defensive team like the kings. If you don`t see that your fooling yourself He can be a offensive force on a team like the leafs but in he would be a 50 point player`that would send alot of time sitting cause he doesnt play a defense frist game. No i wouldnt replace with king hes another young king that will stay. If anyone is going think penner on the left side.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 AM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Richards will never be traded, he's way too clutch in the playoffs.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:16 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
For sure. I respect others opinions. I've seen plenty of both players, moreso Grabo, but I take Grabos overall game over Richards. And I don't think that it's too outlandish to state.

Grabo has a better shot and more pure offensive skill, and I really like Grabos defensive game + his energy.
I'm not selling Richards short, but that contract is risky, can he rebound to his past self? Probably, but I'll play it safe with the Energizer bunny Grabo
So, wait, Grabo's 5 year contract @ 5.5M per year is "safe", but Richards' 8 years remaning @ 5.75M is "risky"? When Richards is over a year younger and vastly more proven? Come on now.

Richards is clearly the better player here and it's really not even close. He was a major reason why the Flyers made the finals in 2010 and a major reason why the Kings won the cup last year. His shutdown role w/ the team was vital, as was the 15 points he added in 20 games, despite playing that shutdown role.

What has Grabo done? No 30 goal seasons (Richie has 2). No 30 assist seasons (Richie has 4). No 60 point seasons (Richie has 4). Never a Selke finalist (Richie was a finalist in 2009).

One down regular season while adjusting to a vastly different system and 4 scoreless games to start off a season don't change anything. Richards is vastly better than Grabo and holds considerably more value.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Kessel > Richards

If you think otherwise, you're only fooling yourself.

If you like you could replace King with Clifford.
You do realize that the trophy everyone is trying to get when assembling a team is the Stanley Cup and not the Presidents or the Richard trophy right?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Dougie Gilmour

Mike Richards is an absolute animal and a complete 2 way player. Saying Grabo is better is just rediculous and I'm a leafs fan. He would compliment the first line in Toronto no doubt but in order to get a stud of a player like him you gotta shell out some goods. To be honest I would move Phaneuf + for him regardless if it does set our d back, the guy is worth it. And in the off season spend some money on a good ufa and it might entice them a little if they see a team moving in the right direction. But this is me hoping.

Old
01-29-2013, 08:51 AM
A1LeafNation
Welcome to Toronto

Small players that crash = Darcy Tucker.

How old was he when he was done in the NHL? 32.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:26 AM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
So, wait, Grabo's 5 year contract @ 5.5M per year is "safe", but Richards' 8 years remaning @ 5.75M is "risky"? When Richards is over a year younger and vastly more proven? Come on now.

Richards is clearly the better player here and it's really not even close. He was a major reason why the Flyers made the finals in 2010 and a major reason why the Kings won the cup last year. His shutdown role w/ the team was vital, as was the 15 points he added in 20 games, despite playing that shutdown role.

What has Grabo done? No 30 goal seasons (Richie has 2). No 30 assist seasons (Richie has 4). No 60 point seasons (Richie has 4). Never a Selke finalist (Richie was a finalist in 2009).

One down regular season while adjusting to a vastly different system and 4 scoreless games to start off a season don't change anything. Richards is vastly better than Grabo and holds considerably more value.
If Richards is vastly better and holds considerably more value than how come their production has been virutally identical the past two seasons? It is close right now. Yes, I'll concede Richards has more value given that he's proven to have that extra gear, but he hasn't been the point per game Richards in 4 years. I'd say that's pretty significant. You can throw out arbitrary numbers that Grabovski hasn't hit all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that they've been very similar players since the 2010-2011 season.

Mikhail Grabovski 160GP 55G 59A 114P
Mike Richards 160GP 41G 70A 111P

Personally I put more value in the most recent seasons than I do in seasons 4 and 5 years ago, but maybe that's just me.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:31 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1LeafNation View Post
Small players that crash = Darcy Tucker.

How old was he when he was done in the NHL? 32.
So your saying that Grabovski is done in just a couple of seasons then, right?

That means that Richards has 4 more seasons left him at least.

Grabo is more than a year older than Richards and is of a smaller build. Darcy Tucker played 14 seasons in the NHL and topped out at 5'10" 172lbs. He had a much smaller frame then either Grabo (well not a much smaller frame but smaller than Grabo by 10lbs) or Richards (199lbs).

I think it is fair to say that both Grabo and Richards should have at least another 4 or 5 solid years in them. Richards is just the better all around player who has proven himself a champion and a critical part of each championship team he has been on where Grabovski hasn't. Well not yet anyway but who knows how that will go.

I think other than around Leafworld you will be really hard pressed to find too many people who would rather have MG over MR and I also think that most people would laugh at the idea.

Old
01-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

NHL Playoffs

Richards
83gms 20g 45a 65pts

Grabovsky
0gms 0g 0a 0pts

And LA trades Richards for this...lol

Old
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
FlyersFan61290

If you watched Richards in the playoffs last year or in years before you know exactly why he won't be traded/ why most would choose him over Grabo or Kessel

Old
01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Now that I think of it, why are the leafs adding for Richards.

Grabo is better offensively, better defensively, cheaper, and has great chemistry alongside Kulemin.

Only benefit of Richards is the 1 or 2 year age difference, and a cup ring.
I'm the only one who noticed this ?

Old
01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
i just think nobody takes him seriuos.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:45 PM
TopT

I LOVE Leafs fans. They suck every year but have the best players in the league also every year

Old
01-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Mike Richards would require a massive overpayment on Toronto's part

Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest View Post
Oh wow. Please don't hold back people. I was gauging value not people to take a crap on my proposal.

Last time I checked a younger Richards was dealt for Simmonds + Schenn and a 2nd round pick in 2011. Grabo > Simmonds and Schenn imo is still a huge question mark.

Leafs will probably need to add more to the original proposal, but seriously. Some of you are just so quick with your wits eh?

Okay all of this is hypothetical but a revised prop:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

Or should I just go **** myself.

So... you post an insanely horrible one-sided proposal in the OP, and then you insult people once they (rightfully) tell you how laughably bad it is? And you question other people's intelligence? lol ok

Last edited by The Red Line: 01-29-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old
01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
416Leafer

Quote:

For sure. I respect others opinions. I've seen plenty of both players, moreso Grabo, but I take Grabos overall game over Richards. And I don't think that it's too outlandish to state.

Grabo has a better shot and more pure offensive skill, and I really like Grabos defensive game + his energy.
I'm not selling Richards short, but that contract is risky, can he rebound to his past self? Probably, but I'll play it safe with the Energizer bunny Grabo
Call me when Grabo gets nominated for a Selke and puts up four 60+ point seasons, including an 80 pt and 75 pt season.

Not to mention Richards is a proven playoff warrior.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
No, I think most just decided not to dignify it with a response.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
drums4dmf

Peeps comparing Grabo to Richie! LOL please stop.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I don't see any of the Kings core pieces moving, certainly not since they just won the Cup. That said, what was the rumoured Richards deal back when he was still with Philly? I think it was Kulemin + 1st or something. Obviously that wouldn't do it anymore, but like another poster said, I think it would take something the Leafs wouldn't do, like Reilly + Kessel, or Reilly + Kadri + 1st, something like that. Overpayment? Maybe a little, but I would think that this is what it would take.
I would take Kessel over Richards on either of my teams. Kessel + Thornton... Throw Clowe on LW to protect Kessel and Thornton has size to look after himself...

Kessel on the Habs, line with Galchenyuk and Patches...

Old
01-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

5 games removed from being a playoff hero in a dominant Cup run = washed up.

Toronto fans here, if Grabs is so good and Richards is so bad, why propose trading one for the other??

Old
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
I LOVE Leafs fans. They suck every year but have the best players in the league also every year
I find their proposals very, very entertaining.

My combination of lesser assets for your better asset. And don't you dare insult our lesser assets, or state any facts like, they're lesser assets.

They've done studies with proposals from Leafs fans. 60% of the time, they're horrible every time.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:36 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest View Post
Oh wow. Please don't hold back people. I was gauging value not people to take a crap on my proposal.

Last time I checked a younger Richards was dealt for Simmonds + Schenn and a 2nd round pick in 2011. Grabo > Simmonds and Schenn imo is still a huge question mark.

Leafs will probably need to add more to the original proposal, but seriously. Some of you are just so quick with your wits eh?

Okay all of this is hypothetical but a revised prop:

Grabo
Kadri
2nd rounder

Or should I just go **** myself.
Schenn was considered an elite prospect at the time the Kings/Flyers trade occurred.

The Kings aren't interested in quantity anymore, just quality. I suppose they could slide Carter into the #2 center spot, but why? Richards is a playoff warrior and set the tone early for the Kings in their 1st round series against the Canucks. When the games are big, there aren't many tougher competitors in the NHL.

Old
01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopT View Post
lol

so true, so true.

Old
01-29-2013, 05:05 PM
BudMovin*

vCash:

Pretty sure you can have him cheap. Something like Tyler Bozak and a 2nd.

Old
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
5 games removed from being a playoff hero in a dominant Cup run = washed up.

Toronto fans here, if Grabs is so good and Richards is so bad, why propose trading one for the other??
Have you ever considered the possibility that the biggest hockey fanbase in the World is not a hivemind that agrees on everything?

Furthermore, I don't think many are suggesting Grabo is so good and Richards is so bad, just that the difference between them isn't astronomical. Nobody has really responded to my post where I pointed out that their production has been nearly identical over the past two years, you guys are less interested in actually engaging in a discussion and more interested in ragging on a massive group of people over the ill-informed opinions of a few. If you want to talk Grabo vs Richards, let's talk Grabo vs Richards. But if you're more interested in bashing other fanbases to boost your own self-esteem, perhaps you should take a break from the board.

By the way this isn't just directed at you, I don't mean to make it look like I'm singling you out, this is directed at all the jokers who think they're hilarious detracting from any actual discussion over the past page or two. Personally I come here to talk hockey, not to boost my self-esteem.

Closed Thread