HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Practice Report

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Habitants

vCash: 500
Practice Report

I dropped by the practice today and thought i would share a few notes here.

I missed the start, but when i got there they were practicing recovery of dump-in and transition to breakout.

I noted that Clement Jodoin was running most of the drills, Therrien was back with the crowd of players waiting their turns.

They had the four coaches on the ice and they all seemed to be looking at different aspects, and working with their particular players. IE JJ with the D.

At one point when the players were stretching the coaches took turns shooting trying to hit the posts from the blue line. They seems to have a nice dynamic with themselves and the players also.

Gionta scored twice low blocker on price on the breakout plays, nice little shot. Price showed a little frustration after the second one, as in how did he trick me again.

White is a funny character. at one point he scored on goal mouth scrambles and did an exaggerated celly ala yakupov i guess. he went back to price and gave him a tap after.

Kaberle got hit in the face by a deflected point shot and left practice. (i think it was weber, lol jk)

Cole was standing alone aside a couple times, and he did not stretch as much as the other players. not sure if he is a little sore.

Maxpac was not there, as reported, he has Flu symptoms.

As practice ended most of the players left the ice but about half of them stayed on for some extra work.

JJ set up lines of pucks for the Dmen to hammer at the net from the Blue line. Diaz and Weber looked quite good here.

Gorges was shooting his ine and White+Prust shot pucks at the line to mess up his sequence. was pretty hilarious. JJ gave them flak as in you guys do you drills on your side and dont mess with us. Gorges was not too happy.

They did it again when Gorges was shooting his second line a little later, and JJ was actually blocking their shots. when gorges finished he went over and took a slap shot at them, well next to them. was funny.

more players left.

Gally, chucky and Desharnais were shooting pucks into a bucket to pick them up, White came over and dumped the bucket and then explained that they should play a game to put the pucks in the bucket. it was essentially like 21 in basketball. one guy shoots and the others shoot in rebound if they miss. they did this for some time.

Diaz was puck juggling with moen, like haki sack.

Eller was the last off the ice, he was practicing some shots with JJ to finish up and they cleaned up pucks at the end.

It could be fun to keep this as a regular thread since practice is usually open, and many people like to watch. this could be a place to share observations. Just an idea.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Good stuff. How did Eller look overall?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Thx for the update. Anything on Pleks ?

Old
01-26-2013, 03:37 PM
PricePkPatch

That was nice. Thank you for sharing

It's nice seeing these players on a human perspective, rather than the competitors in the rink.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

I think Eller gets back in the lineup tomorrow at the expense of White who needs to tone it down a bit

Old
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
The Doors

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Galchenyuk
Prust - White - Armstrong

would be a good forwards lines vs the Devils

Old
01-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Gallagher has outplayed Galchenyuk in both games they've played, no way Gallagher is the one who gets benched for Eller. It's going to be White probably, too shaky on the PK and takes dumbass penalties.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
I think Eller gets back in the lineup tomorrow at the expense of White who needs to tone it down a bit
Tone what down exactly?

Old
01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

His dumb penalties. Prust plays with the same intensity and you don't see him take bonehead penalties like White is.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:13 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Gallagher has outplayed Galchenyuk in both games they've played, no way Gallagher is the one who gets benched for Eller. It's going to be White probably, too shaky on the PK and takes dumbass penalties.
There was no training camp man. All the young players will sit here and there at the start of the season. They'll get a chance to watch from upstairs and play a regular shift when they're in the lineup. Numbers game. Like Therrien said, it's not a negative for the young player it's just part of playing at the NHL level the coaches want them to be at.

Gallagher sitting wouldn't be nearly as surprising as it was when Eller games ago. When the Leafs game ended, would you have predicted he'd be a healthy next game? In the bottom six you have Moen, Prust, and Armstrong who won't sit. You have Eller back in. Galchenyuk isn't going to sit he'll play his five and get evaluated. It's White or Gallagher. White has been rolling along and being a badass on the fourth line, they need that in the lineup all the time the Habs are trying to establish a "don't **** with us anymore" identity and he's part of it.

Old
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen

Kaberle injured... #Giveachancetoweber

Old
01-26-2013, 04:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Pactice makes pefect!

Old
01-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

If Pacioretty can play:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole (they looked better last game)
Eller - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Prust

Scratch: Armstrong

If Pacioretty can't play:

Eller - Desharnais - Cole
Prust - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Moen - White - Armstrong

It sucks but if we're going to keep Galchenyuk around Eller will have to move to wing for the remaining of the season. He can have his spot in the middle back next year with DD or Plekanec moving. Next year, I see Plekanec-Galchenyuk-Eller-Leblanc as our four centers, in that order. I like DD but he's the odd man out IMO

Old
01-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Ubercron9000

You really talking about pactice? This isnqt a game this is pactice!!! Not a game... pactice.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Dont Poke Subban

I do think White should be scratched next game.

So bottom six will be
Prust Galchenyuk Gallagher
Moen Eller Armstrong

Old
01-26-2013, 08:34 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

With Max out for three to four week (which seriously blows!)

And with Kaberle hit on the face (which doesn't blow as much)

I hope Gally moves up to the top line and Eller gets his 3rd line C back!

Gally---DD---Cole
Bourque---Pleky---Cole
Moen---Eller---Gallagher
Prust---White---Armstrong

Markov Emelin
Weber Boullion
Diaz Gorges

We could really use PK to solidify this group.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Habitants

yeah practice was kinda nice. i spent more time noticing these little quirks about the players and the practice routine.

but as i said Gionta had a couple good shots, and Pleks andd Bourque were playing pretty good. With maxpac out this may become the defacto first line.

Prust and white are just great characters.

Gally and chucky showed some good energy, and Gally pulled a couple little moves, but nothing ridiculous.

Weber and Diaz looking solid on shots and they both seemed to work pretty hard.

Eller looking good, like he want to get back in the lineup. hopefully Therrien lit a fire inside him and he will come out and score another 4 goal game. lol

Last edited by Habitants: 01-26-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 10:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post

I missed the start, but when i got there they were practicing recovery of dump-in and transition to breakout.

I noted that Clement Jodoin was running most of the drills, Therrien was back with the crowd of players waiting their turns.

They had the four coaches on the ice and they all seemed to be looking at different aspects, and working with their particular players. IE JJ with the D.

At one point when the players were stretching the coaches took turns shooting trying to hit the posts from the blue line. They seems to have a nice dynamic with themselves and the players also.

Gionta scored twice low blocker on price on the breakout plays, nice little shot. Price showed a little frustration after the second one, as in how did he trick me again.

White is a funny character. at one point he scored on goal mouth scrambles and did an exaggerated celly ala yakupov i guess. he went back to price and gave him a tap after.

Kaberle got hit in the face by a deflected point shot and left practice. (i think it was weber, lol jk)

Cole was standing alone aside a couple times, and he did not stretch as much as the other players. not sure if he is a little sore.

As practice ended most of the players left the ice but about half of them stayed on for some extra work.

JJ set up lines of pucks for the Dmen to hammer at the net from the Blue line. Diaz and Weber looked quite good here.

Gorges was shooting his ine and White+Prust shot pucks at the line to mess up his sequence. was pretty hilarious. JJ gave them flak as in you guys do you drills on your side and dont mess with us. Gorges was not too happy.

They did it again when Gorges was shooting his second line a little later, and JJ was actually blocking their shots. when gorges finished he went over and took a slap shot at them, well next to them. was funny.

more players left.

Gally, chucky and Desharnais were shooting pucks into a bucket to pick them up, White came over and dumped the bucket and then explained that they should play a game to put the pucks in the bucket. it was essentially like 21 in basketball. one guy shoots and the others shoot in rebound if they miss. they did this for some time.

Eller was the last off the ice, he was practicing some shots with JJ to finish up and they cleaned up pucks at the end.

It could be fun to keep this as a regular thread since practice is usually open, and many people like to watch. this could be a place to share observations. Just an idea.
Thanks for the report !!

Old
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Habblues

Quote:

more players left.

Great Idea........Thanks and very interesting.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:35 AM
andersej

Puck in the face, huh? Is that what they do in the new CBA when overpaid players can't be bought out or sent to the minors?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Koivu 11

right now the twitterverse is saying that Eller's going to be playing with DD and Cole on the top line...so...

Eller-DD-Cole
RB-Plex-Gionta
Prust-Chucky-Gally
Moen-White-Armstrong

Maybe swap DD and Eller for a couple of shifts and see if it works out with DD on the wing since Eller's a much better center than winger and has more size around both creases? Or Chucky moves up to the LW and scores a whole bunch?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Habitants

video of the Gorges 'incident' lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b02zD...ature=youtu.be

Old
01-28-2013, 11:40 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
LOL did he hit him ?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
LOL did he hit him ?
He hit something 'cause it looked like the puck richoeted away after that. Surprised Gorgie would launch a slapper into a pile of guys like that. He's an intense one though, and everyone was laughing about it. No harm, no foul!

Old
01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdanielkli View Post
LOL did he hit him ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
He hit something 'cause it looked like the puck richoeted away after that. Surprised Gorgie would launch a slapper into a pile of guys like that. He's an intense one though, and everyone was laughing about it. No harm, no foul!
no, he was aiming low and on the boards like 6+ ft away, it bounced off the boards. might have hit other pucks in the process, there was many pucks all over..

Closed Thread