HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
  #601
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxCouturier View Post
How far away are booth and kesler from returning? Thanks in advance
6-9 days until kesler starts practicing with the team. booth not too much longer after

then its just a matter of when they feel comfortable. I'd say in a little over 2 weeks, kesler should be back.

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
  #602
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirouxCouturier View Post
How far away are booth and kesler from returning? Thanks in advance
Unknown. Gillis said yesterday he hoped to see Kesler start skating with the team in 7-10 days, and Booth shortly thereafter.

Booth's projection was out for 4-6 weeks. Kesler is currently out indefinitely.

Samzilla is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:53 PM
  #603
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog
 
Ogie Goldthorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NS via BC
Posts: 2,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy View Post
So, we watch an 8th seed steam roll there way to a cup last year...we've seen numerous 6th and under seeds make it to the finals in recent years..but you would just throw this year away, with the Sedins almost past there prime and everybody else getting older?


Keep planning for the future buddy, the present may never come.
My first answer was that I would rather have Kesler back at 100% and make the playoffs. A healthy Kesler is almost as important to the Canucks future as the Sedins is/are. I don't want him coming back half healed and permanently wrecking himself for this already half thrown away season.

Besides, even if the Sedins are on the downhill side(s) of their career(s), they've still got a few good years before they crap out. And anyway... who's gonna step forward carry the franchise after they're gone (other than a Kesler we hopefully don't wreck this season)? A Seth Jones / Nathan MacKinnon (etc.) would be nice. In case you hadn't noticed, our cupboard is exactly overflowing with blue chippers these days. I'm not advocating tanking at all, but if we happened to not get our **** together during this shortened season and ended up with a good pick, I wouldn't be crying too long or hard.

We've still got a couple of good seasons left with the guys we have... and it sure would be nice if we had a really good guy or two ready to take over when this crop is done.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  #604
B-rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe View Post
My first answer was that I would rather have Kesler back at 100% and make the playoffs. A healthy Kesler is almost as important to the Canucks future as the Sedins is/are. I don't want him coming back half healed and permanently wrecking himself for this already half thrown away season.

Besides, even if the Sedins are on the downhill side(s) of their career(s), they've still got a few good years before they crap out. And anyway... who's gonna step forward carry the franchise after they're gone (other than a Kesler we hopefully don't wreck this season)? A Seth Jones / Nathan MacKinnon (etc.) would be nice. In case you hadn't noticed, our cupboard is exactly overflowing with blue chippers these days. I'm not advocating tanking at all, but if we happened to not get our **** together during this shortened season and ended up with a good pick, I wouldn't be crying too long or hard.

We've still got a couple of good seasons left with the guys we have... and it sure would be nice if we had a really good guy or two ready to take over when this crop is done.
My sentiments exactly.

B-rock is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
  #605
DJOpus
Registered User
 
DJOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Hey Vancouver fans, quick question. Is Bieksa injured at all? Someone has dropped him in my fantasy league and I am looking at picking him up..thanks cheers.
He's not on the 1st unit PP which I believe he was for stretches last year. For defenseman, not getting PP time is a killer for point production.

DJOpus is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
  #606
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
What kind of drill was this?
Don't think this has been answered. Gillis says was a skating drill used to measure explosiveness and speed. So from a standing start?
Also was after working out for a hour.
From here http://www.teamradio.ca/news/canucks...-roster-to-23/

Stories Tales Lies is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:14 PM
  #607
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Don't think this has been answered. Gillis says was a skating drill used to measure explosiveness and speed. So from a standing start?
Also was after working out for a hour.
From here http://www.teamradio.ca/news/canucks...-roster-to-23/
Oh, thanks. I was interested because a poster mentioned that Higgins apparently had some concerns about it, so I was wondering what it was.

vanuck is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
  #608
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Oh, thanks. I was interested because a poster mentioned that Higgins apparently had some concerns about it, so I was wondering what it was.
Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi> Canucks medical staff.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
  #609
aandbreatheme
Registered User
 
aandbreatheme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi> Canucks medical staff.
LOL

Sounds about right.

aandbreatheme is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
  #610
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater
 
shortshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
LOL

Sounds about right.
I'd personally rate it as:

Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi = Vancouver Medical Staff.

Honestly

I still can't believe Raymond was allowed to walk off the ice.

shortshorts is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
  #611
vector209
Registered User
 
vector209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'd personally rate it as:

Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi = Vancouver Medical Staff.

Honestly

I still can't believe Raymond was allowed to walk off the ice.
That was one of the dumbest and most incompetent things I've ever seen in my life.

vector209 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 11:43 PM
  #612
ItsAllPartOfThePlan
Registered User
 
ItsAllPartOfThePlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,044
vCash: 500
You guys forgot about Dr. Vignault

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:06 AM
  #613
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 250
Dr Higgins? Dr Recchi? Dr Vigneault?

Clearly there's something going on here with the Habs connection...

vanuck is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 12:16 AM
  #614
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,694
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
I'd personally rate it as:

Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi = Vancouver Medical Staff.

Honestly

I still can't believe Raymond was allowed to walk off the ice.
That still makes me want to fire all of those trainers/medical staff on the spot.


luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
  #615
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Dr Higgins? Dr Recchi? Dr Vigneault?

Clearly there's something going on here with the Habs connection...
A homeless person in Montreal told me that we were going to meet the Habs in the SCF that year, so there's your connection.

Yossarian54 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
  #616
PRNuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Dr. Higgins > Dr. Recchi> Canucks medical staff.
Well...he did go to Yale

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
  #617
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,694
vCash: 50
So apparently Kassian gave Ben Eager a concussion?

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
  #618
Pseudonymous
Registered User
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
So apparently Kassian gave Ben Eager a concussion?


yes

Pseudonymous is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:13 PM
  #619
canuck4life16
Registered User
 
canuck4life16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 50
looks like Lapiere has a groin injury maybe that why he has not been great........but he play against ducks
Jeff Patterson twitter
Schneider starts vs ANA, Lapierre (groin) will skate tomorrrow morning. Likely to play vs Ducks

canuck4life16 is online now  
Old
01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
  #620
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,982
vCash: 500
When is Lack suppose to be healthy?

Qubax is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 11:35 PM
  #621
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 934
Dear god I hope kesler's back soon

Samzilla is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
  #622
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Dear god I hope kesler's back soon
I just want a healthy line-up. Kesler would be a huge bump to the #1 PP too as it gives us a RH option for the point. I'm hoping they keep someone like Kassian or Hansen in front of the net though, we don't need Kesler up there taking punishment.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Edler-Kesler


Raymond-Schroeder-Booth
Garrison-Bieksa

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 03:42 PM
  #623
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons
 
vanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 9,888
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I just want a healthy line-up. Kesler would be a huge bump to the #1 PP too as it gives us a RH option for the point. I'm hoping they keep someone like Kassian or Hansen in front of the net though, we don't need Kesler up there taking punishment.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Edler-Kesler


Raymond-Schroeder-Booth
Garrison-Bieksa
Pretty much how I'd like for them to set it up. We need that big right shot back there.

vanuck is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:18 AM
  #624
Samzilla
Registered User
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 934
sure hope we hear Kesler's skating with the team in their first practice back from this road trip

Samzilla is offline  
Old
01-29-2013, 01:40 AM
  #625
PG Canuck
Global Moderator
 
PG Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,498
vCash: 1512
Can we just replace Kesler's whole arm? I'll give my arm to him if it means we get him in the lineup sooner. Really missing our heart and soul right about now.

PG Canuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.